Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 UMD Season Thread

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Yeah, they head man the puck often. And it's usually Stalder cruising up around the UMD blue line waiting for that opportunity/pass from the 'Dog zone.
    So most of her goals are on a breakaway...LOL.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      So most of her goals are on a breakaway...LOL.
      A number of them are, but no, their offence is not one dimensional.

It's too bad you didn't get an opportunity to witness that.

Comment

A number of them are, but no, their offence is not one dimensional.

It's too bad you didn't get an opportunity to witness that.
        I was really looking forward to seeing in person what kind of pressure she'd put on the UW D and how they were going to handle that. I may or may not get another opportunity to watch.

Comment

Article on Rooney that's a couple weeks old (saw another one that I couldn't get access to the headline for which implied that she "refused" to leave the game during the blowout vs UW on Sunday. Who knows if that was accurate or just a use of hyperbole?)

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/spo...ish-net-anyone

Comment

This week old article alludes to why Healey wasn't playing this past weekend but doesn't address why Elmes wasn't...

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/spo...gs-shorthanded

Article on Morin...

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/spo...ing-her-points
            Last edited by Blackbeard; 02-15-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Article on Rooney that's a couple weeks old (saw another one that I couldn't get access to the headline for which implied that she "refused" to leave the game during the blowout vs UW on Sunday. Who knows if that was accurate or just a use of hyperbole?)
              I can believe it. When Rooney did come out, there was some odd body language to it; after she gave up her last goal, she looked over to the bench and raised her hand, like football players will do when they want out to rest for a play or two. She asked to come out. So it could be the coaches tried to talk her out of the game between the second and third periods, but she refused. And then after two more goals, she finally signaled "yeah, OK".

Comment

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/spo...ish-net-anyone
                That makes the most sense. I was on the other side of the ice to start the third and I just assumed she would have gotten pulled. So I was surprised that she was still in and then came out after the 8th. I would doubt that she would "refuse" to go the bench if the coach told her, but could have easily been asked if she wanted to play the 3rd and she said yes. I respect it, but at some point you just have to realize that it's not your (or the team's) day. No reputable coach is going to let their goalie just twist in the wind like unless there are literally no other options.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  I can believe it. When Rooney did come out, there was some odd body language to it; after she gave up her last goal, she looked over to the bench and raised her hand, like football players will do when they want out to rest for a play or two. She asked to come out. So it could be the coaches tried to talk her out of the game between the second and third periods, but she refused. And then after two more goals, she finally signaled "yeah, OK".
                  I was shocked to see her still in the game after 2 and it appeared to me she pulled herself after goal 8, as you indicated. It was fun to sieve her and point literally right at her on the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I was shocked to see her still in the game after 2 and it appeared to me she pulled herself after goal 8, as you indicated. It was fun to sieve her and point literally right at her on the bench.
                    Gosh I hope you're kidding, but I get the feeling that's a serious comment. Are you 12?
                    Ducks Fly Together

Comment

Originally posted by charlieconway View Post
                      Gosh I hope you're kidding, but I get the feeling that's a serious comment. Are you 12?
                      The sieve chant is quite the spectacle to behold. I take it you never have?
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                        I get it when the student section chants and points together to try and rattle a goaltender, and I see no problem when that's the case. I think it's stupid (especially at high levels like major college and pro hockey) outside of that. I know too well how tough a goalie's job is to participate in any taunting.

Maybe I'm being a fun-hater, but the idea of someone with likely a fraction of Rooney's athletic ability taking such joy in a sieve chant directed at her is annoying.
                        Ducks Fly Together

Comment

Originally posted by charlieconway View Post
                          The 95% confidence interval on that is about three years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                            The 95% confidence interval on that is about three years.
                            Rooney should have handed the gloves and stick over to Timothy and give him a shot at it. I would pay twice the price of admission to see that!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                              Rooney should have handed the gloves and stick over to Timothy and give him a shot at it. I would pay twice the price of admission to see that!
                              First off, you are nuts if you think I'd EVER wear anything uniform or any clothes for that fact with those putrid colors. No way. Secondly, had I gone in and played in her place I would have destroyed UW's scoring confidence, and they would be counter productive what I want them to achieve.

Everyone knows it's all in good fun. And I was fun to get to chant "8, we want more!" against UM and UMD, and not anyone else so far this season. I mean, who would have thought that would ever happen? Ever? A dream come true for sure.

And I am 12.....in dog years.....and don't look a day over 30 unless I don't shave and the grey beard fills in.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                30-40 years ago it was
                                today, it is on the level of doing the wave

IMO, I give the band a pass, it's their pay for showing up and playing, but 90% of what they do is awfully childish, but then you have to remember that today college is nothing more than day care for adults, paid for by their mommy and daddy

Comment

Working...
                                X