2016 UMD Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 UMD Season Thread

With graduation & the possibility of Rooney being Centralized it should make for an interesting '17-'18 season for the Dogs! Good luck against the Gophs!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Bump
      What does "bump" mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Ciscokid View Post
        What does "bump" mean?
        It means the forum was filled with Spam until the moderators removed it so TTT made the actual threads more recently active than that Spam.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

UMD's post game/season recap...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2017...x?path=whockey

And post game press conference...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDa4qQMxbRs

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
            UMD's post game/season recap...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2017...x?path=whockey

And post game press conference...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDa4qQMxbRs
            Lara Stalder, Ashleigh Brykaliuk, Sidney Morin, Demi Crossman and Katherine McGovern is a heck of a senior group. The performance and class of UMD this year was outstanding. It will be interesting to see how the program will develop after the loss of those 5 players. They will be hard to replace but this year's Bulldogs team definitely had something bigger going for it than just just those 5.

I wonder what the odds are of Rooney being centralized next year.

Thanks for the press conference link. It's a bit heartrending particularly at the beginning. At one point Rooney said something that made Brykaliuk and Stalder laugh but someone dropped something right when she said it. I wish I could have heard what she said.

I still think it's a shame that this team was so shorthanded for one of their series against Wisconsin. That should have been one of the biggest series of the year in women's hockey

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
              Lara Stalder, Ashleigh Brykaliuk, Sidney Morin, Demi Crossman and Katherine McGovern is a heck of a senior group. The performance and class of UMD this year was outstanding. It will be interesting to see how the program will develop after the loss of those 5 players. They will be hard to replace but this year's Bulldogs team definitely had something bigger going for it than just just those 5.

I wonder what the odds are of Rooney being centralized next year.

Thanks for the press conference link. It's a bit heartrending particularly at the beginning. At one point Rooney said something that made Brykaliuk and Stalder laugh but someone dropped something right when she said it. I wish I could have heard what she said.

I still think it's a shame that this team was so shorthanded for one of their series against Wisconsin. That should have been one of the biggest series of the year in women's hockey
              Agree with the above. Tremendous accomplishment considering their rising so quickly from the ashes of the UMD-Miller debacle of 2 years ago.

(Forgot to mention...the Possum Play was alluded to in the UMD recap!!...a brilliant strategy that paid huge dividends which will be impossible to duplicate next year since their cover got blown yesterday. But, wait, did it really? Five great seniors gone, including one of the best first lines in the country...untested freshman coming in...their great goaltender possibly centralized...everyone will write them off just like at the beginning of this season...no, could it be?...going to the well again...I think I keep "misunderestimating" their long term forward looking strategy...amazing in its effective simplicity).

Too bad the acoustics at the press conference were less than ideal...tough to hear some of what was said.

And you echoed my previously mentioned sentiments with respect to its being unfortunate that UMD played UW twice recently with such a disadvantage going in to those games. I wanted to see a 60 minute performance like yesterday's, effort wise, like they've produced most of the year, (with normal scoring success), in a game vs UW with no disadvantages for either team going in to see what the outcome would be. With a seriously depleted bench they took UW to OT and then to the shoot out that followed. That showed the calibre of this team in my view.

Good luck the rest of the way...I'll be watching the semis and pleased to be watching the final on the wide screen...(but I have a funny feeling about Clarkson and that 3 years ago may not have been their last train).

Comment

I really have to hand it to Lara Stalder for taking responsibility for allowing the Gopher's goal. Also nice to see what Coach Crowell said in response.

From the StarTribune:
                UMD’s Lara Stalder, a Patty Kazmaier finalist with 56 points, blamed herself for not covering Marshall on the play. Stalder had scored the game-winning goal to beat the Gophers just a week earlier, but this game left her wiping tears.
                “I wasn’t looking for a second, and [Marshall] was back door,” Stalder said. “And don’t even try to blame it on Rooney. She held us in the game and made huge saves, and it was my mistake.”

UMD coach Maura Crowell interjected, saying, “We wouldn’t even be in the game if it wasn’t for the way Stalder played all season long.”
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

[QUOTE=D2D;6463043]I really have to hand it to Lara Stalder for taking responsibility for allowing the Gopher's goal. Also nice to see what Coach Crowell said in response.

From the StarTribune:
                  UMD’s Lara Stalder, a Patty Kazmaier finalist with 56 points, blamed herself for not covering Marshall on the play. Stalder had scored the game-winning goal to beat the Gophers just a week earlier, but this game left her wiping tears.
                  “I wasn’t looking for a second, and [Marshall] was back door,” Stalder said. “And don’t even try to blame it on Rooney. She held us in the game and made huge saves, and it was my mistake.”

UMD coach Maura Crowell interjected, saying, “We wouldn’t even be in the game if it wasn’t for the way Stalder played all season long.”[/QUOTE

Yeah, class act in trying times.

That's when you really see what someone is made of, not when things are going swimmingly for them.

She just demonstrated and validated part of her being selected to the Patty Kaz Final 3...character.

Thanks for posting this as I had lots of trouble hearing what was said because the acoustics were so bad and they sat so far back/away from the microphones.
                  Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-13-2017, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                    everyone will write them off just like at the beginning of this season
                    No need to worry. UMD finished in 6th place last year in the WCHA with a 15-21 record. It still received top 10 votes before the season. In fact, I'm pretty sure that every WCHA team except Mankato received top 10 votes this season, even teams with .300 winning percentages. You should be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                      In fact, I'm pretty sure that every WCHA team except Mankato received top 10 votes this season, even teams with .300 winning percentages.
                      Those Mavericks are a pretty darn good team.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Those Mavericks are a pretty darn good team.
                        For dang sure and those Indians, er I mean Mavericks more than doubled their win total from last year and swept eastern powerhouse RIT.
                        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                          No need to worry. UMD finished in 6th place last year in the WCHA with a 15-21 record. It still received top 10 votes before the season. In fact, I'm pretty sure that every WCHA team except Mankato received top 10 votes this season, even teams with .300 winning percentages. You should be good to go.
                          I'm sure Blackbeard appreciates EF1's sincerity and encouragement.
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

UMD caps off a great year with a "Coach Of The Year" award, congratulations!

http://www.uscho.com/2017/03/22/minn...h-of-the-year/

Comment

A well deserved award. Congrats to her.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                                A well deserved award. Congrats to her.
                                Seconded.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X