2016 UMD Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 UMD Season Thread

I see Stadler had 3 goals and 2 assists in Switz 6-1 win over Denmark in todays opening game.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      It would have been nice of you to mention it....
      Maybe my wording wasn't as clear as it could have been. If you are referring to the fact that Stalder and Mrazova won't be on the 'Dogs roster this weekend, I knew nothing about it until I read it here from UW fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
        Maybe my wording wasn't as clear as it could have been. If you are referring to the fact that Stalder and Mrazova won't be on the 'Dogs roster this weekend, I knew nothing about it until I read it here from UW fans.
        10-4.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Nice timing since you get that pushover in Madison I am sure it won't affect the standings or national rankings.

UGH! This crap really needs to stop. I understand that the national teams don't care - even though they should since it is impacting their players in several ways - but teams like UW, UM and UMD losing key players during stretches of the season does not help the womens game overall.

Comment

The list as I know it that is missing games this weekend

Team Swiss: Phoebe Staenz Ylae, Laura Standler Minny Duluth (she had a hat trick and 2 assists in the Swiss 6-1 win over Denmark today)
            Team Czech: Michela Pezjlova Clarkson (1g), Denisa Krizova Northeastern (2g), Katerina Mrazova Minn Duluth (Czech winning 5-0 in period 2 against Norway)
            Team Denmark: Josefine Hansen RPI

Note: Pezjlova was not playing for Clarkson last weekend also due to this Tournament.
            Last edited by vicb; 02-09-2017, 02:15 PM.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Congratulations to these student athletes. Great achievement and good to be acknowledged publicly.

At the same time if you read the article closely it reminds me that there are only three kinds of people in the world.

Those who are good at math and those who aren't.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2017...x?path=whockey

Comment

Pre-series run down including UMD's official acknowledgment of the 'Dogs who will be missing in action this weekend vs the Diggers.

Comment

Congratulations to these student athletes. Great achievement and good to be acknowledged publicly.

At the same time if you read the article closely it reminds me that there are only three kinds of people in the world.

Those who are good at math and those who aren't.

I read this to my wife and a minute later after she stopped laughing I asked, "What's so funny?" She explained it to me. Well, Intro To Math was the last required course I took in college for a reason. I'm just glad they had calculators when I was still working.
                  "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                    I read this to my wife and a minute later after she stopped laughing I asked, "What's so funny?" She explained it to me. Well, Intro To Math was the last required course I took in college for a reason. I'm just glad they had calculators when I was still working.
                    That's funny.

But did you see why I made that comment?

Comment

But did you see why I made that comment?
                      I checked the WCHA release and discovered that this really isn't a math or non-math person problem. The WCHA release does indeed list 10 scholar-athletes for UMD. The problem is that the UMD release only lists 9 of the names, omitting the name of Jessica Healey.
                      Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                        I checked the WCHA release and discovered that this really isn't a math or non-math person problem. The WCHA release does indeed list 10 scholar-athletes for UMD. The problem is that the UMD release only lists 9 of the names, omitting the name of Jessica Healey.
                        9 or 10. Either way that is so impressive. Nice to see a strong program also have strong academics.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                          It's a math problem in that the person responsible for the announcement didn't check their work for accuracy leaving the reader to wonder if someone was missed in the article or if it was really only 9, and if so, further wondering if the bold headline of a "program record" was still accurate.

Thanks for checking it further and discovering that Healey was missed. That option didn't occur to me.

Comment

Stalder ends up with another hat trick, this time against a surprisingly decent Norway team.

Comment

UMD 0 - UW 0 after one. SOG UMD 7 - UW 19.

UMD 0 - UW 0 after two. SOG UMD 16 - UW 28.

An absolute humdinger at The Burrow.

The 'Dogs need to be quicker on their sticks...getting stripped of the puck too often.

And better stickhandling needed when advancing/carrying the puck...pushing it up onto your opponent's stick usually isn't helpful. And take away time and space when they have the puck in your end instead of affording them the luxury of both.

Brykaliuk on a breakaway at 10:49 was hauled down resulting in a PP but The 'Dogs couldn't capitalize.

Schugel with a nice behind the back attempted pass as she approached the UW net.

Excellent showing by the 'Dogs so far considering that they are sans Stalder and Mrazova.

Both teams have had a couple nice chances.

Very fast game that's about even with respect to the play and a full house that's nice to see.

Comment

UMD 1 - UW 1 after regulation. SOG UMD 21 - UW 39.

Nurse at 10:43 with a wrist shot from the top of the circle that Rooney misjudged.

3 minutes later Brodt almost tied it up all alone in front but made no mistake at 5:22 beating a defender to the puck and then wrapping the puck around ARD.

'Dogs with PP for most of the last 2 minutes but couldn't close.

Going to OT.
                                Still tied after OT.

UW with PP but couldn't close. SOG UMD 22 - UW 44.

Shootout 12 shooters each...no one was caving.

Pankowski, Brykaliuk, Bourke, and Morin all successful with the first 4 shots.

Then 18 shooters couldn't net it. One great save by Rooney off Ryan.

Then Steffan for UW bags it WHILE THE GRAPHICS PERSON IS SHOWING US A PERSONAL/PROMOTIONAL VIDEO OF STEFFEN!!!!!!

Astrup was up next but no go. Two 'Dogs lost the puck off their stick nullifying those opportunities.

An absolutely blazing fast barn burner...everyone got way more than their money's worth. As advertised. Hats off to both teams.

Attendance 2273.

Can't help but wonder if only...Stalder and Mrazova.

The team stats are pretty interesting.

http://www.sidearmstats.com/wisconsin/whockey/
                                Last edited by Blackbeard; 02-11-2017, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X