X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Preseason Thread. Predict and Win Eternal Glory

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    Coach Firing/retiring: Snedden, Vermont, Quinn to NHL
    Although I've wished for a Sneddon firing on more than one occasion, there is ZERO chance this will happen. He's under contract through the 2019-20 season and UVM is not the type of school to fire a coach under contract. Heck, UVM really isn't the type of school to not renew a coaching contract. It's almost like once they're hired they have tenure.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
      Although I've wished for a Sneddon firing on more than one occasion, there is ZERO chance this will happen. He's under contract through the 2019-20 season and UVM is not the type of school to fire a coach under contract. Heck, UVM really isn't the type of school to not renew a coaching contract. It's almost like once they're hired they have tenure.
      We have a new AD... maybe things will change. Doubtful in the hiring/firing dept. but maybe...
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
        It is only through 2018. They might be willing to eat a year......but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
          It is only through 2018. They might be willing to eat a year......but I doubt it.
          Aren't you guys trying to fundraise a new BB arena? I doubt anyone wants to be paying two coaches for hockey while trying to raise money for a new gym.
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

1. Boston College
            2. Notre Dame
            3. Boston University
            4. Massachusetts - Lowell
            5. Providence
            6. Vermont
            7. Merrimack
            8. Northeastern
            9. Connecticut
            10. New Hampshire
            11. Massachusetts
            12. Maine
            Clarkson '15, Notre Dame '16

Comment

1. BU
              2. BC
              3. UML
              4. Providence
              5. Northeastern
              6. Merrimack
              7. UVM
              8. UNH
              9. UConn
              10. UMass
              11. UMaine

I know, I left someone out ... but by this time next year, it won't matter anymore anyway.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                Standings (1-11 or 12 depending on if you count Notre Dame):
                Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                1. BU
                2. BC
                3. UML
                4. Providence
                5. Northeastern
                6. Merrimack
                7. UVM
                8. UNH
                9. UConn
                10. UMass
                11. UMaine

I know, I left someone out ... but by this time next year, it won't matter anymore anyway.
                I'm not saying I have foresight, I am just saying you are very predictable :P
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                  I'm not saying I have foresight, I am just saying you are very predictable :P
                  Guilty as charged - at least on this (thankfully temporary) painful situation ...
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Things are too cordial on this thread...

Predictions :

1. BU
                    2. ND
                    3. UML
                    4. Providence
                    5. Vermont
                    6. Northeastern
                    7. BC
                    8. Merrimack
                    9. UNH
                    10. UMaine
                    11. Uconn
                    12. UMass

BU for the league and tournament Championship
                    York Retires
                    No one misses Notre Dame

Top 4 make the tourney
                    2 make the Frozen Four

Comment

• Re: Hockey East Preseason Thread. Predict and Win Eternal Glory

Northeastern should be embarrassed if they finish behind Vermont.
                      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                        Northeastern should be embarrassed if they finish behind Vermont.
                        Late season surges rarely translate into successful follow up seasons. They should be embarrassed, and I'm sure they will be.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                          Northeastern should be embarrassed
                          They would certainly be in a familiar position.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

1. Boston University
                            2. Providence
                            3. Notre Dame
                            4. Lowell
                            5. Northeastern
                            6. Boston College
                            7. Connecticut
                            8. Merrimack
                            9. New Hampshire
                            10. Vermont
                            11. Maine
                            12. Massachusetts

2-5 are ridiculously close, in my opinion. I think PC is way underrated —a full season of Walman being healthy? Watch out! — and that BC will be stronger than most think (Jerry always finds a way), but I have them at 6 simply because of the quality of the teams ahead of them. Last year's excellent, Frozen Four-caliber BC team would probably be third or fourth on this list IMO. I also do not believe BU is infallible (the Eastern Bias podcast said this week that they have a shot at going undefeated; I don't know if I buy that) but that they are still by-and-away the best in the conference.

Here's to hoping for 6 HEA and 5 ECAC bids this year!
                            Last edited by kdiff77; 09-23-2016, 11:44 AM. Reason: spelled Vermont incorrectly; stupid iPhone

Comment

I remember those UNH regular season titles hanging from our rafters...now even those are out of reach. I barely follow the program anymore, but it'll be fun to go watch a few games this year. I have heard attendance has been trending downward, so maybe it'll be easy to get some good seats. So we have the youngest Van-Riemsdyk which will add something - is he an NHL pedigree like his brothers?

Oh and glad BU managed to cherry pick the NHL draft for its entire team. This season should be about as fair as bringing a machine gun to a squirt gun fight.
                              "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                                Late season surges rarely translate into successful follow up seasons. They should be embarrassed, and I'm sure they will be.
                                "Late-season" implies like a 6-0 run, they went 21-1 at one point, that's not a surge, that's a full turnaround. Also they have a superior incoming class and more talent on the roster to begin with, so yes, if they finish behind UVM, that should be considered a failure.

Behind UML, BC, PC, BU, ND, fine, but not UVM.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X