Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East Preseason Thread. Predict and Win Eternal Glory

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    So you are counting on a mediocre sophomore goaltender to carry you again this season? That typically works out well for teams. Madigan was right in playing Witt at the beginning of the year. He earned it, but alas against quality opponents he couldn't carry the team. Enter Ruck and the weak part of the schedule... the team starts winning. Of course, you could say that was despite goaltending not because of it.

The confidence exuded by the NU fans have me even more excited for the season to start.
    Wake us up when Vermont does anything of note. Try getting past round 1 of the playoffs even. We will happily take talking to's from BC, BU, Lowell, PC fans on here with actual sustained success but man, win a few games first.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

On Sunday, January 3, 2016, Ryan Ruck's record stood at 1-9-3.
      On the same day, Northeastern's record stood at 3-12-4

Fire Derick Roy!!!

Northeastern Fandom . . . living the dream.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        On Sunday, January 3, 2016, Ryan Ruck's record stood at 1-9-3.
        On the same day, Northeastern's record stood at 3-12-4

Fire Derick Roy!!!

Northeastern Fandom . . . living the dream.
        Hmmmm.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
          His recount of history is, to be kind, fantasy. Madigan began rotating the goalies after UMN until one gave up three absolutely horrible goals - the tying one on a dump in on net - against UVM.

Ruck came in from that point on and faced, in order, BU, ND, PC, UML and BC...hardly the *weak* part of the schedule and but for two bad bounces in 3rd period v BU @ Agganis, Huskies win that game and we totally outplayed BC in both games. Ruck absolutely stoned UML in Belfast. Too bad a defenseman didn't appreciate the effort...
          Yeah...... "bad bounces" aren't excuses to justify losing a game. Get over it. You haven't beaten us (BU) in years.

Witt was gone after the 14/15 season. Please edit your babble so it at least carries a slight hint of truth.

Thanks.
          Interesting YOU of all people speak of "babble"

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
            Yeah...... "bad bounces" aren't excuses to justify losing a game. Get over it. You haven't beaten us (BU) in years.

Not saying this specifically about NU-BU matchups, but seriously, do you watch hockey? Bounces decide games all the time.
            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
              Lie much?

February of 2015 is not "years" ago...

Interesting YOU of all people speak of "babble"
              Stop giving examples of it and the observation will cease...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                On Sunday, January 3, 2016, Ryan Ruck's record stood at 1-9-3. On the same day, Northeastern's record stood at 3-12-4

Fire Derick Roy!!!
                One goalie was giving NU a chance to win games...the other wasn't.

What was Ruck's record in March of 2016?

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                  Not saying this specifically about NU-BU matchups, but seriously, do you watch hockey? Bounces decide games all the time.
                  The blueline bounce an argument could be made that the D misplayed it under pressure but the GWG started with the puck bouncing over an all alone in the slot JStevens' stick and was just an "OMG can this team get just one break?" moment...

Comment

but for two bad bounces in 3rd period v BU @ Agganis
                    If by bad bounces, you mean nice passes then sure.

https://youtu.be/2Kle-vbvxus?t=1m19s
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

If you find the internet so offensive then maybe you should find another medium to play in. I-93, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Last few years? Try last few decades if you take out the uninformed part. The fact that I am informed is why you don't like my posts. Enjoy your day.
                        I think it's more the fact that you act like a complete ****** in how you say it.. not what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          If by bad bounces, you mean nice passes then sure.

https://youtu.be/2Kle-vbvxus?t=1m19s
                          That was only two of the goals. I described the two I had referenced...

Comment

RE: 2/2014** not 2015

oh yeah. apologies. forgot about that one.

Funny that we lost than one after thrashing you the night before. Man we had only won one game in 3 months. Thanks for the win!
                            Last edited by Rhett Hot; 09-28-2016, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                              I think it's more the fact that you act like a complete ****** in how you say it.. not what you say.
                              I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

Actually, no I'm not.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                                True, but that doesn't justify going 1-11.

Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled that you guys won. I was rooting for you guys the whole weekend, and even against NoDak.

Comment

Working...
                                X