OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Keeley has gone and left us high and dry.

Comment

• Originally posted by toto238 View Post
      Anyone have any video highlights from any of the games this season so far? Any at all?
      I have put in an inquiry to management....
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

polls out # 4/5........west coast bias

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          polls out # 4/5........west coast bias
          Overstating the obvious - after this weekend we will know more than we think we know now...I remain optimistic.
          LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
            Overstating the obvious - after this weekend we will know more than we think we know now...I remain optimistic.
            North country is always a huge trip,not much hype here I guess its early in the season??? I think after the 2 tournies with some top teams like Norwich Williams Eau Claire and Utica,we will we whats what .....clearing my schedule to get some time to watch this weekend hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              North country is always a huge trip,not much hype here I guess its early in the season??? I think after the 2 tournies with some top teams like Norwich Williams Eau Claire and Utica,we will we whats what .....clearing my schedule to get some time to watch this weekend hopefully
              Well at least weather for travel here will not be an issue....temps in the 60s. Going home....Things change quickly Saturday night !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                make time for the Lady Lakers as they take on Platty Saturday and Sunday afternoons...no more moral victories, can these Lakers steal some points for the first time in a long time...(maybe ever?)
                LakerEagleLover

Comment

I honestly don't know that the Ladies have the goaltending to beat Platty. They aren't going to score more than 2 or 3 goals all weekend so they will need some outstanding performances in net to have a shot. Platty could be many D1 teams and Oz had a ton of trouble scoring against a bad Cortland team. Plus they didn't score in 3 games against Plattsburgh last year. Jacquelin White does give them a dynamic scoring threat that they didn't have last year though. I think Freshman Amber Samonek is the best of the three goalies even though Madrigal does have a game and a half against the Birds under her belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                    I honestly don't know that the Ladies have the goaltending to beat Platty. They aren't going to score more than 2 or 3 goals all weekend so they will need some outstanding performances in net to have a shot. Platty could be many D1 teams and Oz had a ton of trouble scoring against a bad Cortland team. Plus they didn't score in 3 games against Plattsburgh last year. Jacquelin White does give them a dynamic scoring threat that they didn't have last year though. I think Freshman Amber Samonek is the best of the three goalies even though Madrigal does have a game and a half against the Birds under her belt.
                    Based upon the three games I watched in person, they are much improved over the past couple years, have more speed and skill - but probably not the depth the Cardinals enjoy...yes, Plattsburgh is so far ahead of the D3 field, it may not be enough...but I am hopeful. Its why you play the games...
                    LakerEagleLover

Comment

Nice win,special teams looked pretty good, 2 5 on 3 kills and PP netted a few. Bottens goal looked like a snippppp..Zman looked good and had nice control of his rebounds..The biggest thing to me was there was no let up,60 mins of hockey....A fast start tonight may put a young Platty team on its heals,lets hope so...

Comment

New post on http://www.oswegonian.com

Laker Gameday Preview: Men’s Ice hockey @ SUNY Plattsburgh
                        by Cole Parzych
                        Room For Improvement

Both Oswego State and SUNY Plattsburgh have parts to their game that needs improving. Head coach Ed Gosek has stressed the Lakers' need to play a complete 60 minutes of high-quality hockey constantly this season.

The Cardinals barely escaped the SUNY Cortland Red Dragons(2-4-0, 1-3-0) last night in a 4-3 win on home ice. With the young team that Plattsburgh head coach Bob Emery has this season, there are sure to be bumps in the road. One of thoe bumps was blowing two leads in Friday night's game and turning the puck over in their own zone at a premium.

Grabbing a Lead

The Lakers have only allowed the first goal in a game once this season, and it was against rival SUNY Genseo, another nationally ranked opponent. Oswego State has the secondary scoring to keep up with most teams, but trying to mount a comeback on the road in a game like this is a completely different story. The first goal tonight could be the difference maker.

Special Teams

With a perfect night on the penalty kill last night against Potsdam, including two 5-on-3 attempts, the Lakers now have a 93.5 percent success rate when killing penalties. That mark is good for the best in the SUNYAC and third best in Div. III among teams with over 15 attempts.

The newly revamped Plattsburgh power play was able to muster up two goals on five tries against Cortland after scoring only three times on 21 prior attempts. If Plattsburgh has its power play clicking for the second night in a row and the Lakers continue taking too many penalties, fans at the Ronald B. Stafford Ice Arena will be in for quite a show.

In the Crease

Despite earning a shutout last night, Matt Zawadzki will backup David Jacobson for Oswego State. Jacobson is undefeated on the year with three wins and a 1.67 GAA, but has faced the likes of Elmira College, SUNY Cortland and the College at Brockport. He has been sheltered up to this point but will be thrown into the fire tonight.

Lineup Card

One surprise in tonight's lineup is not seeing Joey Davies on the third line after their stellar performance last night. There is no word on if he sustained an injury in Friday's game. Cameron Berry will center Mitch Emerson and Jody Sullivan in place of Davies. Aaaron Huffnagle will draw back in after missing three games with an lower-body injury.

JJ Hart will play his third game of the season in place of Charlie Pelnik is the only change for the defense.

OSW Lines:

Neil-Botten-Hulshof

Herlihey-Barton-Galati

Emerson-Berry-Sullivan

Huffnagle-Ferreira-Waterstreet

Defense:

Brun-Hart

Raguseo-MacMillan

Johnson-Rutkowski

Goalie:

Jacobson

Players to Watch

Lakers- David Jacobson

The transfer sophomore will get his first real test tonight against No. 8/9 Plattsburgh. He has impressed in all three games and has had to make a number of more difficult saves than Zawadzki. The Laker coaching staff was unsure about what goalie to go with last night after the game, but Gosek and his staff has decided to stick with the rotation that has worked through six games thus far.

Cardinals- Cole Stallard

The sophomore failed to find the back of the net in all three overtime wins against the Lakers last season, but he currently leads the Cardinals with three goals in four games. He will be a staple on this Cardinal team for the next couple years and is already starting emerge as a reliable forward who can put the puck in the net.

By the Numbers

Record

OSW- 6-0-0/4-0-0 (No. 4/5)

PLT- 3-1-0/2-1-0 (No. 8/9)

Goals per Game

OSW- 5.50 [2nd in SUNYAC]

PLT- 3.25 [4th in SUNYAC]

Goals Against per Game

OSW- 1.50 [2nd in SUNYAC]

PLT- 2.75 [3rd in SUNYAC]

Power Play

OSW- 9-31 (29.0%) [3rd in SUNYAC]

PLT- 5-26 (19.2%) [7th in SUNYAC]

Penalty Kill

OSW- 29-31 (93.5%) [1st in SUNYAC]

PLT- 19-23 (82.6%) [3rd in SUNYAC]

Game Prediction

This one will not end in overtime like the last three times these two teams faced. The Lakers haven't beaten the Cardinals since Dec. 5, 2014, but the Laker power play will take advantage of their chances tonight and steal a win in a hard-fought rivalry game on the road.

Kenny Neil buries a late empty net try to seal the game, finishing the 2-game trip to the North Country with four points.

Lakers win 5-3

Cole Parzych | November 19, 2016 at 6:05 pm | Tags: Cardinals, Lakers, Oswego State men's ice hockey, Plattsburgh men's ice hockey | Categories: Archives, Hockey, Port City Puck, Sports | URL: http://wp.me/p1PqPJ-6TU
                        Comment See all comments
                        Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from .
                        Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
                        http://www.oswegonian.com/2016/11/19...y-plattsburgh/
                        LakerEagleLover

Comment

Great start...still a work in progress, but you get the sense this team knows how to win and can get it done....being undefeated means nothing unless you are undefeated in March 😂
                          LakerEagleLover

Comment

wow, you can't ask for more in the first 7 games. Look for some 1st place National votes. I'm sorry but they deserve they deserve a National ranking at #1.
                            7 & 0 we have something.

Comment

38-18 advantage in shots... when is the last time Oswego put up a number like that against the Cardinals, or anyone for that matter? Only one more chance to see them at home before the holiday break... in two weeks against Mville, can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by skipperbob View Post
                                38-18 advantage in shots... when is the last time Oswego put up a number like that against the Cardinals, or anyone for that matter? Only one more chance to see them at home before the holiday break... in two weeks against Mville, can't wait.
                                You have to keep in mind a couple things.
                                1. Oswego is finally playing like the Lakers most of us thought they would have been the past 2 seasons (mostly healthy).
                                2. Plattsburgh not having Hermans on the D is a loss, but having to play Engvall against a speedy Oswego team is more of a liability than dropping to 5 D IMO. He is not fast enough for DIII. Improved over last year, but the Buff State game he was out of position on 2 of the Plattsburgh goals, Fredonia got off 3 shots in front of the net before he was able to find the puck and clear the net (he was in the **** slot and still couldn't get there in time) and again last night.
                                3. Brady would be a starter on most DIII teams, but he is NOT Spencer Finney. Spenc covered up a lot of Defensive mistakes. I would have loved to have seen Davies play last night after what I saw against Fredonia.
                                4. Penalties, Penalties, Penalties....warranted or not, they are killing Plattsburgh, both for and against. Plattsburgh for years has been a 5 on 5, roll 4 lines, and use their speed to wear teams down. When you are either on the power play and or killing a penalty you can't get in the rotation. I mean lets face it, Plattsburgh had all of 2 real power plays last night, and when it's already 1-4 it's not the same as 1-1 or 0-0. You're just not getting the same emotion.
                                5. Keeping with regards to penalties, 38th on the Penalty Kill. 45th on the Power Play. Just not going to cut it.

Sorry I know this is an Oswego thread, but while a win over Plattsburgh is always fun, I don't think it carries the same merit as say last year would have (and that's even stretching it). Plattsburgh at this point is a mid-pack SUNYAC team who will be lucky to find home ice come February.
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X