Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 627

Thread: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

  1. #61
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,825

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Yeah, main Point of Emphasis this season is Interference/Obstruction/Holding type penalties, committed by either Offensive or Defensive players in any zone, no matter how innocuous. Expect some pains as it takes a while for bad habits to be changed...

  2. #62
    We'll be back. Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom
    Posts
    36,092

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    I would expect a good majority of November games across D3 to be chocked full of special teams play. It's probably going to be messy.

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,034

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I would expect a good majority of November games across D3 to be chocked full of special teams play. It's probably going to be messy.
    For sure,goalie has to be your best penalty killer,and your second PP unit had better produce if #1 is not.

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    107

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    To be honest, I missed some of the second period, Jacobson did look good.

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,034

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by coasttocoast View Post
    To be honest, I missed some of the second period, Jacobson did look good.
    He did,I'd say half were good scoring chances with some traffic,rebounds were not to be found either.

  6. #66
    DIV III FAN
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,602

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    There is still a game tonight? Any ideas or inside information on line ups?
    2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
    2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
    2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
    2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion


    "A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet. - Paul Gallico

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,034

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by 97osu View Post
    There is still a game tonight? Any ideas or inside information on line ups?
    I would think the returners will play except for injuries,I am sure its a hard call to make as far as the rest and Zman for sure to start to night,on a short leash after the way Jake played vs CCHL,that will be a battle all seasonIMHO.Elmira is young and will be all over the ice,look for special teams to play abig factor,it would be wise to stay out of the box,the refs will call it VERY close..

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oswego NY
    Posts
    124

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Nice start to the season... freshmen looked very good, great team effort. Nice PP and PK, let's see if it carries over onto the road at Elmira so we can get a handle on expectations for this season.

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,034

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Only watched 2 periods,we looked pretty good, frshmen had a lot of energy and dmen played well,refs called a few JV,as obama would say,penalties....let up a shg,with a ton of penalties being called in d1 and d3 this may be happening more all around the division.Both frshmen dmen looked solid,Zman was there when needed,but out of place at times.Should be a closer game tonight in the Domes.

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    75

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Oswego Elmira photos are up at https://woodnstickphotos.shutterfly.com/

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oswego, New York
    Posts
    1,221

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    It was a pretty dominating performance last night. Both the PP and PK were excellent and the top two lines were really clicking well unlike in the Exhibition game. Z was very solid except for the one bad giveaway behind the net that cost him the shutout. May see Jake tonight just to give him a look in an actual game with it being an early non-conference tilt against a team that doesn't look like it's going to be a factor come NCAA time. They need to bring the same intensity tonight down at the Dome's because the Soaring Eagle's aren't going to want to start 0-2 and get embarrassed at home.

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nantucket, MA
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Laker28 View Post
    It was a pretty dominating performance last night. Both the PP and PK were excellent and the top two lines were really clicking well unlike in the Exhibition game. Z was very solid except for the one bad giveaway behind the net that cost him the shutout. May see Jake tonight just to give him a look in an actual game with it being an early non-conference tilt against a team that doesn't look like it's going to be a factor come NCAA time. They need to bring the same intensity tonight down at the Dome's because the Soaring Eagle's aren't going to want to start 0-2 and get embarrassed at home.
    +1

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,034

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by Laker28 View Post
    It was a pretty dominating performance last night. Both the PP and PK were excellent and the top two lines were really clicking well unlike in the Exhibition game. Z was very solid except for the one bad giveaway behind the net that cost him the shutout. May see Jake tonight just to give him a look in an actual game with it being an early non-conference tilt against a team that doesn't look like it's going to be a factor come NCAA time. They need to bring the same intensity tonight down at the Dome's because the Soaring Eagle's aren't going to want to start 0-2 and get embarrassed at home.
    Think we will see a closer game,yes should see Jake in the net and a few guys who didnt play last night,lets bring in the 6'5" crew.waterst dourocher and Pelnik.....lets hope the refs dont get to crzy with the whistle as well.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    350

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    If anyone is doing highlights for either game (WTOP or WNYO maybe?) please let me know where to find them. I'd love to see it. :-)

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,034

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    missed the game sat night,entertaining friends from the city,looked like a good win on paper,Neil with the hatrick,that line looks to be very dangerous..How was the netminding,3 goals,were they good goals or softies?? Looks like he changed the line-up as expected,how did Pelnik look?? Yes would love to see highlights if there are any,miss the days of next day highlights on you tube by Mike....[s this therad has been dead,any reason why??

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    107

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    The Big line is the real deal. Neil and Hulsof have not been on the same line together much since coming to Oswego, keep them together(& healthy) and you have a good Div. 1 line. Elmira could not handle them, probably most SUNYAC teams won't be able to handle them. If you keep them together the questions becomes can the other lines do enough? It will probably depend on the impact Hufnagle, Sullivan make. Sullivan has looked good taking Herlihey's minutes. If Herlihey comes back, that could help as well. We really won't know what we have until the Genesso game Saturday night. Start 4-0 and we may have something.

  17. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oswego, New York
    Posts
    1,221

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Big weekend coming up here for the boy's. Opening weekend of SUNYAC play and two tough games. Brockport lost some great players but they have been trending up the last few years and they can be very tough at home. In addition there is the potential to overlook the Eagle's and ahead to the Knight's with them being the defending conference champs and returning a ton. Starting the SUNYAC season 2-0 would be a huge confidence boost for this group.

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,034

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by Laker28 View Post
    Big weekend coming up here for the boy's. Opening weekend of SUNYAC play and two tough games. Brockport lost some great players but they have been trending up the last few years and they can be very tough at home. In addition there is the potential to overlook the Eagle's and ahead to the Knight's with them being the defending conference champs and returning a ton. Starting the SUNYAC season 2-0 would be a huge confidence boost for this group.
    Nice weekend coming up yes Bport has been tough as of late,they did lose some scoring and dmen,should be a close game...As for Genny it will be a big test for our defense,they are talented on the offensethey also have a goalie that has been lights out so far,but I think we may be able to crack him,again staying out of the sin bin will be big with there talent up front.Besides injuries,the line-up sat night will be Coach G's top guys at this point of the season,that will be a interesting line-up to see....On the refs calling penalties,last ngiht there were 2 games that had 21 minor penalties called and a few majors,the refs have their orders and when it comes to game like Genny sat night with a ton of emotion,S**T happens,we have to stay cool,and with 12 seniors I would hope we have the experience/keeping our cool advantage.
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-04-2016 at 09:57 AM.

  19. #79
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,034

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    zGood win vs Bport,Jake got the start,didnt expect that played well when needed,great glove save in the 3rd,soft goal off the faceoff,not sure if screened or deflected??? Besides the Hulsof goal with 3 seconds left,nice to see others putting up the goals,Huff,sully rags and waterst..........PP has to produce nuff said,Geneseo was 4 for 8 last night vs Cortland on the PP.We blocked more shots than I can remember last night,and added dimension.Should be a great game tonight at the CC,stay out of the box and finish our chances...Where did everybody go,besides Homecoming thread has been silent????????????

  20. #80
    DIV III FAN
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,602

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    zGood win vs Bport,Jake got the start,didnt expect that played well when needed,great glove save in the 3rd,soft goal off the faceoff,not sure if screened or deflected??? Besides the Hulsof goal with 3 seconds left,nice to see others putting up the goals,Huff,sully rags and waterst..........PP has to produce nuff said,Geneseo was 4 for 8 last night vs Cortland on the PP.We blocked more shots than I can remember last night,and added dimension.Should be a great game tonight at the CC,stay out of the box and finish our chances...Where did everybody go,besides Homecoming thread has been silent????????????
    Laker Nation may be worried? I thought the 5 goals in the first conference game was a big start, then Genny hangs 11 in their first

    This could be interesting & looking forward to it
    2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
    2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
    2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
    2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion


    "A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet. - Paul Gallico

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •