OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    Any word if the Oswego feed will be picked up by Spectrum (TWC)?
    For some reason they have not been dialed in this year to pick up Laker games and offer expanded distribution as they did in the past. Maybe they will surprise us.
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
      Why didn't more Oswego fans buy their tickets online instead of waiting in line?
      I bought online. Psi Phi Gamma is having an Alumni weekend starting about 3 hours ago, I'm one of the Sports Commissioners for the Fraternity. I jumped on 20 tickets as fast as I could online, and they ended up being spread around Section 52. I tried calling and all I got was voicemail. I also got 4 standing room tickets later in the day, and the Actives are supposed to be well represented in the student section. As I messed around on the online site I saw tickets I'd considered disappear so I bought what I could. We'll see you all there Saturday!

(long time lurker, finally got a login today)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Maj View Post
        I bought online. Psi Phi Gamma is having an Alumni weekend starting about 3 hours ago, I'm one of the Sports Commissioners for the Fraternity. I jumped on 20 tickets as fast as I could online, and they ended up being spread around Section 52. I tried calling and all I got was voicemail. I also got 4 standing room tickets later in the day, and the Actives are supposed to be well represented in the student section. As I messed around on the online site I saw tickets I'd considered disappear so I bought what I could. We'll see you all there Saturday!

(long time lurker, finally got a login today)
        Welcome, nice time to join as most of the threads are jumping ...Lets Go Lakers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          Drafty - I think you're gonna have to settle for the radio - game is at Williamstown, MA - don't think the TV boys are gonna make that one...unless the locals put on a video show... http://www.wnyo889.org
          just checked the Oz site looks like the game,B-Ball will b e on the computer,I changed my schedule around and now have to take the daughter to gymnastics after my workout,ugh some things dont workout....maybe ill catch the end ...

Comment

R-E-S-P-E-C-T http://www.oswegonian.com/2017/03/03...mpetitiveness/
            LakerEagleLover

Comment

Get up....it's GAMEDAY!

Comment

Congrats to Plattsburgh on clawing back and winning the SUNYAC in style - just had a feeling after the first period that things were not going to bounce the Lakers way. That's the Cardinal specialty, and there were far too many PP's wasted and pipes rang by Oz. A sloppy 3rd indeed. I see Emery changed his earpiece to black for this match... it's the little things, right?

The price for losing the last game that the Lakers could possibly lose in their NCAA bid campaign will probably be a trip to Adrian (maybe), after (maybe) hosting Hobart next week. Credit to the Statesmen for winning their conference. Now its scoreboard watching time for the rest.

Edit: Then again... Adrian just lost to SNC, so maybe Oz may host Adrian/Hobart with a bye yet? Interesting...
                Last edited by Laker Ranger; 03-04-2017, 08:25 PM. Reason: Bulldogs went to the doghouse
                "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                this is for you."
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Pretty disappointing game to watch, we came out trying to do too much, not just playing the game. Lots of missed passes /chances, too many penalties, too many pipes hit and 0 lucky bounces. Plattsburgh as always acquires a lucky bounce their way on Goal 3. Our defense struggled to stop their line rushes and we simply had a hard time even breaking into their zone with our setup pass around snipe play. When we were on the power play we had too few shots and turned it over a lot. DAVIES had a beautiful breakaway chance and flubbed it, water Street had a wide open net and didn't get his stock down to stop the puck watched it slide right under it. Overall was not a good showing, and Plattsburgh brought their A game as always.

No clue how Brockport scored 8 goals on them.

Comment

To bad not our best effort, but what a great turn around for the Birds, They deserve to be Champs. Well, let's pretend it's 2007, we will get in, I'm pretty sure we will host next week, maybe still a chance to host a quarter final. It's not over yet, and I really think we can play with anyone in the Country, we are no longer favourites, it's better to be the underdog. Go Lakers

Comment

Cardinals earned it...5 pipes give or take...1 for 6 on the power play...not gonna win many that way. Wait for Monday and hope to live to play again...the seedlings will be most interesting after tonight.
                      LakerEagleLover

Comment

Wait for Monday and hope to live to play again...the seedlings will be most interesting after tonight.
                        So long as Endicott (good on them for taking their conference in style) is the only team that leaps Oz for seeding, I'm optimistic that the Lakers may get that bye after all. Is there a significant chance that Hobart and/or Hamilton could get a better spot with their wins?
                        "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                        this is for you."
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

FYI the entire WTOP10 broadcast can be found and replayed on WTOP10's Facebook page. If you have Apple TV or similar device and download the recently released Facebook Live app, you can access WTOP10's live shows and archived videos.
                          LakerEagleLover

Comment

FYI the entire WTOP10 broadcast can be found and replayed on WTOP10's Facebook page. If you have Apple TV or similar device and download the recently released Facebook Live app, you can access WTOP10's live shows and archived videos.
                            My post from the Plattsburgh thread:

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            Thanks Lou! And thanks to Oswego for a great broadcast I'm sure. Will have to watch it!
                            No doubt that Oswego has the most professional quality collegiately produced sports media program going. NO ONE even comes close!

Though one of the announcers (Jackson Berner) during the "Gold Rush" SUNYAC Championship sounded so much like Kris Kelly of the Fighting Kelly's on Bering Sea Gold, that I found it distracting

Watch the interview (Link Above) with Bob Emery (at ~5:50) call the game "a lot of factors that decide who is going to win the game and who doesn't, the bounce of the puck here or there, but I think it is going to come down to the team that sacrifices the most, the team that blocks the most shots and probably the team that gets the best goal tending"
                            Larry Normandin
                            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

A lot of good observations as far as the game goes we missed many many chances breakaways,and dont remember any team hitting that many posts in 1 game,not to mention some basic hockey mistakes made IFO the net...Rouleu also stoned us several times as well,nice job by him...Both teams PP looked horrible until the end of the game..WE did not score an even up goal last night...We looked a step off, or Platty made us a step off?? What a rebound by Platty,suck first half now a SUNYAC title Congrats to them they beat us when and where it counts..We need to have some secondary scoring step up...I'm not sure what happens going forward but its another chance for the seniors and they earned it with a great FULL season of hockey,now lets go and gets whats ours....Lets go Lakers....ps great crowd and TOP nice job,although the stream,or mine was jumpy.....last item we need way more traffic IFO the goalie,Rouleu had a nice look at most shots,those that were not blocked,platty seemed to block a lot of shots last night
                              Last edited by bakdraft21; 03-05-2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

At least Hamilton's threat for superior seeding has been blunted if the Bulldogs/Lakers/Statesmen pod is not a reality.

So for Oz vs Hobart, I see edges to the Lakers for Win% and Common Opponents (3-1-1, .700 for UC, Naz, and Genny versus 4-2-0, .667).
                                Ranked Opponents would come to if Babson/NEC/Williams rank in the East and UWEC hangs on in the West - any could tip the balance in favor of Hobart or Oswego. Currently, Oz accounts for Utica and Platty for sure at 2-2-0, and Hobart with Utica and Trinity at 1-2-1.
                                No H2H that can be used, so that leaves SOS... does someone has a bead on that?

Secondary criterion doesn't get much better. With no D-II opponents for either club, the L25 goes in Hobart's favor by a single tie: 5-1-1 vs 5-2-0.

All speculation from here? These clubs look quite close.
                                this is for you."

Comment

Working...
                                X