OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Interesting looking at the top 15 ranked teams, only 3 lost a game this weekend. Genny at #10 lost to Platty. #13 Colby lost and #14 Buff State lost to #2 ranked Oswego.
    A few more are going to lose games this next week as many ranked opponents are going to be facing each other.

Comment

Originally posted by toto238 View Post
      Interesting looking at the top 15 ranked teams, only 3 lost a game this weekend. Genny at #10 lost to Platty. #13 Colby lost and #14 Buff State lost to #2 ranked Oswego.
      A few more are going to lose games this next week as many ranked opponents are going to be facing each other.
      Those "poll" rankings mean nothing. The NCAA regional rankings are what you should be concerned with at this point in the season.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        Those "poll" rankings mean nothing. The NCAA regional rankings are what you should be concerned with at this point in the season.
        That depends on what question you are trying to answer. If the question is "who will get bids to the NCAA playoffs?" Then yes you are correct.

But if the question is "Who are the best 15 teams in the country right now?" Then I think we would all agree that the NCAA rankings aren't great at telling that.

Comment

If ZMan gets the start sat it will be his first game vs Platty this year,just a FYI...

Comment

• Originally posted by toto238 View Post
            That depends on what question you are trying to answer. If the question is "who will get bids to the NCAA playoffs?" Then yes you are correct.

But if the question is "Who are the best 15 teams in the country right now?" Then I think we would all agree that the NCAA rankings aren't great at telling that.
            I know what you are trying to say...but...if that is the truth...why is Geneseo ranked ahead of Plattsburgh? PLATTSBURGH has beat them twice in 8 days?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

OK let's get this started......enough of the tourney talk, we got a game to play! This Saturday let's sell this ***** out with every student and townie with 8 bucks in their pocket, pack the rink, wear the yellow jersey, or skate naked I don't care. Get loud and stay loud, hit em high, hit em low, score about a dozen bagels and send that Red Army menace back to where they came from. GO LAKERS. Go and buy your ticket!

Comment

• Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                OK let's get this started......enough of the tourney talk, we got a game to play! This Saturday let's sell this ***** out with every student and townie with 8 bucks in their pocket, pack the rink, wear the yellow jersey, or skate naked I don't care. Get loud and stay loud, hit em high, hit em low, score about a dozen bagels and send that Red Army menace back to where they came from. GO LAKERS. Go and buy your ticket!
                You bet! Wearing our red. Oops! Wrong thread. LOL 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                  #OzBlackOut is trending on Twitter, Crowd to wear black, we've already had a white out.

Comment

I seem to recall past SUNYAC championships at the CC against Platty being dubbed Whiteout Part II. White, black, yellow, a lot of colors all around. I'm partial to the yellow though - if this is the last chance a bloody splendid 3rd jersey, I'm game.

Lakers are 2-0 on revenge opportunities in rematches against teams that inflicted earlier losses. Opportunity #3 is Saturday, and with Willliams being a stretch for NCAA contention, one simply cannot let this last chance slip away. Plattsburgh is riding high and hunting for that bid with a win, and they've been a freaking juggernaut this calendar year - a real credit to that mad coach with the ivory white earpiece.

My laud dies there though - time to defend the house and become the immovable object. These guys need a celebration on home ice before sailing the show to Utica. BEAT THE DIRTY LITTLE RED BIRDS.
                    "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                    this is for you."
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Well if you're still looking for tickets......good luck, I was in the line this morning when they went on sale at 10 to buy an additional 5 tickets to go along with my Seasons I already bought on Sunday. By 1030 they were selling standing room only and had random singles throughout the rink, I in a panic heard that very few were left at 1020 from back in the line and bought my 5 in/around my season seats. At 1050 I made it to the window to ask them if they could print my online purchase out for me, at that point there were zero single seats left and standing only. Probably another 75-100 in line still at this point. This is going to be one packed house!

I may have a line on a couple seats, if anyone is looking and could not acquire let me know.

Comment

also the Blackout has been cancelled, who asked for yellow? I agree on this being the jerseys they wear, and it looks like thats what we're going to get!

Comment

Nice to see such GREAT support.Ill have to watch it on the computer,with I am sure my daughters friends making a big racket in the background...I would love to see the Laker nation do the "Lets go Lakers " chant more than 2x when they do it,maybe 5 or 6x.....Platty will come in jacked up as the underdog,and getting to Roulue will be key,if we rattle him early it could be lights out,hope to hear the "It's all your fault " chant early and often,if not this will be a tight one..If no Brun I think we see Rutkowski as Platty is not a big team otherwise we may have seen Hart,as if no Botten probably Scorpio or Sneath,again plattys not a big team.....

Comment

If no Brun I think we see Rutkowski as Platty is not a big team otherwise we may have seen Hart,as if no Botten probably Scorpio or Sneath,again plattys not a big team.....[/QUOTE]

I think you are right on with Rutkowski or Hart.
                            I'm leaning towards Zizek if they need someone to play Center, I think he was a Center his Jr. A career. smart player as well. Nothing against Scorp or Sneath, just like Zizek a little better in that spot. I believe I heard Sneath was hurt, maybe he is fine now.

Comment

Dont think you can go wrong with either of them they both huslte and can put up some offense as well,likem both

Comment

Mens basketball is in the NCAA's first game 5;30 friday on TOP

Comment

Working...
                                X