OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    BUT...if those 3/4 "wins" were against D3 opponents the gap would be wider, especially if they were ranked opponents. It would also increase their SOS. Yes, losses against D3 teams would lower the winning percentage, but SOS and rank would probably still be higher. Not too many like the process, including me....but it is what it is and it is better than it was even 5 years ago.
    Then they would be undeniably the #1 and that would be just fine as they would've played equivalent schedules of D3 competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
      Then they would be undeniably the #1 and that would be just fine as they would've played equivalent schedules of D3 competition.
      I don't think it really matters that they played D2 opponents who also play a d3 schedule. The criteria only looks at D3 games. Do you really think if they played 4 more games they would have lost 3 of them? I find that highly unlikely. I agree with the rankings and Oswego being second.
      http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
        IMO we should be #1, have played more games against D3 competition and have won 3 more of them, what if Norwich played another 4 games against quality competition, would they still look so unscathed.
        Next year it won't be an issue. The Division II teams are out. the NEHC/ECAC East teams have been burned plenty of times by not having those 2-4 games against the D-II's count for their winning percentage and SOS (in Saint Anselm's case).
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
          I don't think it really matters that they played D2 opponents who also play a d3 schedule. The criteria only looks at D3 games. Do you really think if they played 4 more games they would have lost 3 of them? I find that highly unlikely. I agree with the rankings and Oswego being second.
          Would they have lost all of them, I don't think so, would they have won them all? I also don't think so, they skated by enough games and did not look overwhelming that many times through their season. What I'm going after is there was plenty of room for error, and next year their conference will be corrected with its additions to allow that error to show up.

Comment

Back from Calf. and looks like the boys played 2 nice games last weekend, I guess we will get ready for a game sat night,dont think it matters who we play,its playoff time and if ya cant get up for this then its over.Will be interesting to see the line-up sat night,and as always the netminding will be key no matter who gets the nod.Time for the seniors to take it to another level,I think the coaches will have them ready,poise and stay out of the box,suck it up its playoff time.

Comment

I hope Genny won't be TOO tired after their second bus trip up to Lake Champlain in a week.
              Oswego State 1980 Grad
              (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                I hope Genny won't be TOO tired after their second bus trip up to Lake Champlain in a week.
                Did they take a joy ride I missed?
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                  I second what Remy said... what?
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                  SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                  ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                  NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                  NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                  NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                  NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    Perhaps their offense went up there and didn't realize they had a home game?

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      Went Hunting for Champy??

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                        IMO we should be #1, have played more games against D3 competition and have won 3 more of them, what if Norwich played another 4 games against quality competition, would they still look so unscathed.
                        17-18 Drop Daniel Webster replace with Hobart
                        18-19 Replace St. As and St. Mikes with Johnson & Wales and Suffolk.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                          they played Platty at home last week.

Comment

CORTLAND, N.Y. - The State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) has announced its annual men's ice hockey individual awards, as well as its All-Conference teams. As conference foes battle it out in this year's playoffs, the SUNYAC wishes to recognize the Herb Hammond Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Goaltender of the Year and Rookie of the Year.

For the second consecutive year, Geneseo's Stephen Collins is the recipient of the Herb Hammond Player of the Year award. The senior forward currently leads the 10th ranked Knights with 48 points in 26 games with a tallied 19 goals and a team high 29 assists, which also ranks him second in the nation and first in the SUNYAC. At the conclusion of the regular season, Collins ranked first in points, fourth in goals, and second in assists within the SUNYAC. The Pittsford, N.Y. native has also been appointed SUNYAC Ice Hockey First Team All-Conference honors for his outstanding senior campaign and helping to lead the Knights to a third place finish in the conference after regular season play.

The SUNYAC awards Stephen Johnson of Oswego with the 2017 Defensive Player of the Year. The senior defenseman racked up 30 points for the Lakers, with a combined 23 assists, which currently is a conference high for defensemen and sits him at 14th in the nation of all Division III skaters. Additionally, Johnson is third in points and assists for the Lakers who are ranked second in Division III. The Lakers finished first in the conference after regular season play and will face Buffalo State in the semifinals on Saturday.

Buffalo State's Mike DeLaVergne, who is no stranger to postseason accolades, has been awarded the 2017 SUNYAC Goaltender of the Year. DeLaVergne has also been voted to the First Team All-Conference team for his performance in net for the second consecutive year. The senior goaltender, hailing from Pawling, N.Y., recorded a 16-6-1 regular season performance, with an overall .931 save percentage and 1.92 goals against average. DeLaVergne helped lead his team to a fourth place finish going into the SUNYAC Championships.

Geneseo's Conlan Keenan has been awarded the 2017 Rookie of the Year, after an outstanding first year competing in the SUNYAC. The first year forward tallied a combined 21 goals and 12 assists in 25 games, earning a total 33 points during the 2016-2017 regular season campaign. The Penfield, N.Y. native didn't take long to showcase his bright future, as he recorded his first career hat-trick in an early season matchup against Cortland. Currently, Keenan ranks third in Division III men's ice hockey with a .84 goals per game percentage. The Knights will face Plattsburgh, Saturday in the SUNYAC semifinals.

2017 SUNYAC Ice Hockey Bracket

2016-17 SUNYAC Ice Hockey All-Conference Teams (Click here for PDF)

First Team
                            Name School Position Year Hometown
                            Stephen Collins Geneseo F Sr. Pittsford, N.Y.
                            Shawn Hulshof Oswego F Sr. Stouffville, Ont.
                            Kenny Neil Oswego F Sr. Clarenville, N.L.
                            Stephen Johnson Oswego D Sr. Mississauga, Ont.
                            Ayrton Valente Plattsburgh D Jr. Woodbridge, Ont.
                            Mike DeLaVergne Buffalo State G Sr. Pawling, N.Y.

Second Team
                            Conlan Keenan Geneseo F Fr. Penfield, N.Y.
                            Jordan Carvalho Morrisville F Sr. Brampton, Ont.
                            Joseph Santino Morrisville F Sr. Woodbridge, Ont.
                            Brody Power Buffalo State D Jr. Toronto, Ont.
                            Derek Stahl Geneseo D Sr. Londonderry, N.H.
                            Matt Zawadzki Oswego G Sr. Fort Mill, S.C.

Third Team
                            Tim Kielich Brockport F So. East Aurora, N.Y.
                            Darren McCormick Cortland F Jr. Buffalo, N.Y.
                            Samuel Wilbur Fredonia F Jr. Saginaw, Mich.
                            Cole Stallard Plattsburgh F So. Waleska, Ga.
                            Chris Raguseo Oswego D Sr. Pickering, Ont.
                            Philip Middleton Plattsburgh D Fr. Vail, Colo.
                            Eric Bogart Fredonia G So. London, Ont.

Herb Hammond Player of the Year Stephen Collins, Geneseo
                            Defensive Player of the Year Stephen Johnson, Oswego
                            Goaltender of the Year Mike DeLavergne, Buffalo State
                            Rookie of the Year
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              they played Platty at home last week.
                              I'm getting too used to this fake news stuff....
                              Oswego State 1980 Grad
                              (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

• Geneseo's Conlan Keenan has been awarded the 2017 Rookie of the Year, after an outstanding first year competing in the SUNYAC. The first year forward tallied a combined 21 goals and 12 assists in 25 games, earning a total 33 points during the 2016-2017 regular season campaign. The Penfield, N.Y. native didn't take long to showcase his bright future, as he recorded his first career hat-trick in an early season matchup against Cortland. Currently, Keenan ranks third in Division III men's ice hockey with a .84 goals per game percentage. The Knights will face Plattsburgh, Saturday in the SUNYAC semifinals.

Penfield kid, my hometown several lifetimes ago

Comment

Working...
                                X