Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
    Final 6-1, complete domination by the Lakers all night. Probably Z is a little sore. Was an outstanding team effort game, took a lot of penalties and played awesome defense.
    Christmas on a cracker, those penalties made for a long game. Hope Z will be good to go for the next match - it was good to see him in net again... perhaps because he stayed in the net?

Thank you seniors! And big kudos to Captain Neil, the 4 goal king!
    "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
    this is for you."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

The defense and PK was great tonight... the whole team looked ready to roll into the post season. Consistantly beat Bengals to loose pucks and only made a few weak passes. Great to see Z back...

Comment

They not only beat Buffalo State on the scoreboard but they beat them up physically. There were a ton of huge hits by the Laker's last night and they pounded the Bengal's along the boards all night. It sucked to see Z get scored on after his crazy save on the redirection for their only goal. The fact that they were two feet offsides on the zone entry made it even worse. Overall that was the kind of momentum building win you like to see going into the playoffs. Hopefully they can keep it up and ride the wave all the way to the end.

Comment

Fun night at the Rink. Z will be fine, mild soreness, took him out for pre-caution. Z looked very good.
          The Buffalo goalie appears to have lossed some of his magic in the second half of the season, good news for us, not so for Buffalo.
          Campbell needs to learn to play a little softer in Div3, or he will continue to take penalties. Hart played his "heart" out again last night, played well but he took to many penalties.
          I was surprised to see Brun out, I noticed Brun struggled a little bit White out weekend, I suspect he was just trying a little to hard, his family was here from Sweden.
          Wonderful night for the seniors and especially Kenny, his whole family was here to see that awesome 4 goal game.
          20 wins before the playoffs, is that a team record. Go Lakers!

Comment

If they continue to play like they did last night they can go deep into the tourney. Exceptional. That powerplay near the end of the second period was just about the best powerplay execution I've EVER seen from a Lakers team- tic-tack-tic-tack-tic-tack: POW- capped off by a Kenny Ka-blamo!

I'm pretty sure they had this date circled on their calendars since about, oh, December 11th- and it showed. We were at the game in Buffalo and it was like someone had slipped something in their Gatoraid jug- they were just out of it the entire game.

Ancient history now boys- roll on!
            Oswego State 1980 Grad
            (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

An email went out this am to Season Ticket holders with information about purchasing your Playoff tickets. Here it is...

Tickets are $8 each.

Blueline Club members and season ticket holders can start to purchase their seats on Monday morning, February 20 at 10:00 am. We are asking for your convenience in an attempt to cut down on your phone wait time:

Last names beginning with A-K please call between 10:00 am-1:00pm and
              last names beginning with L-Z call between 1:00pm-5:00pm.

You can also purchase your tickets at our walk up locations starting at 10:00am on Monday.

On Tuesday, February 21 at 10:00am any season tickets not purchased will be opened up to the general public both by phone and online.
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                20 wins before the playoffs, is that a team record.
                No. They have done it at least 5 times now under Gosek including the NC year in 2007. I'm sure they did it a few times back in the 80's as well but that was before my time. In 2009-10 they won 23 games prior to the playoffs. That's the most I remember seeing since I have been going.

Comment

Posted Weekend Photos Fredonia and Buffalo State

https://woodnstickphotos.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Lakers move up to #2 in latest NCAA East Rankings. http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/icehock...gional-ranking
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

IMO we should be #1, have played more games against D3 competition and have won 3 more of them, what if Norwich played another 4 games against quality competition, would they still look so unscathed.

Comment

IMO we should be #1, have played more games against D3 competition and have won 3 more of them, what if Norwich played another 4 games against quality competition, would they still look so unscathed.
                        Hey Reb, welcome aboard....but you need to read back on the posts to understand the process. The NCAA rankings have criteria that place the teams in the rankings. These sheets are available at NCAA.com on the bottom of the ranking page. If you are talking about the polls (USCHO & D3Hockey)...they mean nothing !. As far as Norwich, in their defense, this is the last year they will be playing these D2 teams. Up until now they were members of their conference and playing these teams actually hurts their NCAA ranking, it does not help it. Those games do not count in the primary criteria. It will take some time, but you will learn soon. Pay close attention to many of your Oz posters, they are some of the best and most schooled posters on the forum. They are great fans and are highly respected by many, including us Plattsburgh fans.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Reading up on The Study of Brackets on the other site, it is becoming brutally apparent that Oz will be playing Adrian for a ticket to The Aud, #2 or #3 seed be dammed. The Flying Rats are getting excellent treatment by virtue of geography, no matter their potential seed at this point, while the Lakers have to hold position to ensure they don't actually have to go to Michigan following a play-in. With 4 teams that include the Bulldogs, Oz will be a "west" team in the brackets almost every time. Maybe if both Genny and Hobart were on the plain, it would have been possible to avoid, but that's not desirable to the Lakers at this point.
                          -ceasing grousing; the Lakers are playing good hockey after all-

Rebel, I would agree with you as a fan, but Oz failed to make the appointment at Norwich earlier in the season. That was the chance to take a big H2H, but it didn't go, and instead those two losses loom in keeping Norwich up top...... but who knows? Maybe Oswego running a gauntlet in the West would make the trip to Utica all the sweeter - it will be tougher, but this club does seem to enjoy gauntlets. If the Lakers and Cadets both keep to their appointments this time, perhaps they could get that big game after all.
                          "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                          this is for you."
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            Hey Reb, welcome aboard....but you need to read back on the posts to understand the process. The NCAA rankings have criteria that place the teams in the rankings. These sheets are available at NCAA.com on the bottom of the ranking page. If you are talking about the polls (USCHO & D3Hockey)...they mean nothing !. As far as Norwich, in their defense, this is the last year they will be playing these D2 teams. Up until now they were members of their conference and playing these teams actually hurts their NCAA ranking, it does not help it. Those games do not count in the primary criteria. It will take some time, but you will learn soon. Pay close attention to many of your Oz posters, they are some of the best and most schooled posters on the forum. They are great fans and are highly respected by many, including us Plattsburgh fans.
                            I understand the process, I simply dislike the process. There's no arguing over how they come up with the rankings.

However seeing that they don't play an equivalent schedule (25 D3 regular season), and under primary computations the equation gives them an upper hand due to it, if they had another 3 losses/ties what's that figure, and when you go to secondary full schedule their number is inflated by playing 4 games against inferior openents.
                            Last edited by OZrebel; 02-21-2017, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I understand the process, I simply dislike the process. There's no arguing over how they come up with the rankings.

However seeing that they don't play an equivalent schedule (25 D3 regular season), and under primary computations the equation gives them an upper hand due to it, if they had another 3 losses/ties what's that figure, and when you go to secondary full schedule their number is inflated by playing 4 games against inferior openents.
                              BUT...if those 3/4 "wins" were against D3 opponents the gap would be wider, especially if they were ranked opponents. It would also increase their SOS. Yes, losses against D3 teams would lower the winning percentage, but SOS and rank would probably still be higher. Not too many like the process, including me....but it is what it is and it is better than it was even 5 years ago.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

For what its worth, St.A's has a better KRACH rank than Elmira (x2), Canton (x2), Morrisville (x2) and Potsdam (x2) and St. Mikes isn't that far off from said schools as well. That's 8 games against inferior opponents than what Norwich had. (Did I just defend Norwich *puke*)

Here is a scenario for you. I say Hobart is #1. Joe says Williams is #1. Bob says Endicott is #1. Who's #1? You have to have a way to compare teams based on different criteria. Norwich beats Oswego on criteria. Their SOS is a fractional .07 difference. Common Opponents Norwich is 3-0-0, Oswego is 2-3. Had they not gone 0-2 in Norwich and then loss to Plattsburgh a couple weeks ago, by far Oswego would be #1....they didn't....and therefore they're not....

It's not perfect, but it sure beats a group of 12 people (most of whom never even watched an NCAA Hockey game) sit around a desk and simply look at a list of win % and come up with a list. The rules are there, the criteria is there, the process is allllllll there no matter what Fish tries to say. This is exactly why Endicott is where they are. I may not agree with it, but the numbers are there to support it. The eye test might show something different, but the numbers are all there in favor of Endicott just as they are for Norwich ahead of Oswego. Do I think Norwich is "better" than Oswego? Nope.
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X