OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Win baby win..........it always takes care of ranking when ya win..........OK booked room at Hampton inn on North Genesee St in Utica ,looks nice with a indoor pool for the kids,about 400 for the 2 nights,hope we get to use the reservation....Go Lakers..

Comment

The looking up at Endicott is what does not make sense....Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
        The looking up at Endicott is what does not make sense....Not at all.
        It does. Oswego's .004 advantage in Win % is far less than Endicotts .033 advantage in SoS. You can not look at RNK yet, and there is no common opponents and no head to head. A .033 difference in SoS is HUGE. That is pretty much like a .200 advantage or so in Win % over the years.

Now having said that, anyone who thinks Endicott has played a tougher schedule than Oswego needs their head examined, but that is what the numbers show, and that is what the committee goes by. Endicott has simply played a lot of games against (I can't figure out what word to use without offending anyone so insert your own) teams. Those teams have played most of their games against other (insert word again here) teams from another (insert word here again) conference. When you play a bunch of games against teams who are .650 - .750 because they've played a bunch of (insert word again) teams....that's as far as the NCAA goes when computing SoS. Just as I posted in the other thread, Endicott goes from 2nd overall in the East Region in regards to SOS rank, to dead last (way dead last) in the East Region using KRACH SoS rank.

I don't recall such a disparity in the numbers this bad. This is exactly what happens when you have multi conferences built of mediocre hockey teams and that's all you schedule. We were severely critical of Adrian back in 2008-2009 for their SoS. They were a 1 loss team who did not get an at-large bid because of their SoS which is very similar to that of what Endicott has now. It's really almost embarrassing, but those are the numbers and the committee went by the numbers which is all we ask. Right or wrong, it is the way it shows.
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

thanks for the explanation. I suspect we will need at least 21 wins to get into NCAA tourney, if we don't win the SUNYAC. Lose one this weekend and lose in SUNYAC final... it will be hard for us to get in. I think Plattsburgh suffered the same fate last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            It does. Oswego's .004 advantage in Win % is far less than Endicotts .033 advantage in SoS. You can not look at RNK yet, and there is no common opponents and no head to head. A .033 difference in SoS is HUGE. That is pretty much like a .200 advantage or so in Win % over the years.

Now having said that, anyone who thinks Endicott has played a tougher schedule than Oswego needs their head examined, but that is what the numbers show, and that is what the committee goes by. Endicott has simply played a lot of games against (I can't figure out what word to use without offending anyone so insert your own) teams. Those teams have played most of their games against other (insert word again here) teams from another (insert word here again) conference. When you play a bunch of games against teams who are .650 - .750 because they've played a bunch of (insert word again) teams....that's as far as the NCAA goes when computing SoS. Just as I posted in the other thread, Endicott goes from 2nd overall in the East Region in regards to SOS rank, to dead last (way dead last) in the East Region using KRACH SoS rank.

I don't recall such a disparity in the numbers this bad. This is exactly what happens when you have multi conferences built of mediocre hockey teams and that's all you schedule. We were severely critical of Adrian back in 2008-2009 for their SoS. They were a 1 loss team who did not get an at-large bid because of their SoS which is very similar to that of what Endicott has now. It's really almost embarrassing, but those are the numbers and the committee went by the numbers which is all we ask. Right or wrong, it is the way it shows.
            Mediocre is that word I believe. I'm in agreement per what the numbers show it makes sense. But how could their sos possibly be that high, is where it doea not make as much sense. Hope to see some changes next week.

And for the love of god if we get sent to Adrian again that will be ridiculous, no one can go to the game since they play in the equivalent of a middle school gym.

Comment

cupcake is the word..not to mention that every game in the Yac takes its toll over the course of the season,and a team like Endicott may be feeling a lot better come this time of year as far as injuries goes....I also think Oswego had a great schedule this year.
              Last edited by bakdraft21; 02-15-2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Well we will find out how good Endicott is soon as they have the meat of their schedule coming up vs.always tough and perennial powerhouses western New England,Becker and Suffolk

Comment

I have a few words for everyone, Z is going to be back, we may not see him Saturday depending on how Friday goes. But that's the press release folks, he will be cleared to go.
                  Last edited by OZrebel; 02-15-2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    Well we will find out how good Endicott is soon as they have the meat of their schedule coming up vs.always tough and perennial powerhouses western New England,Becker and Suffolk
                    Sad part is, a ton of our SUNYAC teams are in the bottom third in win % and a few of Oswegos NC opponents are as well. The difference is, those teams actually played against good competition and loss...while the teams you mentioned have not... but NCAA doesn't care.
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      Sad part is, a ton of our SUNYAC teams are in the bottom third in win % and a few of Oswegos NC opponents are as well. The difference is, those teams actually played against good competition and loss...while the teams you mentioned have not... but NCAA doesn't care.
                      There is, of course, one way out of the morass. Just win your conference tournament.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        There is, of course, one way out of the morass. Just win your conference tournament.
                        yes but then there would be no batter on the threads...win and your in , even I can figure that out.

Comment

Off to Calf. for a week will not be able to watch games,family obligations, hope to read some good re-caps..Go Lakers

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

Just wait until next week's rankings come out. They will then include a .700 vs .500 (as of today) Oswego advantage in RNK which cannot be changed by any of the results for either team between now and then.
                            Endicott has its final three games between Thursday and Monday. In the event that both teams win out Endicott finishes with a WIN% of .840, and Oswego ends at .820. Best to win the SUNYAC tournament as Prof points out.
                            The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by peddler View Post
                              Just wait until next week's rankings come out. They will then include a .700 vs .500 (as of today) Oswego advantage in RNK which cannot be changed by any of the results for either team between now and then.
                              Endicott has its final three games between Thursday and Monday. In the event that both teams win out Endicott finishes with a WIN% of .840, and Oswego ends at .820. Best to win the SUNYAC tournament as Prof points out.
                              The only way your RvR changes is if the composition of Ranked teams changes.

Don't forget Endicott is 0-0-1 vs Norwich which wins a lot of Common Opponent matchups.

And now for the conspiracy theorists. Lets say Salem St. wins the MASCAC and gets ranked #10 in the final ranking. Guess which TUC is 2-0-0 vs. the Vikings?
                              Last edited by joecct; 02-16-2017, 01:01 PM.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                How does one use the term morass into conversation these days with a slap to the face or a call from the HR Dept?

Comment

Working...
                                X