Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 593

Thread: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

  1. #21
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,799

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    I believe he can't play this season + 2 games next season.
    I could be wrong, but I thought it was 1 year for every game played?
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champions x23: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17
    ECACW Champions x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NCAA DIII Champions x9-ish: 87*, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86*, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82


    Vermont CATAMOUNTS
    HEA Runner-up x1:
    08
    ECAC Runner-up x1: 89
    ECAC DII Champion x2: 73, 74
    NCAA DI Frozen Four x2: 96, 09

  2. #22
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,465
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac1103 View Post
    Hey you guys want to share 'cause Plattsburgh lost 10 players (that I know of) and only have 7 recruits so by my count that will be a roster of 24.
    12....

  3. #23
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,325

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought it was 1 year for every game played?
    I think it was changed to a year + one for one in games played. (I could be wrong, though). I know it was changed.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    29,772
    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    I think it was changed to a year + one for one in games played. (I could be wrong, though). I know it was changed.
    We could ask NEC and see how they did it.

  5. #25
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,325

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    We could ask NEC and see how they did it.
    They would know
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,930

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    I think it was changed to a year + one for one in games played. (I could be wrong, though). I know it was changed.
    either way its pretty harsh for what looks like a 17y.o. kid who wants to take it up a notch.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,930

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    I think a few of our new goalies are pretty jacked up to hit the ice,twitter has pics of new pads and a few sick looking goalie "Buckets"........nice to see they are stoked and ready to go

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nantucket, MA
    Posts
    3,057
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    For what its worth....

    All FIVE goalies appear on the student directory....
    crazy thought...Oz has a very competitive and ranked club team...perhaps the reason so many are in school?

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,930

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    crazy thought...Oz has a very competitive and ranked club team...perhaps the reason so many are in school?
    Not out of the question.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    384

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    #5: Many thoughts and prayers today for those whose lives changes for ever for responding to the trade centers. I hope you and your fellow NYFD remember proudly what an incredible amount of bravery was shown 15 yrs ago. God Bless you.
    Oswego '88

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,930

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by DIIIFan View Post
    #5: Many thoughts and prayers today for those whose lives changes for ever for responding to the trade centers. I hope you and your fellow NYFD remember proudly what an incredible amount of bravery was shown 15 yrs ago. God Bless you.
    Oswego '88
    Thanks DIII,never seems to get any ezr,perhaps thats how it is supposed to be?? Lets get ready for some hockey now.

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,930

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Roster is up ,except for the new guys,gone are dmen Oulette and D'Oliveria..forwards Joseph and Boyd goalie Ignani........18 left......12 0r 13 recruits may be 2 or 3 goalies??....Ignani may be around to coach..

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,930

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Just back from 2 weeks in Korea,thread is almost dead,Platty faithfull are buying up the WW tiks....any news about the team,they must be pink bunny practice by now,and 12 days from the CCHL game.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    83

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Just back from 2 weeks in Korea,thread is almost dead,Platty faithfull are buying up the WW tiks....any news about the team,they must be pink bunny practice by now,and 12 days from the CCHL game.
    Coach's are in attendance, not on ice, new this year? New goalie (played some in the Q)looks good but is not eligible this year, can't even practice with team. I wonder if the club team can take him? I don't think the other goalies will be able to take Z's spot.
    21 forwards in training camp, that's 9 in the stands.
    Brun has looked dominating on defense.
    Some skilled new forwards, including Zyiek.
    A couple of injuries already, a couple kids' showed up in less then top shape.
    No Marines this year, was not popular with players. The kid's had to do the usual fitness and fitness testing and they added the Marines on top. Several players were exhausted/injured that week, one key player struggle all year with a over use injury he got that week.
    Enjoy the thread, just trying to keep it going.

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,930

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by coasttocoast View Post
    Coach's are in attendance, not on ice, new this year? New goalie (played some in the Q)looks good but is not eligible this year, can't even practice with team. I wonder if the club team can take him? I don't think the other goalies will be able to take Z's spot.
    21 forwards in training camp, that's 9 in the stands.
    Brun has looked dominating on defense.
    Some skilled new forwards, including Zyiek.
    A couple of injuries already, a couple kids' showed up in less then top shape.
    No Marines this year, was not popular with players. The kid's had to do the usual fitness and fitness testing and they added the Marines on top. Several players were exhausted/injured that week, one key player struggle all year with a over use injury he got that week.
    Enjoy the thread, just trying to keep it going.
    Thanks for the info,dont want to have training camp injuries for sure,thought the ASU netminder would give Z a run for his $$$........21 forwards?? we have 12 coing back and from what we know?? 7 coming in, unless there are not accounted for?? 8 dmen,4 goalies,with Richer not being able to play this year.
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 10-11-2016 at 04:48 PM.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nantucket, MA
    Posts
    3,057

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    FYI the two exhibition games this weekend - 3pm Ladies vs Toronto Midget Aeros and 7pm men vs CCHL All Graduate Team - will be broadcast on radio - WNYO - and tv/livestream - WTOP. The WTOP HD Upgrade project is literally in its final days of completion - these broadcasts will be the first using the new HD control room, so a little patience may be required by us on the viewing end...at least they were smart enough to have the contractors doing the installation to stick around for both games Saturday to make sure everyone works as it should..... Hockey Night In Oswego is only 4 days away!!! #GoLakers
    LakerEagleLover

    I support tuition payments past...

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,930

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    FYI the two exhibition games this weekend - 3pm Ladies vs Toronto Midget Aeros and 7pm men vs CCHL All Graduate Team - will be broadcast on radio - WNYO - and tv/livestream - WTOP. The WTOP HD Upgrade project is literally in its final days of completion - these broadcasts will be the first using the new HD control room, so a little patience may be required by us on the viewing end...at least they were smart enough to have the contractors doing the installation to stick around for both games Saturday to make sure everyone works as it should..... Hockey Night In Oswego is only 4 days away!!! #GoLakers
    Thanks for the info Lou,hope you enjoyed your summer.........

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,930

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    SUNYAC coaches poll has Genny, Platty then Oswego a distant 3rd Buff St 1pt behind Oz.............Bulletin board material??

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    10

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    SUNYAC coaches poll has Genny, Platty then Oswego a distant 3rd Buff St 1pt behind Oz.............Bulletin board material??
    They were a distant 4th last year in the standings.....so I'd say they are actually getting the benefit of doubt with that prediction. Bulletin board material for last years 2nd place Buff St who returns most of their team maybe.

  20. #40
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,465

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by djack87 View Post
    They were a distant 4th last year in the standings.....so I'd say they are actually getting the benefit of doubt with that prediction. Bulletin board material for last years 2nd place Buff St who returns most of their team maybe.
    Not saying I don't disagree here, but looking at last years seniors lost to graduation:

    Games Played %
    PSU 38
    BROCKPORT 35
    CORT 33
    BUFF ST 26
    POTS 26
    GEN 22
    FRED 16
    OSU 8
    MORS 4

    Goals % Loss
    POTS 46
    PSU 44
    BROCKPORT 37
    BUFF ST 30
    GEN 26
    FRED 20
    CORT 19
    OSU 2
    MORS 0

    Point Total Loss %
    POTS 43
    BROCKPORT 41
    PSU 40
    BUFF ST 31
    CORT 28
    GEN 22
    FRED 21
    OSU 5
    MORS 0


    Granted Young leaving Morrisville will raise their level, and adding Young's talent to Buff State would lower their % loss some.

    IMO anything north of 30% can be dangerous unless you're a team like Norwich, Oswego, Plattsburgh, SNC, UWSP, Adrian ect ect where you can just retool and not rebuild. I think Cortland could surprise some heads with their new look at recruiting. The talent is there for Oswego, its finding the right players for the right jobs. Bringing in the "big" class might help find the missing link.

    Geneseo brings back some big guns with Collins and Hills. Loss once in the last 17 games heading into the FF.
    Plattsburgh.....better hope for no sophomore slump in Cardinal Country, and no Finney.
    Oswego lost just 1 SUNYAC game by more than 2 goals (1-4 vs Potsdam but 2:1 shots on goal)

    Just like I had an issue last year with these polls because they look at last years performance, and base their rankings on the previous year. Polls in general you take with a grain of salt, the preseason poll.....yea...toilet paper for sure.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •