OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    I drove back that way after last night's game, and all the snowfall was east of I81. Dry roads all the way home to Plattsburgh. But I know it was a different story a day earlier, so I'm glad I didn't have to go that way on my way down!
    Did not feel like we were going to win, all night.
    I have 2 questions.
    1. My math has only Genny can finish with 25, so if we beat fredonia get 25 points, do we have the tie breaker with Genny?
    2. I would start Hanson against canton, and see how he does. I don't think Jacobson is good, I think he has lost his confidence, and I think the players have lost confidence in him. I know that won't help his confidence, I don't care, To much at stake to baby sit him. To many weak goals. Hanson did good in the one league game period, Dropped one shot in the exhibition, give him a chance. You are dreaming if you think Jacobson can win it for us. By the way, I'm thinking z is not going to be 100% for at least 3 weeks, he might try and play senior game but he won't be 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
      Did not feel like we were going to win, all night.
      I have 2 questions.
      1. My math has only Genny can finish with 25, so if we beat fredonia get 25 points, do we have the tie breaker with Genny?
      2. I would start Hanson against canton, and see how he does. I don't think Jacobson is good, I think he has lost his confidence, and I think the players have lost confidence in him. I know that won't help his confidence, I don't care, To much at stake to baby sit him. To many weak goals. Hanson did good in the one league game period, Dropped one shot in the exhibition, give him a chance. You are dreaming if you think Jacobson can win it for us. By the way, I'm thinking z is not going to be 100% for at least 3 weeks, he might try and play senior game but he won't be 100%
      Yes, we have the tie breaker with Geneseo, first tie breaker is head to head, and we're 1-0-1 against Genny
      http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

I kinda felt like they made Rouleau look a lot better than he was. He was down early on all the one on one chances and they stuffed it into him every time. Oswego wasn't mentally prepared to win the game and Platty was.

Comment

Going out on a limb here....anyone know the remix version of 7 nations army they play in Laker Land?
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Back from Oz,great time and met with many great Laker fans and supporters,the Laker fan base is a very dedicated crew,I met people from way back when who watched Lakers hockey from its start,and even watched me play waaaay back when in 85-87,great crew.All has been discussed on the thread just to add....or repeat....Potsdam was a fast start again and maybe a coast a one point then the penalty bug....Herlihy's goal,thing of beauty and determination,our best all around player.Platty,I think we played a pretty good game vs a team that is HOT,their D and offense has come around and they are back,and with their youth will be around for the usual playoff runs ...Watching the games live you can tell the refs really have a hard time keeping up with the game,especially a Oz/Platty game,the penalty to force the 5 on 3 was terrible,down a man you should have to kill a player to get a call,even at evem strength that was a pee wee call,these are men,the women play 2pm games..Great game anyway,Rouleu played well,but we did NOT finish,and we had many chances to burry the birds.The Platty winning goal was a nice play/FINISH.....Ok time to take care of Canton,who will not go down ez...any word on Zman didnt look good,and could not fault Jake on either Plattty goal...last,oswego students need to do the Lets Go Lakers chant more than 2x,my daughter loved the chants,especially the its all your fault chant at the goalie....

Comment

They were too busy with the "**** You Plattsburgh"....but I agree...
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                ...its PUCK you FLATTSBURGH...surely not the only time you've heard it...😂😂😂
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  Ha....I remember that one echoing down from the stands when Plattsburgh came out for warmups either the first year or the second year of the whiteout at the CC.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                    ...its PUCK you FLATTSBURGH...surely not the only time you've heard it...😂😂😂
                    Yea I'm sureit was Lou
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Would be interesting so see Hansen get a shot on goal this weekend. Maybe even Ignani....He is still with the team just been coaching the three. Z was seen multiple spots around town on Crutches after Fridays game.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                        Would be interesting so see Hansen get a shot on goal this weekend. Maybe even Ignani....He is still with the team just been coaching the three. Z was seen multiple spots around town on Crutches after Fridays game.
                        Not sure about Hansen,the coaches have seen him in practice so the will know best.......also hockey players have been known to show up to games on crutches and then play,crazy huh.

Comment

Having seen many Laker/Card games I just don't understand the mental dominance the Cards have over the Lakers. Whether it is the coach or the players it is just incredible. I honestly feel that the Plattsburgh High School team can come to Oswego and wear the Platty jersey and beat the Lakers. I don't know why the masked red bird causes so much carnage.
                          The ability to miss an open net just haunts the Lakers for the last several seasons and I don't think they know what a back hand is. It is as if the mind set it is in basket ball. Lets do the amazing dunk rather than take the clear 12 ft jump shot. The object is to put the puck in the net and you only get 1 goal no matter how spectacular the shot was. Also they need so not get in so close for they are just shooting the puck into the goalie. The angle and spacing is gone. The goalie situation is tricky. After the lost to Platty I really didn't want to see Jacobson again. But after some time to think, I would start him for the 2 Canton games. He needs his confidence and the injury to Z may take longer that 2 weeks. So a confident Jacobson is needed. He may return to early season form?
                          Oswego '88

Comment

Jacobson needs a leash and to not leave the net has a habit of chasing pucks and doesn't make the best decisions when throwing it out, often tossing right to the opposition. He is simply not fast enough getting back in goal after chasing a puck around back.

Comment

I think it is 5 loses in a row to the stinky red bird. Last 4 in OT or last minute. They don't out play us, they just beat us, heart breakers. I don't want to beat up on the goalie any more, but with time to cool off and think about it, I would still go with my plan, start Hanson Friday night and see what he gives you, if he doesn't stand on his head, Jacobson gets Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                                I think it is 5 loses in a row to the stinky red bird. Last 4 in OT or last minute. They don't out play us, they just beat us, heart breakers. I don't want to beat up on the goalie any more, but with time to cool off and think about it, I would still go with my plan, start Hanson Friday night and see what he gives you, if he doesn't stand on his head, Jacobson gets Saturday night.
                                we beat Platty in Platty earlier in the year 4-1

Comment

Working...
                                X