OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

The injury to Z doesn't look good... got hit hard in the 1st period in the thigh or groin area, couldn't put much pressure at all on the leg when they helped him off. He will be missed Saturday but with Canton next week he should at least get two weeks off to recover before the last two league games. Jacobson looked pretty good at times but defense let him down with all those PP goals. I don't think Mr Rutkowski will be getting much playing time for awhile.

Comment

• Agreed that Z's injury looked not so good, saw him on crutches after the game. Jacobson make flashes of greatness and then will make such a simple mistake. Likes to leave the net way to much. Hard to stop a 5 minute onslaught. This game was called very ticky tacky though with several calls only going against up when in two instances it was the potsdam player clearly throwing punches and no recourse taken.

Comment

Geez losing a (starting) goalie before the Plattsburgh game. Not good. Let's hope Mr Jacobson is up for the test, because a hot Platty team is looking for revenge and a better playoff spot. GO LAKERS. How about a "bak recap" of last nights game? What happened to the D during the 5 minute major? Bakdraft?

Comment

• Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
          Geez losing a (starting) goalie before the Plattsburgh game. Not good. Let's hope Mr Jacobson is up for the test, because a hot Platty team is looking for revenge and a better playoff spot. GO LAKERS. How about a "bak recap" of last nights game? What happened to the D during the 5 minute major? Bakdraft?
          Headline: Lakers bearly escape with OT win.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

how's the weather in Oswego, I'm heading there shortly.
            OT goal, a big 2 points

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
              OT goal, a big 2 points
              http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index....art_river_home

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                OT goal, a big 2 points
                The state of emergency is really only for northern Oswego County, so not here in OZ, we got a foot of snow last night but the town is already cleared up, nothing falling now, black over the lake heading east end though. Should be fine getting in here.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                  The state of emergency is really only for northern Oswego County, so not here in OZ, we got a foot of snow last night but the town is already cleared up, nothing falling now, black over the lake heading east end though. Should be fine getting in here.
                  Exactly...wish people would calm down a tad...geesh...
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    Exactly...wish people would calm down a tad...geesh...
                    But all the bread and toilet paper are now gone from the store shelves!

I think I should buy stock in Proctor & Gamble every time there's a major snowstorm.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

One Platty team down, two to go. Thank you men's hoops. Go Lakers.

Comment

I drove from Plattsburgh to Cortland to Elmira to Oswego, all while seeing snow falling for about 1.5mi in Utica. The snow issue was greatly exaggerated
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                          I drove from Plattsburgh to Cortland to Elmira to Oswego, all while seeing snow falling for about 1.5mi in Utica. The snow issue was greatly exaggerated
                          Not if you were coming from Watertown south on I81. The area around Redfield was belted.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            Not if you were coming from Watertown south on I81. The area around Redfield was belted.
                            It's ALWAYS snowing at the Tug Hill plateau...best to avoid at all costs usually.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              It's ALWAYS snowing at the Tug Hill plateau...best to avoid at all costs usually.
                              I drove back that way after last night's game, and all the snowfall was east of I81. Dry roads all the way home to Plattsburgh. But I know it was a different story a day earlier, so I'm glad I didn't have to go that way on my way down!
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #FancyHashtagIsFancy

Those Whiteout Games always have a particular feel to them when the Cards are going to win: the back-and-forth action (with little sustained pressure) is constant, Oz misses a couple of wide open nets (rare as they are, as Platty's goalie was splendid last night), the refs toss in a wicked penalty sequence (5x3 is an ugly feature when these clubs are so evenly matched otherwise), and just when OT is within reach, those pesky birds gut you for another loss in the most inexplicable way. Kudos to Plattsburgh - hopefully both of our clubs take care of business to rematch in 3 weeks.

From Oz's perspective, shame that they couldn't capitalize on Norwich's Friday night tie to snatch a top dog status in the East sooner. However, from an optimist's standpoint, there are some 'uge gains to be made ahead, as the SUNYAC title has never looked more delightful to win going into the NCAAs. With Platty rocketing onto the scene, this is a 4 team race at the top, but the conference in general has been tough as nails... best in the East perhaps? The Lakers may well have a shot at playing up to 3 more ranked opponents before the SUNYACs have concluded - Buff State, Platty again (I hope...), and either Buff State again or Geneseo. We could be in for some excellent hockey ahead!

First thing's first, the Lakers can right the ship with the Kangaroos dead ahead. Canton has performed admirably on their independent tour of the conference, and will be a good test in wrapping up the NC schedule. From there, everything will be on the line for Oz to cement a good spot in the NCAA's. They've risen to the occasion enough times this year, and it was downright thrilling to watch every time. Shake off the funk and keep rolling!
                                "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                                this is for you."
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Working...
                                X