OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Goaltending and discipline and the Penalty Kill were the problems in the game today. I feel like we've said that a lot in important games over the past few seasons. Power Play was good but with how bad William's PK is that isn't saying much.

Comment

Well this weekend showed us what the team is really made of and the answer is not much. There appeared to be an attitude change from last year where they were out willing teams to win. Since the loss to Buff State that is completely gone and now they seem lost again. Eau-Claire next week isn't going to give them a chance to feel good about themselves again so they have to work on the mental toughness before then.

Comment

Digby post game - things aren't going our way...tough patch...guys trying to be "the guy" instead of playing 5 man hockey...also said you need your goaltender to be your best player to get you through this "period". This was Z's first back to back wknd...so that would say Jacobsen gets the home tourney starts ....the game Friday with UW-Esau Claire will be telling....3 game losing streak...week of practice at home...ranked opener in your own tournament...that should be all the motivation you need. Still December....2 months to sort it out so we can keep playing in March.
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I went to Vermont and was there for the games, beautiful arena, wasted opportunity.
          Disappointment.
          We deserved to win game 1, against Williams, we dominated at times in the first period but ended up down 2 goals. Both goals were strong scoreing chances that Z had little chance, but if had made one of those saves?
          Disappointed in Z, although he can't score the goals to.
          All Williams did was fire the puck off the glass and out and or flip the puck in the air to our blue line.
          Disappointed in Johnston and Rageseo especially, for trying to do to much, over and over.
          Disappointed in the freshmen, after all the hype after Elmira weekend, we have gotten next to nothing in offense from the freshmen.
          Disappointed the team seemed to check out of the tournament after the OT loss in game 1.
          Disappointed Waterstreet didn't play against William, big physical team, he should have been in lineup.
          This team will have to play to it's best to beat Wis.-Clare, I don't see that happening. I'm not sure when the losing will end.
          Ok, that's my sky is falling post for this semester......the sun will be out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
            I went to Vermont and was there for the games, beautiful arena, wasted opportunity.
            Disappointment.
            We deserved to win game 1, against Williams, we dominated at times in the first period but ended up down 2 goals. Both goals were strong scoreing chances that Z had little chance, but if had made one of those saves?
            Disappointed in Z, although he can't score the goals to.
            All Williams did was fire the puck off the glass and out and or flip the puck in the air to our blue line.
            Disappointed in Johnston and Rageseo especially, for trying to do to much, over and over.
            Disappointed in the freshmen, after all the hype after Elmira weekend, we have gotten next to nothing in offense from the freshmen.
            Disappointed the team seemed to check out of the tournament after the OT loss in game 1.
            Disappointed Waterstreet didn't play against William, big physical team, he should have been in lineup.
            This team will have to play to it's best to beat Wis.-Clare, I don't see that happening. I'm not sure when the losing will end.
            Ok, that's my sky is falling post for this semester......the sun will be out tomorrow.
            The good news, Mrs. Lincoln, is that we are undefeated in 2017!!!
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Made the trip to Norwich as my dad is a Norwich alum 55' and it was his 86th birthday,hoped for a Oswego vs Norwich final but to no avail...That said nice place to play/watch hockey,I also met a few Oswego fans who were more than nice and supportive of the team....As far as the hockey goes,as I told my wife Williams and Naz did not come there to lose.........we outplayed Williams and yes it is hard to play vs that pack it in type team and bang it off the glass defense....I think we almost doubled them up in shots and offensive zone time, we do need some better dplay and we need to have our netminders step it a when needed.Naz,we got a few players back who didnt play vs Williams but to no avail.......After watching the last 3 losses,and the last 2 in person we dont seem to be getting many bounces/breaks,it will come back around our way with hard work,you make your own breaks,again would like to see our netminders step up and maybe steal a game or period or 2,have not seem that in awhile.After a hard week of practice I think we will be ready for Eau Claire.

Comment

Not that it matters to much but dropped to #5 in the uscho poll and Eau Claire is at #4,so ya got 4 vs 5 on Friday night,hope we have our legs under us for that tilt.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  Not that it matters to much but dropped to #5 in the uscho poll and Eau Claire is at #4,so ya got 4 vs 5 on Friday night,hope we have our legs under us for that tilt.
                  A rare East/West matchup among ranked teams....Eau Claire will bring another solid, well coached team East with a veteran goalie....
                  SNC Men:
                  Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                  NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                  SNC Women:
                  O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                    A rare East/West matchup among ranked teams....Eau Claire will bring another solid, well coached team East with a veteran goalie....
                    solid looks to be a underestimate,they look like a real contender as they did last year,I am hoping we will be out of the little funk that we are in now,I am sure coach G will have them ready for a fast and furious game.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      solid looks to be a underestimate,they look like a real contender as they did last year,I am hoping we will be out of the little funk that we are in now,I am sure coach G will have them ready for a fast and furious game.
                      They do play a "full' 60 minute game....normally with a furious fore check..
                      SNC Men:
                      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                      SNC Women:
                      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                        They do play a "full' 60 minute game....normally with a furious fore check..
                        We have some big dmen,I hope they can handle it??

Comment

This could be a classic. Not much history except this one game we played in the spring of 2013 (lest we forget). Statistically close and as said ranked #4 and #5 this week.
                          We are not playing good hockey but we have the home sheet. Hope there is a large noisy crowd of townies. Go Lakers.

Comment

Even when we're firing on all cylinders (we're currently "not"), we seem to stumble against those quality, big, tough, Midwest teams. Happens in the frozen four more often than not. Will be an honest-to-goodness test. And yeah, school's on winter break, so the CC won't be its usual rockin' self.
                            Oswego State 1980 Grad
                            (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Dear Laker Fans,

Don't be so down. Things could always be worse.

Sincerely,
                              A Plattsburgh State Fan

Dear Plattsburgh State Fan,

Sincerely,
                              A Middlebury Fan

Dear Middlebury Fan,

Don't be so down. Things could always be...... never mind.
                              Steve
                              Penn State Class of '95
                              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                                Dear Laker Fans,

Sincerely,
                                A Plattsburgh State Fan

Dear Plattsburgh State Fan,

Sincerely,
                                A Middlebury Fan

Dear Middlebury Fan,

Don't be so down. Things could always be...... never mind.
                                This. It boggles the mind that Middlebury is off to such a horrendous start. We fans of the traditional power teams are pretty jaded. Here I am complaining about a 10-3 team while there are some programs out there that don't win 10 games in 3 or 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X