OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

The Big line is the real deal. Neil and Hulsof have not been on the same line together much since coming to Oswego, keep them together(& healthy) and you have a good Div. 1 line. Elmira could not handle them, probably most SUNYAC teams won't be able to handle them. If you keep them together the questions becomes can the other lines do enough? It will probably depend on the impact Hufnagle, Sullivan make. Sullivan has looked good taking Herlihey's minutes. If Herlihey comes back, that could help as well. We really won't know what we have until the Genesso game Saturday night. Start 4-0 and we may have something.

Comment

Big weekend coming up here for the boy's. Opening weekend of SUNYAC play and two tough games. Brockport lost some great players but they have been trending up the last few years and they can be very tough at home. In addition there is the potential to overlook the Eagle's and ahead to the Knight's with them being the defending conference champs and returning a ton. Starting the SUNYAC season 2-0 would be a huge confidence boost for this group.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
        Big weekend coming up here for the boy's. Opening weekend of SUNYAC play and two tough games. Brockport lost some great players but they have been trending up the last few years and they can be very tough at home. In addition there is the potential to overlook the Eagle's and ahead to the Knight's with them being the defending conference champs and returning a ton. Starting the SUNYAC season 2-0 would be a huge confidence boost for this group.
        Nice weekend coming up yes Bport has been tough as of late,they did lose some scoring and dmen,should be a close game...As for Genny it will be a big test for our defense,they are talented on the offensethey also have a goalie that has been lights out so far,but I think we may be able to crack him,again staying out of the sin bin will be big with there talent up front.Besides injuries,the line-up sat night will be Coach G's top guys at this point of the season,that will be a interesting line-up to see....On the refs calling penalties,last ngiht there were 2 games that had 21 minor penalties called and a few majors,the refs have their orders and when it comes to game like Genny sat night with a ton of emotion,S**T happens,we have to stay cool,and with 12 seniors I would hope we have the experience/keeping our cool advantage.
        Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-04-2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

zGood win vs Bport,Jake got the start,didnt expect that played well when needed,great glove save in the 3rd,soft goal off the faceoff,not sure if screened or deflected??? Besides the Hulsof goal with 3 seconds left,nice to see others putting up the goals,Huff,sully rags and waterst..........PP has to produce nuff said,Geneseo was 4 for 8 last night vs Cortland on the PP.We blocked more shots than I can remember last night,and added dimension.Should be a great game tonight at the CC,stay out of the box and finish our chances...Where did everybody go,besides Homecoming thread has been silent????????????

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            zGood win vs Bport,Jake got the start,didnt expect that played well when needed,great glove save in the 3rd,soft goal off the faceoff,not sure if screened or deflected??? Besides the Hulsof goal with 3 seconds left,nice to see others putting up the goals,Huff,sully rags and waterst..........PP has to produce nuff said,Geneseo was 4 for 8 last night vs Cortland on the PP.We blocked more shots than I can remember last night,and added dimension.Should be a great game tonight at the CC,stay out of the box and finish our chances...Where did everybody go,besides Homecoming thread has been silent????????????
            Laker Nation may be worried? I thought the 5 goals in the first conference game was a big start, then Genny hangs 11 in their first

This could be interesting & looking forward to it
            2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
            2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
            2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
            2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

anyone getting the stream??

Comment

No, not yet.
                Oswego Class of '80
                LAKERS - Division III Champs - 2007!

Comment

Originally posted by iontyre View Post
                  No, not yet.
                  ow well thanks

Comment

Watching Sabres on NHL.TV in the meantime...

Audio stream from WNYO doesn't seem to be working either.
                    Oswego Class of '80

Comment

Great third period hustle gets the win for the Lakers. Some great work between the pipes from Zawadzki also.
                      Oswego Class of '80

Comment

Great third period. Its been a little while since I've seen this good of a game at the CC. Genny is very good, and I guess we can say Oswego is as well? The rest of the SUNYAC scores have me baffled for now
                        2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                        2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                        2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                        2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                        2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

This team just showed something we have not seen in two or three seasons... the ability to come from behind and win in the third period... against a very good team. PP needs help, defense made some bad turnovers in own end but they sure can skate and score and no let up in effort for sixty minutes.

Comment

Best period of hockey I have seen Oswego play in a while. They were simply not going to be denied in that one. They outworked Genny badly in front of both nets in the third. Something they haven't done against many teams the last few seasons. They showed a on of heart and character and got great leadership from Kenny Neil and Alex Botten. Joey Rutkowski is going to be a star and Jody Sullivan as well. Having Herlihey back this weekend was huge as well as he isn't afraid to throw the body and is just all hustle. This is a completely different team from a year ago, at least in the early part of the season.

Comment

Saw many old faces at the game last night. Honored Greeney and the rest of the Laker Sport Inducties. I am sure he could have given a few lessons on how to take the make off the puck for the D could of used many lessons on that. Fitty and some of the Buffalo guys at the game which was good to see. I am sure Coach G is happy with the win but not with the performance for most of the game and I will leave it at that. Not sure the Lakers were the better team last night. But that is why you play the entire 60 minutes.
                              Oswego 88'

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                                Saw many old faces at the game last night. Honored Greeney and the rest of the Laker Sport Inducties. I am sure he could have given a few lessons on how to take the make off the puck for the D could of used many lessons on that. Fitty and some of the Buffalo guys at the game which was good to see. I am sure Coach G is happy with the win but not with the performance for most of the game and I will leave it at that. Not sure the Lakers were the better team last night. But that is why you play the entire 60 minutes.
                                Oswego 88'
                                I can't speak to the full 60, but what I saw in 1/2 the 2nd and all of the 3rd was better than anything I saw last year. Great win, go Lakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X