Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
    #5: Many thoughts and prayers today for those whose lives changes for ever for responding to the trade centers. I hope you and your fellow NYFD remember proudly what an incredible amount of bravery was shown 15 yrs ago. God Bless you.
    Oswego '88
    Thanks DIII,never seems to get any ezr,perhaps thats how it is supposed to be?? Lets get ready for some hockey now.

Comment

Roster is up ,except for the new guys,gone are dmen Oulette and D'Oliveria..forwards Joseph and Boyd goalie Ignani........18 left......12 0r 13 recruits may be 2 or 3 goalies??....Ignani may be around to coach..

Comment

Just back from 2 weeks in Korea,thread is almost dead,Platty faithfull are buying up the WW tiks....any news about the team,they must be pink bunny practice by now,and 12 days from the CCHL game.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          Just back from 2 weeks in Korea,thread is almost dead,Platty faithfull are buying up the WW tiks....any news about the team,they must be pink bunny practice by now,and 12 days from the CCHL game.
          Coach's are in attendance, not on ice, new this year? New goalie (played some in the Q)looks good but is not eligible this year, can't even practice with team. I wonder if the club team can take him? I don't think the other goalies will be able to take Z's spot.
          21 forwards in training camp, that's 9 in the stands.
          Brun has looked dominating on defense.
          Some skilled new forwards, including Zyiek.
          A couple of injuries already, a couple kids' showed up in less then top shape.
          No Marines this year, was not popular with players. The kid's had to do the usual fitness and fitness testing and they added the Marines on top. Several players were exhausted/injured that week, one key player struggle all year with a over use injury he got that week.
          Enjoy the thread, just trying to keep it going.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
            Coach's are in attendance, not on ice, new this year? New goalie (played some in the Q)looks good but is not eligible this year, can't even practice with team. I wonder if the club team can take him? I don't think the other goalies will be able to take Z's spot.
            21 forwards in training camp, that's 9 in the stands.
            Brun has looked dominating on defense.
            Some skilled new forwards, including Zyiek.
            A couple of injuries already, a couple kids' showed up in less then top shape.
            No Marines this year, was not popular with players. The kid's had to do the usual fitness and fitness testing and they added the Marines on top. Several players were exhausted/injured that week, one key player struggle all year with a over use injury he got that week.
            Enjoy the thread, just trying to keep it going.
            Thanks for the info,dont want to have training camp injuries for sure,thought the ASU netminder would give Z a run for his $$$........21 forwards?? we have 12 coing back and from what we know?? 7 coming in, unless there are not accounted for?? 8 dmen,4 goalies,with Richer not being able to play this year.
            Last edited by bakdraft21; 10-11-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

FYI the two exhibition games this weekend - 3pm Ladies vs Toronto Midget Aeros and 7pm men vs CCHL All Graduate Team - will be broadcast on radio - WNYO - and tv/livestream - WTOP. The WTOP HD Upgrade project is literally in its final days of completion - these broadcasts will be the first using the new HD control room, so a little patience may be required by us on the viewing end...at least they were smart enough to have the contractors doing the installation to stick around for both games Saturday to make sure everyone works as it should..... Hockey Night In Oswego is only 4 days away!!! #GoLakers
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                FYI the two exhibition games this weekend - 3pm Ladies vs Toronto Midget Aeros and 7pm men vs CCHL All Graduate Team - will be broadcast on radio - WNYO - and tv/livestream - WTOP. The WTOP HD Upgrade project is literally in its final days of completion - these broadcasts will be the first using the new HD control room, so a little patience may be required by us on the viewing end...at least they were smart enough to have the contractors doing the installation to stick around for both games Saturday to make sure everyone works as it should..... Hockey Night In Oswego is only 4 days away!!! #GoLakers
                Thanks for the info Lou,hope you enjoyed your summer.........

Comment

SUNYAC coaches poll has Genny, Platty then Oswego a distant 3rd Buff St 1pt behind Oz.............Bulletin board material??

Comment

SUNYAC coaches poll has Genny, Platty then Oswego a distant 3rd Buff St 1pt behind Oz.............Bulletin board material??
                    They were a distant 4th last year in the standings.....so I'd say they are actually getting the benefit of doubt with that prediction. Bulletin board material for last years 2nd place Buff St who returns most of their team maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by djack87 View Post
                      They were a distant 4th last year in the standings.....so I'd say they are actually getting the benefit of doubt with that prediction. Bulletin board material for last years 2nd place Buff St who returns most of their team maybe.
                      Not saying I don't disagree here, but looking at last years seniors lost to graduation:

Games Played %
                      PSU 38
                      BROCKPORT 35
                      CORT 33
                      BUFF ST 26
                      POTS 26
                      GEN 22
                      FRED 16
                      OSU 8
                      MORS 4

Goals % Loss
                      POTS 46
                      PSU 44
                      BROCKPORT 37
                      BUFF ST 30
                      GEN 26
                      FRED 20
                      CORT 19
                      OSU 2
                      MORS 0

Point Total Loss %
                      POTS 43
                      BROCKPORT 41
                      PSU 40
                      BUFF ST 31
                      CORT 28
                      GEN 22
                      FRED 21
                      OSU 5
                      MORS 0

Granted Young leaving Morrisville will raise their level, and adding Young's talent to Buff State would lower their % loss some.

IMO anything north of 30% can be dangerous unless you're a team like Norwich, Oswego, Plattsburgh, SNC, UWSP, Adrian ect ect where you can just retool and not rebuild. I think Cortland could surprise some heads with their new look at recruiting. The talent is there for Oswego, its finding the right players for the right jobs. Bringing in the "big" class might help find the missing link.

Geneseo brings back some big guns with Collins and Hills. Loss once in the last 17 games heading into the FF.
                      Plattsburgh.....better hope for no sophomore slump in Cardinal Country, and no Finney.
                      Oswego lost just 1 SUNYAC game by more than 2 goals (1-4 vs Potsdam but 2:1 shots on goal)

Just like I had an issue last year with these polls because they look at last years performance, and base their rankings on the previous year. Polls in general you take with a grain of salt, the preseason poll.....yea...toilet paper for sure.
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Always great stats from Remi,get out of the jail and get into accounting...Thanks.....Just stirring it up,Genny will be tough this yr,with a ton of firepower,and if their netminding holds up,no soph slump,a tough nut to crack.Platty bring in 29 players,BIG group as well,sure to be in the mix .After last year at Oz,I would think the 12 seniors will be ****ed and out to prove something in their last yr,we will see.......

Comment

Thanks for the info Lou,hope you enjoyed your summer.........
                          It was too short, but hockey makes up for it soon...
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

My source apparently can't count, 19 forwards on roster not the 21 I was told.
                            This group of Seniors had such a strong freshman year (SUNYAC Champs, NCCA Tourney). They have failed to realize their potential, but they get one more chance. I honestly feel we did a poor job of bringing in talent to improve/support this team in the last few years. Maybe we have enough to give this group the lift it needs to be great.
                            I think this team, badly under achieved last year and you are going to see this team finish first in the SUNYAC and a top 5 national ranking. You heard it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                              My source apparently can't count, 19 forwards on roster not the 21 I was told.
                              This group of Seniors had such a strong freshman year (SUNYAC Champs, NCCA Tourney). They have failed to realize their potential, but they get one more chance. I honestly feel we did a poor job of bringing in talent to improve/support this team in the last few years. Maybe we have enough to give this group the lift it needs to be great.
                              I think this team, badly under achieved last year and you are going to see this team finish first in the SUNYAC and a top 5 national ranking. You heard it here first.
                              I think its hard to bring in guys the year after you bring in a big class like the seniors we have know were,recruits will look and see not much room to break into the line-up so why not try elsewhere?? We again have 12 seniors,its a hard cycle to break.....I think we have a nice class this yr,and can only hope your words come true/

Comment

Hope they figure out the stream,cant see anything in the womens game??

Comment

Working...
                                X