Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
    Even when we're firing on all cylinders (we're currently "not"), we seem to stumble against those quality, big, tough, Midwest teams. Happens in the frozen four more often than not. Will be an honest-to-goodness test. And yeah, school's on winter break, so the CC won't be its usual rockin' self.
    cant argue here but we are not the only team that have stumbled vs the west teams ,as far as the Final Four,most east teams have stumbled lately.
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-04-2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Just confirming what most of you already knew - all four Pathfinder games with be produced by WTOP10 Sports (video) and WNYO Sports (radio)...
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
        Just confirming what most of you already knew - all four Pathfinder games with be produced by WTOP10 Sports (video) and WNYO Sports (radio)...
        sounds good,nice to know the kids are on the job.

Comment

good stream tonight, replay is back.
          Well, I expected much more from WA-Claire, but I loved our second period, I did not see that coming, that's a big win for the rankings. Another good effort tomorrow and we are back on track.
          I don't really think the line shake ups helped much but what do I know. I have liked Davies game on the third line all year so it was nice to see him get some stronger wingers tonight.
          We are a much bigger team when Brun and Waterstreet are in the line up, keep them in the lineup.

Comment

Nice to see them being more aggressive tonight, challenging WA on their own blue line and breaking up many rushes. Also much better power play, a lot more movement by all and had some good looks and two goals. Got a little nervous in the third but overall and big step back up for this team.

Comment

The first 40 minutes they were excellent. Played some great team defense and created some good chances. They were as flat and timid as can be in the third almost allowing Eau Claire back into the contest. With the breakaway speed and 1 on 1 skill Utica has they wont get away with 20 minutes like that in the championship game. Jake was very solid and we will likely see him in net again tonight. I thought the Bluegolds played a very solid technical game but their offense relied a lot on getting pounces and puck luck and when Oswego was really working in the first 2 periods that wasn't happening. Overall it was a strong bounce back win over a good team that should help restore some of the boys confidence.

Comment

Looked like a pretty complete game,would always like to see more even strength goals but we will take it any way we can.Coach must have shaken the boys up a bit,they were very aggressive,like at the start of the season and they were flying most of the game.We had several good chances missed,but I love the way we crashed the net,and stirred things up.We had 2 offensive zone penalties ,not good they usually come back and kill ya,but the PK was good and eauclairs PP didnt look that strong.Jake looked good in net,dont know if he saw either goal with traffic in front,coulndt tell?? Should be a close one tonight..

Comment

Even before the loss to Buff state I wasn't sure we should be ranked #1, the losses as Norwich hurt, but they've bounced back and this is the best I've seen them play in a while. They played like a championship caliber team this weekend
                  http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

[QUOTE=OSU2010;6419852]Even before the loss to Buff state I wasn't sure we should be ranked #1, the losses as Norwich hurt, but they've bounced back and this is the best I've seen them play in a while. They played like a championship caliber team this weekend[

They played very good against Williams they just didn't get the saves or the bounces. Nazereth was a different story.
                    Anyways that was last weekend this is this weekend. We questioned what this team was made out of last weekend, maybe those 2 losses will help make this team better. They were not perfect this weekend, but they were better then 2 top 20 teams in the country, good for them, they should enjoy their "soda's" tonight.

Thumbs up to, Davies, Herlihey, Sneath, Galatti, Rageseo, Waterstreet, Jacobson
                    Thumbs down to Pelnik
                    The third jersey is growing on me.
                    It was hard to find a 1st or a 4th line all weekend, coach seemed to spread the talent around, Lines 1-4 played pretty evenly 5 on 5. Maybe the coach is on to something there.
                    The Sun is rising.

Comment

Well, the rest of the schedule seems to favor Oswego, 7 out of the last 10 are home games and the first one looks like it could be come a payback game.

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
                      A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                      Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
                      Arizona State Class of 1974
                      ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                      Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

2 very nice wins this weekend. Did not care for the last 5-7 minutes of the W-E-C game. It looked like they are playing a prevent defense and that usually means you loose. The UC game was what I thought it would be. I thought that Raguseo played his best 2 games of the season and should have been the MVP. Not taking anything away from Davies. Rutkowski didn't show me anything and I thought Pelmik played a nice game, Yes a few miscues. I think you can put anyone with Galait and Hulshof and you are going to have a very good line. All 4 lines skated hard and worked well and the D worked as a team and move the puck well. Hopefully they have all the of eggnog out of them and get back to playing Laker Hockey for the remainder of the Season. Have not seen Hart this year has he been hurt or in the dog house?
                        Oswego '88

Comment

Rutkowski has been excellent all season but last night he was terrible. Everyone is entitled to a bad game here and there so he gets a pass. Rags does some great things out there but he also turns the puck over with alarming regularity. He just seems to have a knack for mopping up after himself that others don't have. Jake was very solid both games and I think he earned himself a third straight start when they travel to Nazareth. I think I could play with Galati and Hulshof and put up points. No offense to Joey Davies intended but those two are just good. Pelnik played pretty well considering he was a game time decision after Federow couldn't go after re-aggravating his injury.

Overall I felt they did a great job of playing through some bad bounces and terrible officiating to grab a win against a solid Utica team. After losing three straight they really needed something to get their confidence back and keep the season from getting away from them. Now they head to Nazareth to get some revenge for the terrible loss last week. Nazareth lost twice to a lousy Potsdam team this weekend so a Laker team firing on all Cylinder's should be able to run them right out of the building.

Comment

Great bounce back weekend......The hustle by the whole team was outstanding in both games....I like that we had the even strength goals didnt have to rely on the PP,the refs didnt seem to be that bad, we still did take a few dumb penalties by seniors that can/will come back and hurt you,I am sure they are being addressed.Great 5 on 3 kill that gave us some momentum,nice job. Pointmen enough big slappers,looks what happened when Rutkowski just threw it at the net,,,GOAL....we rolled 4 lines and wore them down,great job by the coaches....Thought Pelnik played well except for a few blind passes,I like his aggressiveness. Herlihy is a beast.Jake was there when needed,very solid all weekend....DIII,Hart has been around and I think he has played pretty well....

Comment

Via Twitter ...To Oswego via Niagara Devin Campbell Defenseman 6'2' 200lbs soph...played 18 games as a freshman and played in 11 games so far this yr of Niagara 's 19 games.looks to be a defensive dman....played jr's in the CCHL...will wear #4
                              Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-11-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

On roster Devin Campbell 6'2" 215lbs #4 ..has him as a jr,I believe he is a second semester soph..Geneseo also picked up a D1 transfer from Vermont ...jr defenseman

Comment

Working...
                                X