OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Thanks for the update Lou ,sounds like there was a great turnout for Mary from the Oswego family...Well lets hope we can replace some of the scoring that we lost.

Comment

Another forward. AJ D'Orazio of the OJHL's St. Michael's Buzzers.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=267161

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
        Another forward. AJ D'Orazio of the OJHL's St. Michael's Buzzers.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=267161
        Captain of the Buzzers, too!

You can only dress 18 skaters per game. At some point having too many bodies in the stands is counterproductive.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Captain of the Buzzers, too!

You can only dress 18 skaters per game. At some point having too many bodies in the stands is counterproductive.
          with the players who left last yr and new ones that we know about??? and a few that will not come back,I think we/Oswego have 21 skaters and 3 netminders at this point....and of course the if they show up mention....to be continued........

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            with the players who left last yr and new ones that we know about??? and a few that will not come back,I think we/Oswego have 21 skaters and 3 netminders at this point....and of course the if they show up mention....to be continued........
            dmac on the other thread has you in the high 20s even with losses.

Personally 26 seems right. You have a 5th line, a 4th D and a practice goalie competing to get on the game lineup. Any more than that and do the black aces have a reasonable expectation of making it to the main roster?
            Last edited by joecct; 06-15-2017, 09:13 AM.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              dmac on the other thread has you in the high 20s even with losses.

Personally 26 seems right. You have a 5th line, a 4th D and a practice goalie competing to get on the game lineup. Any more than that and do the black aces have a reasonable expectation of making it to the main roster?
              Oswego only has 19 players returning BEFORE any losses. They need another12-15 recruiting class to replace everyone that left. Yes it sucks having that many, but
              1. you can not predict how EVERYONE will translate to the college game
              2. unforeseen injuries/departures/suspensions

Much rather have a few extra holding a clip board then be forced to start forwards at defense because you ran out of players....

If you look back at Oswego's "big recruiting" classes they held a 29, 28, and 33 man roster. I'd expect the same this year as well. Combining what is shown in the commitment thread and this, that's only 27 so far....I could easily see another 4-5 added just for safe measures (and who's to say they all show)....

As long as Ed is honest with his players and they know this going in (which I am 99% sure he is), who cares? Work hard and make it hard for the coaching staff to pick a line up each night. If you're winning, it makes sitting the bench every other night much easier. At the end of the season if they don't agree with it, you transfer and become a star somewhere else. Having the opportunity to put on a jersey at Oswego is well worth it IMO. (god my mouth feels dirty for saying that)
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Yes Remy , as for the #'s from what I know,we have as of today "on paper" 13 forwards,8dmen and 3 netminder my math has that at 24,again from what Lou posted/what coahc D hinted at, we should have another 4-6 more coming in,which looks to be about par for the course.I would imagine all recruits know the deal b4 they enroll,these are 21 year old players who have been around the block,they know the deal. .....Good luck to them all.......and for sure you cannot predict how they will fit in with the college game,we have had some BIG Jr's goal scorers who sit the bench/suit it up in the stands.
                Last edited by bakdraft21; 06-15-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

In the other thread the number I posted included the incoming Freshmen, before the one they just announced. As of right now the count is 27 players including returning players and incoming freshmen. One player (Mescarin) may or may not be part of that. 30 is usually a good number to have because of injuries and midseason transfers.

Comment

Tanner Spink forward CCHl played 5 yrs in the league...5 10" 175lbs 52gp 21-32-53pts

Comment

Originally posted by psuchamps2001 View Post
                      . Having the opportunity to put on a jersey at oswego is well worth it imo. (god my mouth feels dirty for saying that)

:d
                      Last edited by ColdInRomney; 06-22-2017, 03:08 PM.
                      Oswego State 1980 Grad
                      (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Sneath is not returning.
                        Pathfinder is- Oswego vs. Skidmore, Hobart vs. Manhattenville.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                          Sneath is not returning.
                          I would imagine a few more will not as well, 2 months till classes start so we will see soon enough.Not a bad group of teams for the Pathfinder.

Comment

Sneath is not returning.
                            Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            I would imagine a few more will not as well, 2 months till classes start so we will see soon enough.Not a bad group of teams for the Pathfinder.
                            That's a great mixture of teams. Skidmore is an up and coming team i think with a young go-getter coach. I think they'll be trending towards the top of the NEHC mix in the next few years. Gotta replace Bird and Cibelli though. Those are two big losses. Hobart is Hobart and has been a top 10 perennial ranked team for years now. Manhattanville is always solid and in the mix in the ECAC West/UCHC.

That's a great field.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              That's a great mixture of teams. Skidmore is an up and coming team i think with a young go-getter coach. I think they'll be trending towards the top of the NEHC mix in the next few years. Gotta replace Bird and Cibelli though. Those are two big losses. Hobart is Hobart and has been a top 10 perennial ranked team for years now. Manhattanville is always solid and in the mix in the ECAC West/UCHC.

That's a great field.
                              Bingaman and Sokol will be big skates to fill. I've also heard that Hobart picked up a few recruits just for the simple fact they switched conferences. A few more months...
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Sneath is not returning.
                                Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                Bingaman and Sokol will be big skates to fill. I've also heard that Hobart picked up a few recruits just for the simple fact they switched conferences. A few more months...
                                I think Hobart went NEHC for a few different reasons. "stronger" league presence as well as "autobid safety" were probably at the top of the list. Hobart traditionally has a lot of New England players so I can imagine that was a factor as well to now play all of their league games in that geographic footprint.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X