Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728
Results 541 to 560 of 560

Thread: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

  1. #541
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    81

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    It looks like Kenny Neil has found himself a spot In Pensacola, his stat line now reads 4G, 2A, 6pts in 7 games. Getting PP time and PK time. He left the lake for the Ocean.
    Apparently most of the Seniors could have gone for Pro try outs, many had/wanted to stay in Oswego for Academic reasons. Link to article below.

    http://www.oswegonian.com/2017/03/31...ockey-careers/

  2. #542
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,898

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by coasttocoast View Post
    It looks like Kenny Neil has found himself a spot In Pensacola, his stat line now reads 4G, 2A, 6pts in 7 games. Getting PP time and PK time. He left the lake for the Ocean.
    Apparently most of the Seniors could have gone for Pro try outs, many had/wanted to stay in Oswego for Academic reasons. Link to article below.

    http://www.oswegonian.com/2017/03/31...ockey-careers/
    Thanks for the link,good to see these men have their heads screwed on right, I would think the coaching staff has something to do with this as well,good luck to them going forward.

  3. #543
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nantucket, MA
    Posts
    3,052

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    OK, looks like Coach G is staying put
    Knowing Ed and Mary's ties to the college, the community and the support they have received during Mary's multiple cancer battles, I would be surprised if they made a move. They are family and the college and community have proved that time and time again when they needed it most.
    LakerEagleLover

    I support tuition payments past...

  4. #544
    Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Chazy, NY
    Posts
    3,976

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Knowing Ed and Mary's ties to the college, the community and the support they have received during Mary's multiple cancer battles, I would be surprised if they made a move. They are family and the college and community have proved that time and time again when they needed it most.
    Don't be too surprised. He interviewed for the position.... think he would have turned it down if he'd gotten it?
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

    If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

  5. #545
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,898

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Looks like Rutkowski's brother is a Utica recruit,should be fun playing vs his brother......Havnt seen much as far as Oswego recruits,Norwich and Utica I have seen about 5 or 6 so far....still early I would imagine...

  6. #546
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    Don't be too surprised. He interviewed for the position.... think he would have turned it down if he'd gotten it?
    He probably would have taken it, but maybe he was using the interviews as a bargaining chip come time for negotiations on his pay.

  7. #547
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,898

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by OSU2010 View Post
    He probably would have taken it, but maybe he was using the interviews as a bargaining chip come time for negotiations on his pay.
    agree......I also need 12 yrds of mulch,do you deliver to Orange county NY

  8. #548
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    agree......I also need 12 yrds of mulch,do you deliver to Orange county NY
    sure 1,825 miles, I'd do it for $6,000

  9. #549
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,898

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by OSU2010 View Post
    sure 1,825 miles, I'd do it for $6,000
    How does Thursday sound??

  10. #550
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    How does Thursday sound??
    you pay in advance and I can do Thursday

  11. #551
    Larry Normandin norm1909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Morrisonville, NY
    Posts
    8,644

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by OSU2010 View Post
    you pay in advance and I can do Thursday
    Darn, looks like he know you were planning on paying in Jamaican dollars.
    Last edited by norm1909; 04-17-2017 at 09:38 AM.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

    Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

    God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

    Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

    Twitter w/ Bob Emery

    WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

    Pen pals

    D3HOCKEY.com

  12. #552
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    81

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Conner Merkley, a player I thought was coming to Oswego, got a Div. 1 deal, ouch that hurts.

    http://centraljuniorhockeyleague.ca/...ws/news_485168

  13. #553
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,898

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by coasttocoast View Post
    Conner Merkley, a player I thought was coming to Oswego, got a Div. 1 deal, ouch that hurts.

    http://centraljuniorhockeyleague.ca/...ws/news_485168
    those are the boarder line D1/D3 players that wait it out,looking for schools like UAH and some Atlantic teams ,I think we got Hulshof as he was looking at Sacret Heart,maybe Rags as well.That said not much in the way of recruits so far,expecting around 10 give or take a few.

  14. #554
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,790

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Congrats to the SUNY Oswego Lakers who were given the greatest home-field advantage ever: inclement weather in Oswego has lead the cancellation of the 2017 SUNYAC Baseball Championships. The top-seeded Lakers will be crowned Champions by default, despite not playing a single game, and will receive the conference's AQ.

  15. #555
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,898

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    as/ NAHL Tommy Horn Forward to the land of Oz...6ft 201 lbs...39 games played 9 g 16a but it gets better....192 PIM,wake-up the penalty kill here comes Tommy BOY......Looks like coach G is adding some grit to the line-up,best of luck to him in Oz.
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 05-19-2017 at 02:36 PM.

  16. #556
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oswego, New York
    Posts
    1,214

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Good, the team needs a little sandpaper at times.

  17. #557
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,898

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Looks like Johnson and Neil will be playing together in France this up coming season.

  18. #558

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    29,248

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Congrats to the SUNY Oswego Lakers who were given the greatest home-field advantage ever: inclement weather in Oswego has lead the cancellation of the 2017 SUNYAC Baseball Championships. The top-seeded Lakers will be crowned Champions by default, despite not playing a single game, and will receive the conference's AQ.
    And a number 1 seed at the D-III College World Series!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    4 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16)

    ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

    Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016.

    I want to live forever. So far, so good.

  19. #559
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oswego, New York
    Posts
    1,214

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    The baseball team has done great the last few years and it looks like they are going to continue that trend. So we now have men's hockey, basketball and baseball that all make waves on the national stage. Plus the odd track athlete and swimmer here and there. Pretty cool to see. And the baseball team has slick uni's.

  20. #560
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    15,683

    Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

    Quote Originally Posted by Laker28 View Post
    The baseball team has done great the last few years and it looks like they are going to continue that trend. So we now have men's hockey, basketball and baseball that all make waves on the national stage. Plus the odd track athlete and swimmer here and there. Pretty cool to see. And the baseball team has slick uni's.
    I've been very impressed with the improvements from the baseball and basketball team since my time at Oswego. It's nice to see a few more sports getting into the national spotlight. As an XC alum as well, it's cool to see we've had a few track folks do pretty well at nationals too. Overall it appears the programs are improving which can only mean great things for the sports teams across the board.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •