Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
      I don't think we'll get #1 my guess is #2 behind St. Norbert
      Utica is making a lot of noise as well....8-0

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

I don't know. They probably won't just because its SNC....but I'm not sure how a win over UWSP justifies a loss to Lake Forrest vesus a team that's unblemished being both ranked Geneseo and Plattsburgh....Id even put Utica above SNC at this point (maybe even above Oswego?) Both DIll and Virtanen have been on fire. Fredonia, Neumann, and Elmira might not be the best measuring stick, but they are playing very well...especially as of late.

All I know is I hope 2 certain teams take care of business January 6th so we can see a matchup January 7th....
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Great weekend for the Lakers ,whether Platty is at full strength or not I'll take a win at the Ronald B anytime,and I am sure when Whiteout Weekend comes Platty will be coming in as a much better and more disciplined team.I think we looked good just about all 60 mins,there of course will be times when things dont roll perfectly but it was a pretty complete weekend,from special teams to faceoffs,which we seem to be getting better at. Netminding was stellar all weekend,not sure if Jake was screened on the goal vs Platty?? As for players,Herlihy,Barton and Ferreria are playing well,very fast and NEVER stop on the ice.We had a lot of "Secondary scoring" this weekend as well so we dont have to rely on the BIG LINE.As for the Polls nice to look at but Lou is right,March is the test time....Roll Lakers....yes was surprised not to see Davies hope hes not hurt.
          Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-20-2016, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            I don't know. They probably won't just because its SNC....but I'm not sure how a win over UWSP justifies a loss to Lake Forrest vesus a team that's unblemished being both ranked Geneseo and Plattsburgh....Id even put Utica above SNC at this point (maybe even above Oswego?) Both DIll and Virtanen have been on fire. Fredonia, Neumann, and Elmira might not be the best measuring stick, but they are playing very well...especially as of late.

All I know is I hope 2 certain teams take care of business January 6th so we can see a matchup January 7th....
            That would be interesting at this point,we have many games and a big tounry at Norwich which I will be going to,coming up and I know as a player and now as a fan I never liked that trip west to play the Buffalo teams,and this yr they or Buff st looks pretty good,that Delaverne can win a game or 2 by himself...

Comment

The ol' bullseye has dried and its on our back no matter where we are ranked...watch out for The U as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                You have to keep in mind a couple things.... ... I know this is an Oswego thread, but while a win over Plattsburgh is always fun, I don't think it carries the same merit as say last year would have (and that's even stretching it). Plattsburgh at this point is a mid-pack SUNYAC team who will be lucky to find home ice come February.

Very good post with many good points, as always Remy.
                Maybe I have I been reading too many political post lately? sounds like a Hillary supporter's lament? LOL

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
                A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
                Arizona State Class of 1974
                ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  That would be interesting at this point,we have many games and a big tounry at Norwich which I will be going to,coming up and I know as a player and now as a fan I never liked that trip west to play the Buffalo teams,and this yr they or Buff st looks pretty good,that Delaverne can win a game or 2 by himself...
                  One could say the Pathfinder is shaping up to be a tougher test as well.

Comment

And Oswego wins the best-of-three series at the Ronald B Stafford after the women knock off Plattsburgh 3-2 this afternoon. 2 very quick 3rd period goals turned a 2-1 Cardinal lead into a loss.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                      And Oswego wins the best-of-three series at the Ronald B Stafford after the women knock off Plattsburgh 3-2 this afternoon. 2 very quick 3rd period goals turned a 2-1 Cardinal lead into a loss.
                      Down goes Frazier! Good for the Lakers...feel sorry for the next team facing the A Cardinals. 😧
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Lets get through the semester schedule before we get too excited about the NSB and Pathfinder...😄😄😄.

I remain optimistic...😃
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          Down goes Frazier! Good for the Lakers...feel sorry for the next team facing the A Cardinals. 😧
                          That would be Castleton in Rutland on Tuesday evening
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

BIG CONGRATS to the Lady Lakers on the win over The #1 team in the land........wow looks like Platty had 50 sog's Laker netminder must have stood on her head,or helmet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              BIG CONGRATS to the Lady Lakers on the win over The #1 team in the land........wow looks like Platty had 50 sog's Laker netminder must have stood on her head,or helmet.
                              And how she doesn't get one of the 3 stars is beyond me lol
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                And how she doesn't get one of the 3 stars is beyond me lol
                                Robert didn't get on either on Wednesday after 41 saves....
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X