• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2016-17

7-0. Embarrassing.

Comment

It shouldn't have been that bad. Halfway through the 3rd, I can't remember who, but one of the Chargers cleanly hip checked Chris Pohlkamp and the ref called him for tripping anyway. Corbett blew his top and dropped an f bomb at the official, who promptly called a bench minor. The whole team basically gave up after that and BG scored several goals with ease.
      BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

I wish the on ice officials incompetence was still comical to me but it just isn't. It's sad and I can't believe that they can't at least elevate there performance to just being subpar instead of completely incompetent.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
          It shouldn't have been that bad. Halfway through the 3rd, I can't remember who, but one of the Chargers cleanly hip checked Chris Pohlkamp and the ref called him for tripping anyway. Corbett blew his top and dropped an f bomb at the official, who promptly called a bench minor. The whole team basically gave up after that and BG scored several goals with ease.
          Hip to knee is tripping. That play was with 2 minutes left in the game.
          Last edited by pdt1081; 02-25-2017, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
            Similar thing happened at the end of the game vs. BG in Huntsville on Nov. 19 -- UAH gave up two garbage goals in the final minute. For a team that prides itself on effort in the face of talent disparity, it's disheartening to see.
            Michael Napier - UAH '97
            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
            U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
            NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
            CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
            CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

18:02 is "halfway through?"
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                I wish the on ice officials incompetence was still comical to me but it just isn't. It's sad and I can't believe that they can't at least elevate there performance to just being subpar instead of completely incompetent.
                We had the same refs in Mankato last week. Unimpressive.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                  Similar thing happened at the end of the game vs. BG in Huntsville on Nov. 19 -- UAH gave up two garbage goals in the final minute. For a team that prides itself on effort in the face of talent disparity, it's disheartening to see.
                  This is just where UAH is right now, I for one had great expectations for this season. This isn't a good UAH team, the standards are set low. I expect a lot more from this program and coaching staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAHHerd4 View Post
                    This is just where UAH is right now, I for one had great expectations for this season. This isn't a good UAH team, the standards are set low. I expect a lot more from this program and coaching staff.
                    One of the biggest problems has been goaltending. 2 & 3 years ago, Carm stole plenty of games. Last year LaRose did as well. They haven't had that the second half of the season this year.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                      Hip to knee is tripping. That play was with 2 minutes left in the game.
                      I saw his hip hit above Pohlkamp's knee. Looked clean to me. But I was way off on the time though, so maybe I'm just remembering the whole thing wrong.
                      BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

I saw his hip hit above Pohlkamp's knee. Looked clean to me. But I was way off on the time though, so maybe I'm just remembering the whole thing wrong.
                        With the way the third period was played, anything close to the knee was going to be called, especially when it was 5-0. Bergeron had already been in the ref's ear about the cheap shots (attempted head shot at McLain). It's been a very long time since I've seen him talk to an official during a period.

Comment

I wonder if the boosters/alumni are going to make the seat hot this offseason. I hear a lot of people telling me that they're frustrated.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Kurt Gosselin is the second UAH player to be awarded an All-WCHA award with his All-WCHA third team pick. Max McHugh was all-rookie his freshman year.

At least something came out of this.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              I wonder if the boosters/alumni are going to make the seat hot this offseason. I hear a lot of people telling me that they're frustrated.

GFM
                              How many top head coaches & assistants will apply for the second lowest salaries in the league and a recruiting budget that is far closer the Lake Superior or NMU than it is to Tech, Bemidji or Mankato? And if you're bussing to anywhere other than Bowling Green or Ferris, that makes it a tough sell for players & coaches alike.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                                In the first of two go arounds of coaching interviews at UAA your guy was my first choice.
                                He was very personable and had a background I admired.
                                If he could recruit to the academy I figured he could recruit to anywhere.
                                Lake State, UAA, UAH.
                                Three places tough to recruit to.

Comment

Working...
                                X