Merrimack College Warriors 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College Warriors 2016-17

Taking care of business @ UMass. 3-0 shutout win for Collin Delia. Warriors now unbeaten in 6 straight, and jump over UConn into a 7th place tie with UNH (although UNH holds the tiebreaker). Terrific discipline....only 2 penalties on the night.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Same can't be said for Plevy, who continues to exasperate us Mack fans. Cook seems to be on the end of a lot of punishment.

It's very good to see the Warriors decisively beat a bad team. Hopefully Delia's health issues are behind him and he will continue to be a rock. Now let's beat another bad team this weekend.

Comment

You will up the streak to 8 this weekend
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          You will up the streak to 8 this weekend
          Come on Maine.."do your job" help out UNH will ya???
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
            Same can't be said for Plevy, who continues to exasperate us Mack fans.
            A 5-minute major for interference? Not sure I've ever seen that before!

Comment

hell yea, mack. great win last night - thats how you take care of business. One of the hardest things in collegiate sports is being able to keep that mentality after huge games (BU, BC, ect.) into games against teams that you "should" beat. That's the hallmark of a good team...

Earlier in the season I'm just not sure they knew their identity. Defense first, suffocating teams in the neutral zone, and counterattacking with speed. That's when we're at our best, and when we do that we're **** good.

mental and physical toughness is exactly what Coach Kamal and the S&C staff instill into our teams - and this team really seems to embody that. Majority of our wins are because we just out work people. Hopefully we can keep that up - I think we can. Looking forward to another opportunity this weekend to climb the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                A 5-minute major for interference? Not sure I've ever seen that before!
                Interference: Blindside hits. (Rule 59.1) A category of penalty in the interference rule will
                be added to separate a severe blindside hit from the contact to the head penalty. In these
                cases, a major penalty may be called for blindside contact when the head is not contacted.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  Interference: Blindside hits. (Rule 59.1) A category of penalty in the interference rule will
                  be added to separate a severe blindside hit from the contact to the head penalty. In these
                  cases, a major penalty may be called for blindside contact when the head is not contacted.
                  Thanks, that makes sense!

Comment

Man, if people at MC want to see some real negativity, they should go check out the Maine thread.

Comment

.....and the BU thread is not exactly all hugs and kisses either! #firstworldcollegehockeyproblems

Comment

this streak has been fun to watch. Even down 3-0 last night, never really felt out of it.

Lawler looks like it'll be sold out tonight - hopefully won't be our last home game!

Comment

now unbeaten in 8.. all things considered 3pts out of 4 is a success. Interesting interview between periods with Lashyn saying if fighting was aloud, there would have been some scraps.. definitely an edgy series.

Control our own destiny for home ice - can't ask for much more than that. Ideally I'd prefer UCONN at home in first round..really don't want Northeastern, especially at their place. Terrible matchup for us, as was seen earlier this year.

Comment

Heck of a game!

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Alumni View Post
                              Control our own destiny for home ice - can't ask for much more than that. Ideally I'd prefer UCONN at home in first round..really don't want Northeastern, especially at their place. Terrible matchup for us, as was seen earlier this year.
                              It's funny you say that, with how Merrimack had been playing I don't want any part of them right now. Delia has been great this year, your guys are scoring consistently, no lead seems to be safe. Especially if it's at Lawler, it'll be tough for NU. I'd be having flashbacks to when Tirronen shut us down at Matthews a couple seasons ago!
                              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Tremendous comeback on Friday night to get the win. Not sure how many times in recent years they've come back from 3 goals down to get a win. Coming back to get the tie on Saturday was a good not great result. Again, dug an early hole, came back to tie, gave up an awful goal (Delia wandered WAY too far from the net) and then tied it up (what a great chance by Gustaffson and Seney at the end of OT). Defense was a bit leaky and will need to tighten up vs. UVM.
                                Todd's outstanding Hockey East thread has them anywhere from 5th to 9th. Can only be caught by NU (who has 2 @ Maine) and/or UNH or UConn (who play a home and home).
                                Warriors need to take care of business, win both, and assure themselves of 5th or 6th (depending on what PC does).

Comment

Working...
                                X