Merrimack College Warriors 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Credit where credit is due. 44 saves very impressive.

Some great looks in the first period. I'm not sure if it's MC's fault or UNH's D system changing but MC seemed to be stuck along the board as of the second period, dumping forward instead of walking it in like last night.
    credit where credit is due, indeed. UNH adapted well from Friday night and deserved the W. biggest difference was UNH played like a team with their season on the line and we did not.
    If we stay out of the box and keep throwing pucks on net I like our chances - can't get too cute (like we have at times). Our strength and conditioning has been a huge part of our success this season so we'll see if that plays a factor.
    If last night is any indication, tonight will be a knock-down drag-out brawl.
    Nothing like playoff hockey at lawler!

Comment

• Re: Merrimack College Warriors 2016-17

It'd sure be cool if they would have put this game on NESN, but I guess Charlie Moore Outdoors is too important to preempt

Comment

• Well, dissapointing ending to a memorable season. Sweeping BU, taking 3 from BC were both moments that made me a very proud alum. Would've liked to go further, but what can ya do...

Most importantly, I wish I could thank the seniors. Will never forget my last collegiate game - very emotional and spiritual moment in an athletes life.

Lastly, I don't understand the embellishment rule. How can it be a hooking penalty and a diving penalty at the same time? Surely it must be one or the other? We've seen that so many times this year and it makes no sense. Anyway, looking forward to an even more memorable season next fall. Onwards and upwards.

GO MACK

Comment

Originally posted by MC Alumni View Post
          Lastly, I don't understand the embellishment rule. How can it be a hooking penalty and a diving penalty at the same time? Surely it must be one or the other? We've seen that so many times this year and it makes no sense.
          As I said on one of the other threads ... I agree 100%. I think it's become an officiating cop out, frankly. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw an embellishment call independent of an infraction on the other team.

You have to assume this penalty was created to give the officials something to use to cut back on the diving out there. I mean, 99% of the time, you would think it should be a legit penalty OR a bogus dive to draw a phantom penalty. Having both happen simultaneously seems counter-intuitive - especially as regular as it's called that way.

I suspect it wouldn't have made a difference, but it's a frustrating approach, and I don't blame you in the least.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

I don't get why Bertanga can't have games produced by NESN as well as ASN... You don't need Tom Caron to broadcast a hockey game. Put a locally produced feed on NESN+ even.
            Hobart Statesmen
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            Boston College Eagles
            Providence College Friars

#EasternBias is the only way

Jack O'Callahan: "You know what Coxy let me ask you a question. Why'd you wanna play college hockey?"
            Cox: "Isn't it obvious? For the girls."

Comment

Disappointing. Can't spot a team 2 goals in the first 6 minutes. Delia got tripped up by his own player on the 1st goal (looked like a QB getting tripped by his own OL). Too many bad decisions, ill timed penalties (how many 5-3's did UNH have?) Merrimack had lots of shots, but many of them hit the "N" in the middle of Tirone's jersey (I'll give him credit for good position). Difference was UNH has guys who know how to score (Kelleher, Grasso, and Salvaggio) and their D held up well enough. Delia looked like he was fighting the puck much of the night. Not much problem with the officiating, except that embellishment call was horrible; Chuck, you have it absolutely correct.
              Last edited by RENCEB; 03-06-2017, 09:48 AM.
              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
              X