Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

No, never any problem getting seats at Kenyon Arena. But I think attendance at d3 games in general has suffered because of live streaming and its continued improvement in quality. I saw lots of empty seats at both Plattsburgh games in the Primelink tourney. Why venture out in the cold when you can stay home and sit on the couch with your lager and warm blanket?

If you want to see the recap you will have to visit the Cobber's Athletic website. I couldn't find it at Norwich or even in the Press-Repulsive. Happy reading Norwich fans.
    NU56
    Old Member
    Maybe the Oldest

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    What I observed is that the Norwich speed wore down the lager Cobbers by the end of the First and they never recovered.
    I was wondering in the first if the penalties were going to catch up to Concordia in this regard. Norwich's good puck control meant they had to work their legs quite a bit on their numerous penalty kills. And then I also noticed that they sometimes seemed to go out of their way to deliver a hit.

Sorry everyone, both TV3. and TV5 have good coverage and TV3 used NU's report which is now up on its website. Us old geezers are too used to print, although I really enjoy watching the games streamed to my TV down here in Florida. Nothing like being at the rink and hearing the sounds of the puck and the crowd. Enjoy it Norwich fans, it may be a better season than we thought.
    NU56
    Old Member
    Maybe the Oldest

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by NU56 View Post
    If you want to see the recap you will have to visit the Cobber's Athletic website. I couldn't find it at Norwich or even in the Press-Repulsive. Happy reading Norwich fans.
    NU56
    Old Member
    Maybe the Oldest
    The Norwich recap was up at 10:47pm last night. It would have been a little earlier but I was waiting on a championship team picture.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be so critical........I was in a hurry to read a recap and must have flubbed it looking at you site. You have done an outstanding job at Norwich and don't need any halfa--ed critical remarks from any old geezer, even if it is me.
    NU56
    Old Member
    Maybe the Oldest

Up several spots in the polls ... biggest weekend of the season coming up ... need big crowds ... so who is coming and who are you bringing?

Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Up several spots in the polls ... biggest weekend of the season coming up ... need big crowds ... so who is coming and who are you bringing?
    I'll be there with bells on.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I'll be there with bells on.
    Throw back weekend ??? Bell Bottoms ???

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Wish I could be there but I'll be streaming the games. The afternoon start on Saturday actually works better for me this week. This weekend will go a long ways towards either validating or tempering the enthusiasm that was earned last weekend.
    Norwich '13

Great video produced by Ronny DiMasi on Coach McShane's 700th win.

Going to need Facebook I think to view it: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Norwich-...=page_internal
    GO LAKERS!!!
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Beyond the games themselves which should be insentive enough ..this is Whiteout Weekend ... there is a big holiday toy drive ... and special ceremonies Friday night to honor the Coach for #700 ... no excuses ... BE THERE!

Beyond the games themselves which should be insentive enough ..this is Whiteout Weekend ... there is a holiday toy drive and more ... no excuses ... BE THERE!
    Last edited by PuckVoice; 11-29-2016 at 11:27 PM.

Fan Of Div III Hockey, GO NORWICH

Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Beyond the games themselves which should be insentive enough ..this is Whiteout Weekend ... there is a holiday toy drive and more ... no excuses ... BE THERE!
    So wish I could, but I am here in Florida and while no snow is nice, I do miss Norwich hockey. I will be watching on line and waiting to hear you call the game!
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Does any body know the status of our hurt players? Will and Tyler.
    I remember the last time they went all the way , with the Shrader twins and Mr. Allan. They were ranked pretty low like this year and each game they kept inching up in the standings. Who knows maybe they can get better and better with each passing game this year.
    Is Babson and UMASS the teams to beat again this year? This could be a very telling weekend for them. I sure hope they can keep turning up the heat, hotter and hotter on the other teams.

To illustrate a previously discussed topic:

This weekend the Cadets, fresh off an impressive Primelink championship, welcome UMass-Boston, the preseason #1 in the conference, and Babson, the preseason #3 in the conference. And yet, based off my Facebook feed, it appears that the biggest game of the weekend is the club team welcoming West Point to Kreitzberg.

Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    To illustrate a previously discussed topic:

This weekend the Cadets, fresh off an impressive Primelink championship, welcome UMass-Boston, the preseason #1 in the conference, and Babson, the preseason #3 in the conference. And yet, based off my Facebook feed, it appears that the biggest game of the weekend is the club team welcoming West Point to Kreitzberg.
    It would be to the Corps.

Prezde - you need that cannon!

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    It would be to the Corps.

Prezde - you need that cannon!
    Anytime Norwich plays West Point in anything it's a big deal - for us, anyways. Hell, my senior year we did a march down through Northfield for the women's rugby game against West Point (granted, both teams were recent national champions). But to your point, when the Corps is 2/3 of the student body, then games like this illustrate perfectly our recent discussion of declining crowds/student enthusiasm. In an era of identity politics that influences everything from the cereal you buy to the beer you drink, having a college flagship team that 2/3 of the students don't identify with is a bit of a marketing problem. I don't have a good answer.

Are the students required to live on campus? I know when Redlight was at Salem St, the non freshman lived off campus. One, it was a heck of a lot cheaper and two, the hockey team was older than the student body in general. There were two hockey houses (both well behaved) that housed 7 or 8 players in toto. The rest were scattered in other rental housing in town.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    4 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016.

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Are the students required to live on campus? I know when Redlight was at Salem St, the non freshman lived off campus. One, it was a heck of a lot cheaper and two, the hockey team was older than the student body in general. There were two hockey houses (both well behaved) that housed 7 or 8 players in toto. The rest were scattered in other rental housing in town.
    For the last three years it was VERY difficult to get off campus. Basically required. However, due to a HUGE freshmen class this year, the housing policy is going to be loosened up again allowing civilians a much easier to route to live off campus if they prefer. NU built a new dorm that has been around two years now for civilians that they wanted to make sure was filled up so they tightened the housing policy.
    GO LAKERS!!!
    Oswego State '09

Thread Information