Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

The long-anticipated 2016 Norwich men's hockey recruiting class announcement:

http://www.norwichathletics.com/x/k3nwv
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

A big class ... a lot of talent ... looking forward to seeing them in action.

Looks like a talented bunch on paper, excited to see them on the ice! With only 17 returnees that leaves a good amount that won't be returning. In my impatience I did some digging, looks Like Justin Charb will not be back as he is now at the University of Ottawa. He is one we will be sure to miss but hope he does well up there and is certainly saving some cash I'm sure.

I was mainly looking at jersey numbers the Freshman were taking and seeing who held them last year (I know that neglects the possibility of players changing numbers) but another surprise to me was Austin Evans. I was impressed with him last year and for some reason the kid reminded me of a Travis Janke type. Always sad to see players leave early but sometimes that's how it goes. None the less looks to be an exciting year again with a lot of new faces.

Hey folks ... the ice is in ... the recruiting list is out. Where is the chatter?

Colorado Cadets Fan

It is really hard to know what to expect this year. An awful lot of turnover - the numbers look pretty good for some of the new kids, but (as always) the big question is attitude and commitment. I think from my long distance view that some of last years guys didn't have the commitment to really push on. The other thing that I've noticed over the years is that the Cadets seem to do best when they have a "go to guy" - the kind of player who can take the team on his back and pull things together when things are not going well just by the force of his personality as well as his ability. Seems like the last couple of years we have had players with that ability level, but nobody with that combination of leadership and ability. I could just be wrong about this, too, because when I was working and having contact with the players as students, I could really see who had that kind of ability. Just seeing games on video and listening to the audio doesn't give me the same kind of insight.

As always, your mileage may vary
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Aa always there will be a multitute of factors playing into this season ... but in my view the biggest one is simple ... keep Will Pelletier healthy ... if he plays every night this team has a chance to be real good.

Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Aa always there will be a multitute of factors playing into this season ... but in my view the biggest one is simple ... keep Will Pelletier healthy ... if he plays every night this team has a chance to be real good.
    Absolutely. As I've stated more than once, during the "debacle" which was last season, the entire roster was healthy/available for one week. That week included an overtime game with the defending national champs, a blowout of Wesleyan, and a blowout of Platty.

If we stay healthy, it'll be another great winter in Northfield.

Colorado Cadets Fan

Certainly WP could be the guy that I was talking about above. The problem has been that he has not stayed healthy long enough to have the kind of impact we all hope that he can provide.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Proud New Englander living in Ohio.

Do any of you guys know how much single game tickets are and also what availability would be like for the PrimeLink tournament? I might be in Vermont over winter break and was thinking about catching a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye22 View Post
    Do any of you guys know how much single game tickets are and also what availability would be like for the PrimeLink tournament? I might be in Vermont over winter break and was thinking about catching a game.
    I think you're thinking of the Times-Argus (or whatever the name is now).

Ya Northfield bank or whatever. Idk where I got Primelink from.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye22 View Post
    Once they go on sale, you should be able to get tickets here:
    http://cadetstickets.universityticke...t_listings.asp

I don't imagine it'll be difficult to get tix.

r

Quote Originally Posted by cetihcra View Post
    Once they go on sale, you should be able to get tickets here:
    http://cadetstickets.universityticke...t_listings.asp

I don't imagine it'll be difficult to get tix.

r
    Tickets at Kreitzberg are $11.00 for a reserved seat, $9.00 for adult Standing, and $6.00 for youth standing.

Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GOWICH View Post
    Tickets at Kreitzberg are $11.00 for a reserved seat, $9.00 for adult Standing, and $6.00 for youth standing.
    #pricegouging
    /tic

Prezde

Any luck on getting the goal cannon?

Quote Originally Posted by GOWICH View Post
    Thanks for the info!
    Frozen Four: 1998

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017

R.I.P. CCHA 1971-2013

Fan Of Div III Hockey, GO NORWICH

While the temps are still warm here in Florida, I here there is Ice at Norwich and I am wondering where all the posters are? Exhibition game next weekend and I can't wait to watch the new players to see what we've got. People have talked about Will being the key player we need to stay healthy and I agree with that. However, I can't imagine McShane putting all that pressure on one player. Hopefully the rookies have come with stick skills and sniper shots as well as defensive skills to match up with Brandrup and Rowland.

Prez, when will the official roster be posted? I am curious about who is still with the team from last years rookies. I know that some numbers have been assigned to the rookies, but did players like Austin Evans and Justin Charbonneau switch numbers, or have they left NU?

Hope this board get's busier, I miss the conversations and info.
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
    While the temps are still warm here in Florida, I here there is Ice at Norwich and I am wondering where all the posters are? Exhibition game next weekend and I can't wait to watch the new players to see what we've got. People have talked about Will being the key player we need to stay healthy and I agree with that. However, I can't imagine McShane putting all that pressure on one player. Hopefully the rookies have come with stick skills and sniper shots as well as defensive skills to match up with Brandrup and Rowland.

Prez, when will the official roster be posted? I am curious about who is still with the team from last years rookies. I know that some numbers have been assigned to the rookies, but did players like Austin Evans and Justin Charbonneau switch numbers, or have they left NU?

Hope this board get's busier, I miss the conversations and info.
    Exhibition won't be streamed. Evans and Charbonneau are not back. Look for the roster to be posted mid next week.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Exhibition won't be streamed. Evans and Charbonneau are not back. Look for the roster to be posted mid next week.
    While the exhibition won't be streamed I will be there and will file a report afterwards.l Justin Charbonneau is at the University of Ottawa and scored his first goal for them Wednesday night.

While the exhibition won't be streamed I will be there and will file a report afterwards.l Justin Charbonneau is at the University of Ottawa and scored his first goal for them Wednesday night.
    The roster is now up on the Norwich website.

Thread Information