Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 803

Thread: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

  1. #521
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,317

    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    Quote Originally Posted by 802Hockey View Post
    Never seen a player try to fight McShane before...leave it to Castleton
    As GECO's commercials say, "when you're Castleton, that's what you do."
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  2. #522
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8

    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    As GECO's commercials say, "when you're Castleton, that's what you do."

    I was very impressed with Salvucci's goals - and the quality of the lot of them. I only saw them on the live feed/news, did anyone get a closer look? Were they as nice as they seemed? One from almost no angle on the red line?

  3. #523
    Cadets fan by marriage
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    479

    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwich802 View Post
    I was very impressed with Salvucci's goals - and the quality of the lot of them. I only saw them on the live feed/news, did anyone get a closer look? Were they as nice as they seemed? One from almost no angle on the red line?
    The one up under the crossbar was especially sweet.
    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

  4. #524
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by 802Hockey View Post
    Never seen a player try to fight McShane before...leave it to Castleton
    There was this earlier reference to a Castleton play going after McShane. For those of us who lost our video with five minutes to go...can someone add to what actually happen. Were there fights at the end?

    Other than the hat trick I thought NU looked flat last night for too much of the game. Like I said, "Thanks Kevin for the hat trick."

    As for NEC. At one time they tended to deal with their frustration in any game they saw as going south by acting the way Castleton did last night. That was then. NEC has quietly gone about their business this year. Their NE Hockey Coference offensive and defensive numbers, their penalty time per game, power play and penalty kill percentages all are comparable to Norwich's. That and the fact that while both meetings earlier this season were NU wins...they were one goal wins. This will be no easy game. Good luck NU.
    Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 02-26-2017 at 02:24 PM.

  5. #525
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
    There was this earlier reference to a Castleton play going after McShane. For those of us who lost our video with five minutes to go...can someone add to what actually happen. Were there fights at the end?

    Other than the hat trick I thought NU looked flat last night for too much of the game. Like I said, "Thanks Kevin for the hat trick."

    As for NEC. At one time they tended to deal with their frustration in any game they saw as going south by acting the way Castleton did last night. That was then. NEC has quietly gone about their business this year. Their NE Hockey Coference offensive and defensive numbers, their penalty time per game, power play and penalty kill percentages all are comparable to Norwich's. That and the fact that while both meetings earlier this season were NU wins...they were one goal wins. This will be no easy game. Good luck NU.
    Just the kid having words with Coach McShane. Second year in a row this scenario has played out...

  6. #526
    Cadets fan by marriage
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    479

    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    Quote Originally Posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
    Just the kid having words with Coach McShane. Second year in a row this scenario has played out...
    Whatever was said, it was enough to have McShane's assistants need to physically restrain him (while on the ice) from going after the kid. No exaggeration. I've never seen that before.
    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

  7. #527
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Randolph, VT
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by peddler View Post
    Whatever was said, it was enough to have McShane's assistants need to physically restrain him (while on the ice) from going after the kid. No exaggeration. I've never seen that before.
    Didn't get any direct quote but heard the kid threatened McShane in some manner.

    To answer the question on Salvuccis goals they were likely prettier in person, that first one was gorgeous especially the move to get past the D man.

    2nd period the boys lost their heads a bit I feel after that weird sequence that led to Castletons first goal. They were frustrated and you could clearly see how it affected their play. Hope they don't let things like that affect them as much in the future.
    Last edited by 802Hockey; 02-26-2017 at 06:41 PM.

  8. #528
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,470

    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    As GECO's commercials say, "when you're Castleton, that's what you do."
    Gotta love that one


    "FEAR THE BIRD!"

  9. #529
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    5,497
    Quote Originally Posted by peddler View Post
    Whatever was said, it was enough to have McShane's assistants need to physically restrain him (while on the ice) from going after the kid. No exaggeration. I've never seen that before.
    I believe the player also had an issue with another game official (not in stripes) which was verbalized
    Last edited by jerrynu26; 02-27-2017 at 08:01 AM.

  10. #530
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,466

    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrynu26 View Post
    I believe the player also had an issue with another game official (not in stripes) which was verbalized
    Those are the fun ones!

  11. #531
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    52

    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    Rumor has it , that the #25 player talking with McShane said something to the affect that he wanted to shake his f------ hand and say good f----- luck ,because he never shakes there hands when the games are over. How does the song go "straight to the heart" ,Maybe he wanted to play at Norwich and was overlooked , who knows.

    I was surprised it wasn't # 4 as we was for sure trying to egg Norwich players into penaltys. He seemed to be playing dirty all night. Not sure why Castelton has choose to be this way. They continue to not get much respect. Correct me if wrong, but back in the days of heated up games with Middlebury and Plattsburgh didn't seem to be so disrespectfull, am I wrong?

  12. #532
    Cadets fan by marriage
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    479

    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    The thing that has always impressed me about the Cadets is that they have always appeared to want to just play hockey. If an opponent starts to be more physical, the Cadets have always been willing to step up and meet them, but it never seems to "start" with the Cadets. Am I biased?

    Regarding other teams playing beyond "hard hits", I tend to remember games rather than teams. A war with Wentworth comes to mind, since which we haven't seen the Leopards on our ice, and aren't likely to.
    Certainly the majority of the games played back in the interlock were more hockey, less war, than what we saw Saturday.
    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

  13. #533
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,317

    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Correct me if wrong, but back in the days of heated up games with Middlebury and Plattsburgh didn't seem to be so disrespectfull, am I wrong?
    You aren't wrong. In fact some people criticized the rivalries because the teams didn't "hate each other enough."
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  14. #534
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    You aren't wrong. In fact some people criticized the rivalries because the teams didn't "hate each other enough."
    The castleton* rivalry, across all three seasons, is pretty intense. There is a palpable mutual disdain.

    *I never capitalize castleton

  15. #535
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,317

    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    Quote Originally Posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
    The castleton* rivalry, across all three seasons, is pretty intense. There is a palpable mutual disdain.

    *I never capitalize castleton
    CSC was the main reason that the Interlock broke up. The NESCAC schools did not want to play them.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  16. #536
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    52

    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    That being said, it would seem like the number one goal for CSC would have been to "clean up there act". I kind of thought that had something to do with the last coach leaving. Must be bad habits even for a team can be hard to break, even after many seasons have gone by.
    How about the crowd size? Have not seen that in quite some time. You really had to look for an empty seat. We sure hope this Saturday's crowd is the same size and ready to go. We just love cheering the guys on and it would seem like it is all worth it for them to have another team come in and see how big the crowd is. Nothing like an extra player. Makes you proud to be a fan!!Nothing quite like it. My money says the Refs will be just a wee bit closer to the goings on after the next game is over.

  17. #537
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    That being said, it would seem like the number one goal for CSC would have been to "clean up there act". I kind of thought that had something to do with the last coach leaving. Must be bad habits even for a team can be hard to break, even after many seasons have gone by.
    How about the crowd size? Have not seen that in quite some time. You really had to look for an empty seat. We sure hope this Saturday's crowd is the same size and ready to go. We just love cheering the guys on and it would seem like it is all worth it for them to have another team come in and see how big the crowd is. Nothing like an extra player. Makes you proud to be a fan!!Nothing quite like it. My money says the Refs will be just a wee bit closer to the goings on after the next game is over.
    I agree. It was a great crowd. Hope we can replicate this weekend for the finals. I think the biggest we've had in at least 2 or 3 years.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  18. #538
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    5,497
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I agree. It was a great crowd. Hope we can replicate this weekend for the finals. I think the biggest we've had in at least 2 or 3 years.
    and I will, unfortunately, miss it.....
    Last edited by jerrynu26; 03-02-2017 at 08:39 AM.

  19. #539
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    5,497
    ba-bump.

  20. #540
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nantucket, MA
    Posts
    3,052

    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    Congratulations prezzzz....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •