Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
    The freshman arrived this weekend and the team is gelling! Congrats Norwich on your 9th Primelink Championship I wasn't so sure you could win it against Concordia after watching them play P-burgh last night. However, I am thankful I was wrong, this was the best I have seen Norwich in some time. Bring on UMB and Babson, Norwich will be ready for you next weekend!
    I was heading back to Virginia today from Boston, and the bumper-to-bumper traffic that stretched from Hartford to NYC gave me a lot of time alone with my thoughts. And, of the various topics that entered my mind, one was "Well, at least we beat Middlebury." No one was giving the Cadets much of a chance tonight, including myself. Hats off to them. We have a contender.
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
      I was heading back to Virginia today from Boston, and the bumper-to-bumper traffic that stretched from Hartford to NYC gave me a lot of time alone with my thoughts. And, of the various topics that entered my mind, one was "Well, at least we beat Middlebury." No one was giving the Cadets much of a chance tonight, including myself. Hats off to them. We have a contender.
      I think we do, considering who we played without this weekend.

My contention has been, those who say "can anyone catch UMass-Boston?" are (at least in the moment) idiots. It shows, IMO, a total lack of understanding of how team sports actually work. UMB had a great year last year, and Norwich was down. To imply that they have blown by NU, as a program, is ridiculous.

I suppose we'll see next weekend. Maybe I'm the idiot...

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Hustle, skate, pass, and back-check like that, and we're in for some very exciting Cadet hockey. I would think the coaches & players are pleased this evening. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post
          Hustle, skate, pass, and back-check like that, and we're in for some very exciting Cadet hockey. I would think the coaches & players are pleased this evening. Well done!
          What I observed is that the Norwich speed wore down the lager Cobbers by the end of the First and they never recovered.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            What I observed is that the Norwich speed wore down the lager Cobbers by the end of the First and they never recovered.
            Gotta watch those lagers, they'll eff you up. Switch to bourbon early.

r

Comment

No, never any problem getting seats at Kenyon Arena. But I think attendance at d3 games in general has suffered because of live streaming and its continued improvement in quality. I saw lots of empty seats at both Plattsburgh games in the Primelink tourney. Why venture out in the cold when you can stay home and sit on the couch with your lager and warm blanket?

Comment

If you want to see the recap you will have to visit the Cobber's Athletic website. I couldn't find it at Norwich or even in the Press-Repulsive. Happy reading Norwich fans.
                NU56
                Old Member
                Maybe the Oldest

NU56
                Old Member
                Maybe the Oldest

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  I was wondering in the first if the penalties were going to catch up to Concordia in this regard. Norwich's good puck control meant they had to work their legs quite a bit on their numerous penalty kills. And then I also noticed that they sometimes seemed to go out of their way to deliver a hit.
                  Norwich '13

Comment

Sorry everyone, both TV3. and TV5 have good coverage and TV3 used NU's report which is now up on its website. Us old geezers are too used to print, although I really enjoy watching the games streamed to my TV down here in Florida. Nothing like being at the rink and hearing the sounds of the puck and the crowd. Enjoy it Norwich fans, it may be a better season than we thought.
                    NU56
                    Old Member
                    Maybe the Oldest

NU56
                    Old Member
                    Maybe the Oldest

Comment

• Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                      If you want to see the recap you will have to visit the Cobber's Athletic website. I couldn't find it at Norwich or even in the Press-Repulsive. Happy reading Norwich fans.
                      NU56
                      Old Member
                      Maybe the Oldest
                      The Norwich recap was up at 10:47pm last night. It would have been a little earlier but I was waiting on a championship team picture.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Sorry, I didn't mean to be so critical........I was in a hurry to read a recap and must have flubbed it looking at you site. You have done an outstanding job at Norwich and don't need any halfa--ed critical remarks from any old geezer, even if it is me.
                        NU56
                        Old Member
                        Maybe the Oldest

NU56
                        Old Member
                        Maybe the Oldest

Comment

• Up several spots in the polls ... biggest weekend of the season coming up ... need big crowds ... so who is coming and who are you bringing?

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                            Up several spots in the polls ... biggest weekend of the season coming up ... need big crowds ... so who is coming and who are you bringing?
                            I'll be there with bells on.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              I'll be there with bells on.
                              Throw back weekend ??? Bell Bottoms ???

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Wish I could be there but I'll be streaming the games. The afternoon start on Saturday actually works better for me this week. This weekend will go a long ways towards either validating or tempering the enthusiasm that was earned last weekend.
                                Norwich '13

Comment

Working...
                                X