Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
    Thanks. I was looking at the Norwich team page on USCHO and they have us playing Adrian at 3 PM.
    That was also the time listed in the NCAA bracket after all four of last nights games were completed. I don't know how the two time slots are allotted, but I'm sure someone here does.
    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
      Interesting. Have you done the same exercise to compare NU to Adrian?
      The numbers against St Norbert are very similar to those of Hamilton, rather than Adrian. Again this is all just ballparking apparent strengths and weaknesses.
      The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

As I look back at some of the numbers from the 2010 team, the thing (amazingly) that stands out the most is Klinger's 1.2947 GAA over the entire 28 games he played through the NCAA Championship. (Ryan Klingensmith)

Comment

• Originally posted by peddler View Post
          That was also the time listed in the NCAA bracket after all four of last nights games were completed. I don't know how the two time slots are allotted, but I'm sure someone here does.
          The women's final 4 games were 3 & 7 as well.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            The women's final 4 games were 3 & 7 as well.
            We were talking about who gets which slot, rather than the start times associated with each game. NCAA site currently has SNC/Trinity at 3pm, and Norwich/Adrian at 6:30pm. Last night those two games/times were reversed.

Comment

There was an error in the official schedule that was posted on NCAA.com that has now been corrected.

Norwich will be playing at 6:30 p.m. vs. Adrian. St. Norbert plays Trinity at 3 p.m. Championship is Saturday at 7pm.

More information later this week. Tickets are available on Utica's website and there is a direct link on www.norwichathletics.com. More information will be made available later in the week. We will find out what the official "Norwich" sections will be tomorrow on the conference call and that information will be made available as soon as I have it.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                There was an error in the official schedule that was posted on NCAA.com that has now been corrected.

Norwich will be playing at 6:30 p.m. vs. Adrian. St. Norbert plays Trinity at 3 p.m. Championship is Saturday at 7pm.

More information later this week. Tickets are available on Utica's website and there is a direct link on www.norwichathletics.com. More information will be made available later in the week. We will find out what the official "Norwich" sections will be tomorrow on the conference call and that information will be made available as soon as I have it.
                I knew there would be "someone". Do we know how the time slots were determined?

(In some smoke-filled room?)
                Last edited by peddler; 03-19-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                  Seeing now that SNC/Trinity play in the opener according to D3 hockey and the NCAA sites..
                  Coaches don't get to choose, the NCAA does. McShane always picked the early game when the ECAC East had the final four format. The NCAA rules are that the #1 seed for the host region plays the late game, unless the host team is playing. Since Utica didn't make it, that slot goes to Norwich.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    Coaches don't get to choose, the NCAA does. McShane always picked the early game when the ECAC East had the final four format. The NCAA rules are that the #1 seed for the host region plays the late game, unless the host team is playing. Since Utica didn't make it, that slot goes to Norwich.
                    Prof, I see where the host team is addressed, but can't see where the #1 seed for the host region gets the late game.

"The national semifinals will start at 3 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Eastern time, Friday, March 24. The committee will determine the
                    order of games. If applicable, the host will play in the late game."

Unless "host" means highest host region seed.
                    Last edited by peddler; 03-19-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peddler View Post
                      Prof, see where the host team is addressed, but can't see where the #1 seed for the host region gets the late game.

"The national semifinals will start at 3 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Eastern time, Friday, March 24. The committee will determine the
                      order of games. If applicable, the host will play in the late game."

Unless "host" means highest host region seed.
                      That is what it has been interpreted as in the past when there was no "host" in the field.

That rule was written back in the days of not having a predetermined site.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I always liked the 2010 team right from there first game of the season they played in Maine. They just looked good ,and you knew they were going places. The Schrader twins were the best, along with Tory Allen. Yup #7, I gave him the nickname of Lucky. We thought there magic was in large part due to there ability to be able to switch gears when needed, play fast , play slow, hit or no hit, but they always had control of the game and no one could change that. Teams they played were sometimes afraid of there talent. Klinger was so good in the double over time, they could not loose. Thanks for the great season guys. We love watching you. And Thanks for bringing back the big crowds. This years team has moments of greatness , with and with out control of games so far. . Who will they play in goal? If they can pull this off we can then say they were as good as the 2010 team too. They can do it. Go Cadets!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          That is what it has been interpreted as in the past when there was no "host" in the field.

That rule was written back in the days of not having a predetermined site.
                          I have long figured I am far to old to worry about the NCAA. But when I read about how teams are selected...who gets byes...and now who plays at what time...I shake my head and realize the NCAA is one big shell game designed to confuse schools...players...coaches...parents...fans ...and opponents. I give up. I know now that NU plays at 6:30 and I guess that's all I am suppose to know. I do appreciate everyone's help in understanding the logic of it all.
                          Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                          Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

• Originally posted by peddler View Post
                            As I look back at some of the numbers from the 2010 team, the thing (amazingly) that stands out the most is Klinger's 1.2947 GAA over the entire 28 games he played through the NCAA Championship. (Ryan Klingensmith)
                            I remember Klinger very well...actually chatted with he and his folks the morning of that final game. I also remember that St. Norbert's goalie...O'Brien I think was his name...stopped sixty some shots in almost five periods (two OTs)...and while losing was named to the all Tournament team. The kid did it all except stand on his head. What I like about NU's situation now is we have two very capable goalies instead of the just one Klingensmith we had back then.
                            Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 03-19-2017, 08:54 PM.
                            Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                            Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              There is no such rule.
                              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

• Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                                There is no such rule.
                                Not a rule, I imagine calls were made. They gave them a choice.

r

Comment

Working...
                                X