Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NU56 View Post
    I'm sorry I can't be in Utica to watch this Final Four, but health and age prevent me from making the trip north from Florida. Anyway, I believe this team has the makings of going all the way and come home to Northfield with the hardware. If it doesn't happen, it just doesn't, but this team is as good as we've had and belongs up there with the best of them. Anything can happen in a game of seconds and inches, but I think we have the team "chemistry" to win it all.
    Whatever happens, they have given us a great season of hockey and deserve all the support we can give them.
    Best of luck for the weekend and the futures of these fine young men who have worked so hard to get here. I had the good fortune to meet several of the seniors on the occasion of our 60th Reunion dinner held at Al Wilder's home in Brookfield. I'm very proud of this team and what they have accomplished .
    Nothing more needs to be said...its all here from NU56. 20 minutes to game time...Go Cadets
    Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
    Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

If any posters are at the game tonight, please let us know how the turnout is in sections 102 and 202. We couldn't make the trip tonight, but we'll be there tomorrow. Hoping we can get 4 decent seats together.
      Go Norwich!
      Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Don't worry about it, there are an abundance of seats
        2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
        2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
        2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
        2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Copy that, thanks!
          Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
            If any posters are at the game tonight, please let us know how the turnout is in sections 102 and 202. We couldn't make the trip tonight, but we'll be there tomorrow. Hoping we can get 4 decent seats together.
            Go Norwich!
            Attendance combined for both games is just over 1500 from today. The building seats almost 4K. seats will not be an issue. There are A LOT of Norwich fans filling up 102 and 202 though.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Wow... that was close! Great game by Adriian. One could argue that they outplayed the Cadets for much of the game.

Wish I was there but it is sort of neat sitting on my lanai in shorts and a tee-shirt watching Cadets hockey on the 65" widescreen with PuckVoice play-by-play. Thank you WDEV.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. Go Cadets!!!

Comment

Nice team effort Cadets, you did what you know best, which is play together to get to your goal. Do it again tomorrow, we'll be watching.
                There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Attendance combined for both games is just over 1500 from today. The building seats almost 4K. seats will not be an issue. There are A LOT of Norwich fans filling up 102 and 202 though.
                  One of the security guys told me that a lot of Comets STHs bought tickets for tomorrow only, and that they were expecting much higher attendance than today.
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                  SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                  ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                  NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                  NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                  NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                  NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Is Norwich "good" yet?

Comment

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                      Is Norwich "good" yet?
                      One more win.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by nujack View Post
                        Wow... that was close! Great game by Adriian. One could argue that they outplayed the Cadets for much of the game.

Wish I was there but it is sort of neat sitting on my lanai in shorts and a tee-shirt watching Cadets hockey on the 65" widescreen with PuckVoice play-by-play. Thank you WDEV.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. Go Cadets!!!
                        I wish I had been there too...but the real fun these days is down here South of... DA WALL. But what great game by Adrian and to be honest they played a far more disciplined game than their reputation led me to expect. They were tough, organized and really put on the pressure especially from that moment immediately following that fourth NU goal. Then they played their game for almost the entire 3rd period. Hats off to them. My biggest concern in the OT is I thought...and I may be wrong...but NU looked tired. And actually more tired than I can recall any recent NU team. Did others see it that way? But like Champions... they reach down and delivered. Congratulations to BOTH teams--both schools and their fans should be proud. One more game...Go Cadets
                        Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 03-24-2017, 10:15 PM.
                        Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          One more win.
                          I don't think so. They're good. They're very good. And if they finish as national runner-up, they're still good. Best of all, despite the fact that they're losing some phenomenal players, I think the future is bright too.

It's almost like I knew what I was talking about when I said they'd bring in a good freshman class and be back in the FINAL four this year 😋

Comment

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                            I don't think so. They're good. They're very good. And if they finish as national runner-up, they're still good. Best of all, despite the fact that they're losing some phenomenal players, I think the future is bright too.

It's almost like I knew what I was talking about when I said they'd bring in a good freshman class and be back in the FINAL four this year ��
                            That was a heck of a game. I was nervous with what happened during the end of third period. Then I had to go out to dinner and was incommunicado for a while - I saw the score, and watched the replay of the OT. Wow that was scary - I'm glad I knew the result so I didn't get panicky when there were some defensive issues early in OT. Great game and hopefully tomorrow I can watch with no interruptions.

This is a good team - no doubt about it. Guess this year, we schooled the (mid)West. We beat the Smurfs in the quarters, now just beat the Chickens.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              That was a heck of a game. I was nervous with what happened during the end of third period. Then I had to go out to dinner and was incommunicado for a while - I saw the score, and watched the replay of the OT. Wow that was scary - I'm glad I knew the result so I didn't get panicky when there were some defensive issues early in OT. Great game and hopefully tomorrow I can watch with no interruptions.

This is a good team - no doubt about it. Guess this year, we schooled the (mid)West. We beat the Smurfs in the quarters, now just beat the Chickens.
                              NU Prof...I recall another NCAA playoff when we met in Lake Placid...and again it was a Freshman Pier Oliver Coutiner who brought home the bacon in that OT marathon vs. St. Norbert's. Not sure at this point anyone is teaching anyone...and to be honest...I like the idea of Trinity. They have a good club for sure...but I believe we can give them a good game. Go Cadets.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                                NU Prof...I recall another NCAA playoff when we met in Lake Placid...and again it was a Freshman Pier Oliver Coutiner who brought home the bacon in that OT marathon vs. St. Norbert's. Not sure at this point anyone is teaching anyone...and to be honest...I like the idea of Trinity. They have a good club for sure...but I believe we can give them a good game. Go Cadets.
                                I remember that game well. One of the most exciting games I ever saw. Hopefully these guys can make it happen. I'm proud of Norwich and the way that they play the game with integrity and ability. One more game. The "schooling comment" was directed at certain posters from the west who claimed that the final game was going to come down to UWSP and SNC. Not so much an all West final.
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X