Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Hey Puck Voice. Is there any way to here a replay call of yours of the game? Thanks
    Here's the final call...
    http://wdevradio.com/your-station-for-norwich-hockey/
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

PSU...I think we agree on more than we disagree on, at the end of they day. Frankly, I kind of enjoy going back and forth with you. I probably went over a line with slight name calling, and I do apologize for that - even though something tells me you weren't the least bit offended.

My real ire was directed at the ridiculous Chicken Littles last offseason and their subsequent reactions this year. I am not a knee-jerk guy (most of the time), and if you stepped back and looked at the season, it was easy to be optimistic that the Cadets would rebound.

I hope we can find something to argue about this offseason 😀

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
        Here's the final call...
        http://wdevradio.com/your-station-for-norwich-hockey/
        I'm not seeing it.

Or hearing it, for that matter.

Edit: So weird. The link on the WDEV Facebook sends me to a page that has the call. But when I copy the link it's the same one the jerry posted and that sent me to the homepage. So if you're looking for the call, try going through the WDEV facebook.
        Last edited by NU Pastime; 03-28-2017, 07:38 PM.
        Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          .a small leak from the Norwich SID would be gladly appreciated
          Norwich plays at Hobart on Nov. 11.

Full NU schedule will be available at the banquet on Saturday.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Norwich plays at Hobart on Nov. 11.

Full NU schedule will be available at the banquet on Saturday.
            Consider it marked! Parkers for lunch.
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

First senior has signed a professional contract! Congrats to Ty Reichenbach for signing with the Roanoke Yard Rail Dogs of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL)!

http://railyarddawgs.pointstreaksite...47/news_472068
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                First senior has signed a professional contract! Congrats to Ty Reichenbach for signing with the Roanoke Yard Rail Dogs of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL)!

http://railyarddawgs.pointstreaksite...47/news_472068
                Congrats to Ty. Couldn't have happened for a better kid!

Comment

Thanks for the last call by puck voice. To bad we couldn't here both games, fully. I would like to add my thoughts on the year. This season started for me when during the labor day parade I look up and down over the hill comes the Norwich Cadet Hockey team. Lead by a truck who with no signs or anything, had Phil Scott as a driver. The banner the Cadets were carrying said National Champs on it. My first thought was , wow that is kind of different, then as they got closer you could see the years marked that they had been champions so far. I thought , Phil Scott is a classy kind of guy, I bet he wins Govenor. As for the Cadets I hoped they would have a good year.
                  I always think that the Playoffs really tend to lean to the coaches more than the players. My hat is off to McShane and company as they got them some how back into the Bull Dog game. I have to credit them a lot for this win. I thought all year all 4 lines played pretty well, but during this weekend when Will and Kevin needed to , they stepped on the gas for NU.
                  Another comment is the fans. That is all we wanted was some full houses to watch the Cadets play, and we got it. Some how the fan base just kept growing all year. I was not lucky enough during the hay days of Norwich/Middlebury games as George says the double over time game at Norwich was probably the most memorable, to be following them. But that aside this was the best fan season for me since about 2005 or maybe 2006. I can not think of anything that is as much fun on a cold Winters nite in Vermont then to watch the Norwich Cadets light up say Salem to a packed house just helping the boys as much as we fans can. I know you can not measure it but I wonder how much we really helped the guys. It seemed like the fans and the team really needed each other this season in a great way.
                  We were talking with one of the players Mom at Utica and she said that her son at Home only played for about 30 people or so. And he loved playing at Norwich because of the fans. They were from deep in Canada and after playing Salem she had inquired about buying tickets to get here in case they made it to the frozen four and her son said with out hesitation, " don't worry just buy them Mom, were going to the Frozen Four". As time marches by we all realize how lucky and greatful for such things we are. It has been a great pleasure to have been witness to this entire season. And I now know the next time I see the next Cadet hockey team marching in the labor day parade with the banner, they will now be carrying this years winning season Championship number on the banner . Some big shoes to fill. See you all next year.

Comment

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                    Maybe instead of picking a fight with a fellow Norwich fan, you (and others) should pay attention when someone might actually have some insight and know what they're talking about.
                    KBRFLINT03, if you think my comment was "picking a fight with a fellow Norwich fan" you need to stick around for a while more. As for "iron sights", you blasted your comment out there without any specific target, and deserve whatever response you get from those who were having an entirely different conversation. After watching the Cadets faithfully for over 13 seasons, those of us with the experience of having seen at least 2 NCAA titles had every reason to question the national quality of this team right up until the Adrian overtime victory. Get a little more perspective and state your targets. You'll get less sh*t.
                    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by peddler View Post
                      KBRFLINT03, if you think my comment was "picking a fight with a fellow Norwich fan" you need to stick around for a while more. As for "iron sights", you blasted your comment out there without any specific target, and deserve whatever response you get from those who were having an entirely different conversation. After watching the Cadets faithfully for over 13 seasons, those of us with the experience of having seen at least 2 NCAA titles had every reason to question the national quality of this team right up until the Adrian overtime victory. Get a little more perspective and state your targets. You'll get less sh*t.
                      You've managed to miss my point entirely, as well as every point I've made since the puck dropped against Endicott. As far as "getting sh--" the only people I've ever "argued" with on these boards are Remy (who I actually respect and enjoy bickering with, as sadistic as that may sound) and you, who took issue with something which wasn't directed at you, and had nothing to do with you. I haven't questioned a single point you've ever made, as a matter of fact. After my disagreement with Remy back at mid season, I made a snarky remark about whether the Cadets were good yet in his direction. He discussed this in his previous series of posts, quite sufficiently. You chose to respond to me, in a personal manner, telling me to stop being "angry". The fact of the matter is that I never once got cranky with any Norwich fan questioning exactly how good the cadets were as we came down the stretch of this season. I took a message board shot (not a personal one) at Remy based on our earlier disagreement. I feel that he and I have "moved on" - until our next argument

As far as you seeing two national championships, that's awesome. I don't know what would lead you to believe that I haven't. I have. I've also seen "Nikita's team" bounced from the ECAC East tourney early.

The fact of the matter is I choose to remain anonymous. I am not affiliated with the Norwich men's ice hockey program. But, don't assume that I'm just a guy who is a new fan and doesn't know what I'm talking about when I post. I've been standing in Kreitzberg for quite a while too...

Comment

Peddler is probably right, and I should clearly state who any snark is directed at, point by point. Honestly, 99% of my posts are from my iPhone and it's a pain in the rear to type as it is, let alone if I start addressing each sentence to a recipient.

Comment

Maybe this will wrap this up:
                          Peddler, I have no beef with you nor do I have any desire to argue with you. You called me out and I responded. I'll try to be a more precise poster going forward to eliminate any confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                            Maybe this will wrap this up:
                            Peddler, I have no beef with you nor do I have any desire to argue with you. You called me out and I responded. I'll try to be a more precise poster going forward to eliminate any confusion.
                            Man, I hate to see this kind of dispute. I get that KRB was trolling Remy - over the years I have had confrontations with him, that I've never understood - sometimes he seems randomly to go off on people. I've had good discussions with him and some confrontations. As for peddler - he's a good guy. I've known him in real life for a while. he's a good fan. Sometimes when troll gets into the middle of a discussion, things can go south pretty quickly. Peace
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

William Pelletier makes #2 for Norwich men's hockey signing pro contracts. Pelletier has signed an ATO with the Rockford Ice Hogs of the AHL. They are Chicago Blackhawks' affiliate.

http://www.icehogs.com/team/transactions/
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                William Pelletier makes #2 for Norwich men's hockey signing pro contracts. Pelletier has signed an ATO with the Rockford Ice Hogs of the AHL. They are Chicago Blackhawks' affiliate.

http://www.icehogs.com/team/transactions/
                                one of the few to go to the AHL,best of luck to him..hope he doesnt run into Selleck in a bad mood

Comment

Working...
                                X