Ticket information for Norwich.

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...20170320kks7o6

Norwich sections are 102 and 202.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

We need Norwich fans in Utica this weekend ... LOTS of Norwich fans ... here is ticket info ... please use ... please share!

Fans looking to purchase tickets in the Norwich section can call the Utica Memorial Auditorium box office at 315-790-9070. To be placed in the Norwich section you should identify you want to be in the Norwich section and ask for seats in section 102 or 202. You can also purchase tickets online at http://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...etEventList…
      Tickets are $40 for adults for an all-session pass that includes a ticket to all three games on Friday and Saturday. All-session passes for seniors (65+) and under 18 are $30 as well.
      There are also single-day tickets available for each day for $25 for adults and $20 for seniors (65+) and under 18. Single-day tickets for Friday admit you to both semifinal games. Single-day tickets for Saturday admit you to the championship game.

Comment

NOTE TO NORWICH FANS GOING TO UTICA:

I spoke to the Aud Box Office this morning. THERE IS NO "GO OUT AND RE-ENTER" DURING THESE EVENTS!

That means that those of us even thinking about going to the first game (SNC/Trinity) on Friday should plan for a LONG day in the Utica memorial Auditorium. The first game is 3pm, and the Norwich game is unlikely to end until after 8pm at best.
        The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

The 1st game has the potential to be a marathon.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            The 1st game has the potential to be a marathon.
            Shoot out for the second?
            SNC Men:
            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:
            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by pete99race View Post
              Shoot out for the second?
              Possibly. It may start past their bedtimes.

Watch - a pair of 6-5 games.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Possibly. It may start past their bedtimes.

Watch - a pair of 6-5 games.
                After that U-Mass Boston..SNC semi last year, anything is possible...
                SNC Men:
                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                SNC Women:
                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Part of me, and part of a lot of us from what I can tell, are rather nervous because we're still not completely sold on how good this Cadets team is, notwithstanding a 25-1-3 record, a conference championship, and a Frozen Four birth.

But, on the other side, there's a lot of reason for opponents to fear this team. A senior-laden, experienced squad that is highly talented on both ends of the ice and has played the entire season with a chip on their shoulders. Perhaps we should be more confident. Going to be fun.
                  Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                    Part of me, and part of a lot of us from what I can tell, are rather nervous because we're still not completely sold on how good this Cadets team is, notwithstanding a 25-1-3 record, a conference championship, and a Frozen Four birth.

But, on the other side, there's a lot of reason for opponents to fear this team. A senior-laden, experienced squad that is highly talented on both ends of the ice and has played the entire season with a chip on their shoulders. Perhaps we should be more confident. Going to be fun.
                    I believe that the Friday Semi matchup against Adrian will be our most difficult test yet. But the team has managed to step up each time they have been challenged, and most of the time exceeded our expectations in what could have been crucial games. I am anticipating the Adrian game more than any since we beat SNC for the title in 2010.
                    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post

Honestly, I feel confident now that this team is very, very good. Now, could they lose to Adrian? Of course; but that wouldn't change my statement. I have zero remaining reservations about how good they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post

But, on the other side, there's a lot of reason for opponents to fear this team. A senior-laden, experienced squad that is highly talented on both ends of the ice and has played the entire season with a chip on their

shoulders. Perhaps we should be more confident. Going to be fun.
                        Single elimination playoffs are what they are. I hate them. This team that beat Hamilton I still maintain is the most well balances NU team we've had in years. Greats like Accoin, Bellmare, McLean, etc. were without question standouts...but we've seen a TOTAL TEAM grow from two goalie(s)...superb defense... to four lines that can all score. I have had few doubts about this team--they are very good...and very focused on the next game with Adrian.

Oh...and KRBFLINT '03t is spot on when he says that regardless of what happens now...this is a great team!!!!'
                        Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 03-22-2017, 11:13 PM.
                        Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                        Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Here's a nice piece from the Manchester Union Leader on Christian Thompson--the young Norwich Freshman making his first trip to the NCAA final four.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...04/1003/sports
                          Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                          Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

We will always be reminded of the need to play the game, to produce a winner. We can go back and forth all day on how good or not good they are. It is now up to the coaches to have them prepared . They are good enough, now they just need to believe it. We thought there last game was the best one yet with more to come. If they can improve just a tiny bit over the next two games, no one can stop them. A couple of mental break downs, and a long ride home. It usually is all about a mistake or two, that makes the difference. I for one hope they can impose there game on Adrian and not the other way around. Lets hope there not afraid of the size of Adrian. This is one of those times in these guys careers they will never forget. May the Hockey Gods be with them.

Comment

Great night last night at the championship banquet.

Braeden Ostepchuk won Elite 90 award with 4.0 GPA. He's the fifth NU player to win it in the eight years of the program.

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...20170323uc1ikm

Also, Coach McShane won his record 5th Ed Jeremiah National Coach of the Year Award, Pelletier and Smith also named All-Americans:

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...20170323vfytrb
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

I'm sorry I can't be in Utica to watch this Final Four, but health and age prevent me from making the trip north from Florida. Anyway, I believe this team has the makings of going all the way and come home to Northfield with the hardware. If it doesn't happen, it just doesn't, but this team is as good as we've had and belongs up there with the best of them. Anything can happen in a game of seconds and inches, but I think we have the team "chemistry" to win it all.
                                Whatever happens, they have given us a great season of hockey and deserve all the support we can give them.
                                Best of luck for the weekend and the futures of these fine young men who have worked so hard to get here. I had the good fortune to meet several of the seniors on the occasion of our 60th Reunion dinner held at Al Wilder's home in Brookfield. I'm very proud of this team and what they have accomplished .

NU56
                                Old Member
                                Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Working...
                                X