Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: Let's Take the Next Step

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Clarkson has not been around that long, but if you have a good head coach (or in our case co head coaches) who knows how to recruit, you can build a program to a national contender pretty quickly.

If you don't or can't recruit wisely, I don't care what your school name is, you will not be successful
    They've been around for 13 years since 03-04 and Seeley turned them into a competitive team just like he did with Manhattanville before that and Quinnipiac after that.

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
      Harvard and Minnesota-Duluth have professors and offer degrees, too.
      The good news is that UMD, RIT and Harvard all finished 5th or 6th in their conferences last year, so RIT is getting close to being a national power.

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
        The good news is that UMD, RIT and Harvard all finished 5th or 6th in their conferences last year, so RIT is getting close to being a national power.
        Wow, you are delusional. I guess apples and oranges taste the same to you.

Comment

I am going to assume that was sarcastic, as 6=last in the CHA

Comment

A quality education can be obtained in places aside from private schools in upstate New York.
            You've mentioned this a few times, but I'm not sure why. Have I implied somewhere that women should be lining up to play hockey for RIT because of academics?

So if you can't get to that level, you won't compete.
            That seems like a tautology. If you can't compete until you're at that level, how do you get to that level without competing?

But here's what I still don't understand -- in part, I fear, because you seem to insist on hinting at things instead of simply stating them outright: If RIT attracted top D-III players by dangling the prospect of going D-I, and those players are better than the players RIT can currently recruit, then why are those players no longer considering RIT? Is the possibility of going D-I more attractive than actually being D-I?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
              You've mentioned this a few times, but I'm not sure why. Have I implied somewhere that women should be lining up to play hockey for RIT because of academics?

That seems like a tautology. If you can't compete until you're at that level, how do you get to that level without competing?

But here's what I still don't understand -- in part, I fear, because you seem to insist on hinting at things instead of simply stating them outright: If RIT attracted top D-III players by dangling the prospect of going D-I, and those players are better than the players RIT can currently recruit, then why are those players no longer considering RIT? Is the possibility of going D-I more attractive than actually being D-I?

Powers &8^]
              That's precisely the case, yes. Because not only could you dream about playing D-I, you could play for a top-5 team in D-III. Best of both worlds. But without that prospect, you have a non-nationally competitive team without scholarships. There's decidedly less pull.

Comment

That's precisely the case, yes. Because not only could you dream about playing D-I, you could play for a top-5 team in D-III. Best of both worlds. But without that prospect, you have a non-nationally competitive team without scholarships. There's decidedly less pull.
                You're not giving the past RIT players enough credit. I'm sure that each had her reasons for wanting to go to RIT that were more sound that the logic you claim that players used. As far as hockey goes, the recruiting pitch was likely more along the lines of, "Come to RIT and be a part of building something special." That opportunity still exists, and now the staff has success at both levels to claim. I don't see the Tigers' glass as empty as you do.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  I don't see the Tigers' glass as empty as you do.
                  One of only three division 1 women's programs that have won two out of their last three conference tournaments.

Comment

One of only three division 1 women's programs that have won two out of their last three conference tournaments.
                    Huge disappointment today 7-0. This was a rebuilding year but this was rough.

Comment

Originally posted by TwigBreaker View Post
                      Huge disappointment today 7-0. This was a rebuilding year but this was rough.
                      Didn't we just have a rebuilding year last year?

Those Mankato games were close; I was hoping we could win one of them.

Powers &8^]

Comment

"RIT Tigers 2016-17: Let's Take the Next Step"

I don't think backwards was the intended step you were looking for but that's what's happening with this team. I'm sure they're missing Ali Binnington quite a lot right about now not to mention anyone that can put the puck in the opposing net. Karma is a you-know-what....you reap what you sow.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                          "RIT Tigers 2016-17: Let's Take the Next Step"

I don't think backwards was the intended step you were looking for but that's what's happening with this team. I'm sure they're missing Ali Binnington quite a lot right about now not to mention anyone that can put the puck in the opposing net. Karma is a you-know-what....you reap what you sow.
                          The offense is hurting us more than not having a binnington caliber goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by ritBLKnORGsuit View Post
                            The offense is hurting us more than not having a binnington caliber goalie.
                            0-4 start to the season. 2 GF, 14 GA. Not good at either end of the ice. When you give up more than 3 goals a game or more on average in women's hockey you're going to have a losing record, if that trend continues, and I'm not sure they have any answers in sight to the current offensive and defensive problems. I won't be surprised by a Union sweep this weekend.

Comment

Karma is a you-know-what....you reap what you sow.
                              What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Powers &8^]

Comment

0-4 start to the season. 2 GF, 14 GA. Not good at either end of the ice. When you give up more than 3 goals a game or more on average in women's hockey you're going to have a losing record, if that trend continues, and I'm not sure they have any answers in sight to the current offensive and defensive problems. I won't be surprised by a Union sweep this weekend.
                                7 of those were in one game and from what Tiger fans in attendance at that game told me a lot of the goals were the goalie's fault. So I'm going to say we are not as bad as that stat makes us out to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X