>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: Let's Take the Next Step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
    Everyone in the CHA gets athletic scholarships except RIT. RIT still has 2 CHA conference tourney titles, an NCAA appearance and they beat Penn State in play-offs 3 out of 5 years.

Would be interesting to see what RIT could do with 18 scholarships.
    I thought that Penn's inaugural season was 2014-15? If true, how would you explain beating Penn 3 of 5 years? Maybe I am missing something.

Comment

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: Let's Take the Next Step

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
      I thought that Penn's inaugural season was 2014-15? If true, how would you explain beating Penn 3 of 5 years? Maybe I am missing something.
      Penn State's first season was 2012/13. Their record against RIT overall is 14-9-3. In the CHA tournament they advanced once against RIT and did not three times. In 2015 they did not play each other in the playoffs. It is possible my math is wrong, however, since I went to Harding (not named after the ignominious President, but for a Governor, or maybe that was Johnson HS).
      Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-10-2017, 04:43 PM. Reason: Local history
      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
        Penn State's first season was 2012/13. Their record against RIT overall is 14-9-3. In the CHA tournament they advanced once against RIT and did not three times. In 2015 they did not play each other in the playoffs. It is possible my math is wrong, however, since I went to Harding (not named after the ignominious President, but for a Governor, or maybe that was Johnson HS).
        Box scores from CHA play-offs in 2013, 2014 and 2017.

http://collegehockeystats.net/1213/boxes/wpsurit1.m02

http://collegehockeystats.net/1314/boxes/wpsurit1.m01

http://collegehockeystats.net/1617/boxes/wpsurit1.m02

Comment

Looks like we're losing Reagan Rust to BU. That seems like a big loss. Wonder what's going on.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            Looks like we're losing Reagan Rust to BU. That seems like a big loss. Wonder what's going on.

Powers &8^]
            Better exposure and competition for her playing at BU than at RIT. She's a good two way defenseman and her eyes are set on getting to the next level after college. The way RIT has been these past two seasons it's likely she felt that she couldn't achieve this if she stayed here all four years.

Comment

Originally posted by ritBLKnORGsuit View Post
              Better exposure and competition for her playing at BU than at RIT. She's a good two way defenseman and her eyes are set on getting to the next level after college. The way RIT has been these past two seasons it's likely she felt that she couldn't achieve this if she stayed here all four years.
              Looks like she's doing what the title of this thread said....she's taking the next step. Great move on her part. She'll have no regrets. Will others follow her lead and transfer to other schools next year? Only time will tell but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by ritBLKnORGsuit View Post
                lol...are u serious?? "getting to the next level after college"....LOL you're kidding, right? there is no 'next level'...the next level is "get on with your life and do something interesting"... and hopefully productive...which [unfortunately] many,many do not. Last I checked there was no NHL option

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                  lol...are u serious?? "getting to the next level after college"....LOL you're kidding, right? there is no 'next level'...the next level is "get on with your life and do something interesting"... and hopefully productive...which [unfortunately] many,many do not. Last I checked there was no NHL option
                  I meant the Olympic team not a professional career of hockey.

Comment

Working...
                  X