X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    It sounded like he would be open to moving, his kids have all moved, if he wanted to move the roost he could. Something along those lines I remembering reading on the press release when he got the Aces gig.
    Too bad he can't announce for the UAA team. The guy they have now is quite the homer clown, nothing like Haider who is a top notch hockey announcer. Or better yet, replace the guy at Alaska who not only is an even worse flaming homer, but has the most irritating voice in the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by camilo View Post
      Too bad he can't announce for the UAA team. The guy they have now is quite the homer clown, nothing like Haider who is a top notch hockey announcer. Or better yet, replace the guy at Alaska who not only is an even worse flaming homer, but has the most irritating voice in the WCHA.
      Kurt was amazing, but you're right, he was extremely neutral. I have not listened to any other college hockey play-by-play guys who AREN'T homers. Tuttle is better than most of the WCHA guys. And I agree, Bruce has a very annoying voice. When he gets excited his voice goes up several octaves and you can't even understand him.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        No I didn't enjoy that game.
        When they showed you and your daughter on the scoreboard screen, you sure looked like you were having a lot of fun. Lighten up JJ. It's not the end of the world. Some people take sports too seriously. For us, it is winter entertainment. We have friends who we only see during hockey season. It's still enjoyable for us.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Kurt was amazing, but you're right, he was extremely neutral. I have not listened to any other college hockey play-by-play guys who AREN'T homers. Tuttle is better than most of the WCHA guys. And I agree, Bruce has a very annoying voice. When he gets excited his voice goes up several octaves and you can't even understand him.
          Bruce is the best!
          "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by camilo View Post
            It is crazy trying to listen to Bruce when he goes full throttle Peewee Herman when something he thinks is electrifying or he missed and trying to catch up relating the landscape.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by DTuttle View Post
              Show your Seawolf Spirit at the #AKGovCup games and be entered to win a free, round trip ticket on Alaska Airlines! Two fans will be chosen, one each night.

The Feb. 24-25 series vs. UAF in the Alaska Airlines Governor’s Cup will double as ‘Scout Weekend’, presented by Kendal Ford of Alaska. Free entry to both games for Boy’s and Girl’s Scouts, 12 and under, when wearing a uniform. The first 250 Scouts each night will receive a free Seawolf patch.

The series will also be ‘Parent’s Weekend’, with the Seawolf player’s parents recognized on Friday. Additionally, there will be a silent jersey auction on Friday throughout the game. Feb. 25 is ‘Senior Night’ - UAA will honor its five seniors prior to the start of the game on Saturday.​
              I can't believe that only two people were dressed up for the best fan contest. An easy way to get a free round trip ticket on Alaska Airlines. Another one being given away tonight. The "Open Season on the Nanooks" guy, with all the little polar bears in his "net" was quite original!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
                Bruce is the best!
                Try listening to him call a high school football game. Comedic excellence.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  When they showed you and your daughter on the scoreboard screen, you sure looked like you were having a lot of fun. Lighten up JJ. It's not the end of the world. Some people take sports too seriously. For us, it is winter entertainment. We have friends who we only see during hockey season. It's still enjoyable for us.
                  If JJ stayed home, who else would they show on the scoreboard? Since I've seen him up there multiple times over the season.

Comment

No I didn't enjoy that game, UAA lost, they're on the verge of losing the Governor's Cup again and they got eliminated from the playoffs, not exactly enjoyable. Maybe you don't care if the team succeeds but some of us would like to see some wins.
                    Can you not separate the actual gameplay from the "results"? So if we won 1-0 during a horribly slow, choppy, ticky-tacky penalty fest, you would've had "more" fun?
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Hate to say it, but if we did make the playoffs here's how we did against Bemidji this season:

at L 1-2 OT, L 0-4
                      home W 4-1, L 0-1

The at games being the most important, that 4-1 W was an off night for Bemidji considering travel and there late middle of the season slide. Total goals 5-8, we got shutout twice-both being the Saturday night affair.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        Can you not separate the actual gameplay from the "results"? So if we won 1-0 during a horribly slow, choppy, ticky-tacky penalty fest, you would've had "more" fun?
                        Against UAF? Abso-f*ing-lutely.

The fact that UAA has too many fans like you guys, in it for the pure entertainment and not results, is why UAA Hockey has the losing culture it does and is why the program has been on the chopping block. Nobody cares enough to actually put the pressure on the team to succeed.

Again, they lost to an arch rival, on home ice, and had their season ended. That's not fun, that's infuriating. The fact that so many of you are on here going "that was fun!" is appalling.
                        Last edited by Jimjamesak; 02-25-2017, 06:41 PM.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Against UAF? Abso-f*ing-lutely.

The fact that UAA has too many fans like you guys, in it for the pure entertainment and not results, is why UAA Hockey has the losing culture it does and is why the program has been on the chopping block. Nobody cares enough to actually put the pressure on the team to succeed.

Again, they lost to an arch rival, on home ice, and had their season ended. That's not fun, that's infuriating. The fact that so many of you are on here going "that was fun!" is appalling.
                          JJ, if I had your attitude I would have been gone a long time ago. And maybe this is why so many season ticket holders have left. What do you suggest we do? Complaining about it on a message board solves nothing - except allowing fans to vent.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

One day before I die UAA will win the Governor's Cup.

I'll give Thomas credit for having the guts to pull the goalie.

I'd be more upset but they lost the Cup last night, tonight was just the continuing saga of mediocrity and pain that is UAA hockey. Once it was tied UAF just trapped ad infinitum, clogged up the middle and the goose was cooked, UAA doesn't have enough ability to break down a defense like that. Yeah they had chances but, well, good teams would've scored.

And Dylan Hubbs gets a fitting end to his college career with one of the dumbest penalties ever seen. Yeah it was weak call, but never give a referee an opportunity.

And to top it off: 8 years.

8 years.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              Try listening to him call a high school football game. Comedic excellence.
                              Guy has given years to your program. Had to go out and raise money just before the season started just so UAF would have a radio broadcast for all games. Would make more money by not having to take time off work to go to Huntsville or Marquette or Mankato. Be very grateful for what you have.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Another painful season put to an end by Fairbanks. Someday Anchorage will hire the correct coach to right this shipwreck.
                                If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Working...
                                X