• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    I feel really bad for Kurt.
    When you have talent you will survive.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Good riddance. **** them for continually competing against UAA hockey, without us they would have never survived. You could argue if we were a winning team for 20+ seasons, they would've folded a long time ago or not even become pro.

This is a blessing in disguise, we need more fans, we need season ticket holders, we need people that want something to do during our long and cold winters. Winning the Governor's Cup is the first step to reclaiming our spot as top sports team in Anchorage.
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        KTUU also saying Aces are done at seasons end

Cut and pasted from Doyle's column in the ADN:
        "Parks and Mackie said the city and its mayor, Ethan Berkowitz, have been supportive of the Aces. The city and SMG prior to the 2015-16 season renegotiated the team's lease at Sullivan to include more favorable terms for the Aces, including an increase in their cut of gross concession receipts to 40 percent from 35 percent."

Don't know for certain however it's my understanding the Seawolves do not receive any money from concession sales. That's a zero.
        And what other "more favorable terms" did the Aces renegotiated lease include?
        Haven't heard anything from UAA about renegotiating however have heard plenty about how much Seawolf hockey costs.
        UAA needs to start negotiations with SMG immediately. SMG is losing a big tenant, and we are the only tenant I know off except trade shows, the occasional concert, and some high school graduations.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

I feel really bad for Kurt.
          Yes, but in no time will he find another good job. Two new ECHL teams, the AHL, Europe in an majority English speaking city?

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Nice to see ADN in full on cry mode by the way. Not gonna mention they've been corporate sponsors for years are they?

I wonder how much money the Aces lost on straight up giving away tickets?
          Well no duh, Doyle wrote the first piece. Poor poor Doyle, gonna have to write primarily about the Seawolves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            I think for both of us it just depends on what the WCHA would require. Granted, an expanded Wells Fargo Center or Patty Center wouldn't be far off what Ferris or Bowling Green have.
            Bowling Green seats 5,000. Ferris seats a little less than 2500.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
              Yes, but in no time will he find another good job. Two new ECHL teams, the AHL, Europe in an majority English speaking city?

Well no duh, Doyle wrote the first piece. Poor poor Doyle, gonna have to write primarily about the Seawolves.
              It's easy for fans to say he finds another gig. But does he want to leave Anchorage? ECHL radio guys don't exactly make big buck and won't necessarily cover moving expenses from Anchorage to the lower 48.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                It's easy for fans to say he finds another gig. But does he want to leave Anchorage? ECHL radio guys don't exactly make big buck and won't necessarily cover moving expenses from Anchorage to the lower 48.
                It sounded like he would be open to moving, his kids have all moved, if he wanted to move the roost he could. Something along those lines I remembering reading on the press release when he got the Aces gig.

Comment

• Show your Seawolf Spirit at the #AKGovCup games and be entered to win a free, round trip ticket on Alaska Airlines! Two fans will be chosen, one each night.

The Feb. 24-25 series vs. UAF in the Alaska Airlines Governor’s Cup will double as ‘Scout Weekend’, presented by Kendal Ford of Alaska. Free entry to both games for Boy’s and Girl’s Scouts, 12 and under, when wearing a uniform. The first 250 Scouts each night will receive a free Seawolf patch.

The series will also be ‘Parent’s Weekend’, with the Seawolf player’s parents recognized on Friday. Additionally, there will be a silent jersey auction on Friday throughout the game. Feb. 25 is ‘Senior Night’ - UAA will honor its five seniors prior to the start of the game on Saturday.​

Comment

How many people does it take to run the Jumbo Tron or whatever the scoreboard is called?
                    Who is their employer?
                    Does the rumor that we pay $3,000 a game to have it run have any truth to it?
                    Anyone have answers?

Comment

Another year with no playoffs. Unacceptable.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Even though the guys didn't win, that was a fun game for the fans. They now have nothing to lose, go for the Gov Cup tomorrow night boys, lay it all on the line!
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Even though the guys didn't win, that was a fun game for the fans. They now have nothing to lose, go for the Gov Cup tomorrow night boys, lay it all on the line!
                          It might not have been the best performance, but it certainly was the most fun.

Comment

We lost to our rivals on home ice, with their fans celebrating in our building. I wouldn't exactly consider that fun.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              We lost to our rivals on home ice, with their fans celebrating in our building. I wouldn't exactly consider that fun.
                              You can honestly say you didn't enjoy that game? It was a great game! I didn't like the ending, but the game itself was very entertaining. If it's such a problem for you, there's an easy solution. Stay home.
                              Last edited by Suze; 02-25-2017, 11:40 AM.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                You can honestly say you didn't enjoy that game? It was a great game! I didn't like the ending, but the game itself was very entertaining. If it's such a problem for you, there's an easy solution. Stay home.
                                No I didn't enjoy that game, UAA lost, they're on the verge of losing the Governor's Cup again and they got eliminated from the playoffs, not exactly enjoyable. Maybe you don't care if the team succeeds but some of us would like to see some wins.

And no, I'm not staying home. I've been going to games well before you did and will be going long after you stop. And considering the attendance problems, telling people to stay home is not the best idea.
                                Last edited by Jimjamesak; 02-25-2017, 12:46 PM.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X