X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    I went to the Av's last game. Bought 20 bucks of split the pot. I won , went to get my loot and was given 25 bucks as fifty was the nights take.
    Sounds like a pretty good short term return on your money to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
      Ferris has always been notorious for poor SOG tracking. I think at this point they just do it on purpose to keep the legend alive.
      It's ridiculous. Note to their shot counter - when it hits the pipe, it's NOT a SOG. When it is shot wide of the net, but the goalie gloves it, it's NOT a SOG. Sheesh. I mean, it's bad, but not nearly as bad as they are making it look.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
        I went to the Av's last game. Bought 20 bucks of split the pot. I won , went to get my loot and was given 25 bucks as fifty was the nights take.
        Was it in ones?
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Got bailed out by Minnesota State and they still have a shot, but going to need a lot of help from Tech.

Edit: Since NMU has the tiebreaker on us if NMU gets any point next weekend they'll be above us. LSSU has to lose to UAF as well.
          Last edited by Jimjamesak; 02-18-2017, 10:25 PM.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
            Ferris has always been notorious for poor SOG tracking. I think at this point they just do it on purpose to keep the legend alive.
            I've never understood shorting the opponent shots. Hurts your goalie's save %.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Mantha got peppered tonight but looked excellent. He made some highlight reel saves.

I must say, I don't know how I feel about those black away sweaters.
              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                Mantha got peppered tonight but looked excellent. He made some highlight reel saves.

I must say, I don't know how I feel about those black away sweaters.
                I've never liked them. Why aren't they green??
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  I've never liked them. Why aren't they green??
                  I like them, but agree that our road unis should be green. But not the sea of green that Shyiak? had us wear.

Black is not part of our color scheme, so that should indicate the black unis as our alternate and I would like to see them used in the Classic (I forgot is that still a thing?) to start the season.

The move to white and black unis was due to cutting costs, via Thomas.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    I like them, but agree that our road unis should be green. But not the sea of green that Shyiak? had us wear.

Black is not part of our color scheme, so that should indicate the black unis as our alternate and I would like to see them used in the Classic (I forgot is that still a thing?) to start the season.

The move to white and black unis was due to cutting costs, via Thomas.
                    Hmmm, I guess that makes sense. But I seem to remember teams wearing black in past years as well. I would prefer dark green.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      I've never understood shorting the opponent shots. Hurts your goalie's save %.
                      Completely agree. Apparently they must feel it provides an emotional boost when they look up and see they are outshooting their opponent at home by 20+ every game. Still not quite as bad as the Michigan State basketball clock guy

Comment

Hmmm, I guess that makes sense. But I seem to remember teams wearing black in past years as well. I would prefer dark green.
                        Black gear is significantly cheaper than green. Green requires custom ordering while black is straight off the shelf.

If you want them to wear green gear they will happily accept your donation.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Black gear is significantly cheaper than green. Green requires custom ordering while black is straight off the shelf.

If you want them to wear green gear they will happily accept your donation.
                          I get it, this has already been discussed JJ.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I get it, this has already been discussed JJ.
                            If you get it, why are you still complaining?
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The Governor's Cup
                              At this point nothing else matters.

Comment

Originally posted by fanpain2 View Post
                                The Governor's Cup
                                At this point nothing else matters.
                                Agreed!
                                Sweep the dump bears and a lotta help down south and we get the 8th playoff spot????

Comment

Working...
                                X