This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Wow. It will be interesting to see if they move out of Alaska. I still miss the Avs, who left Palmer for the lower 48.

!
    If the Aces do hang it up it would be nice to see another Junior A team set up shop in Anchorage or the Valley. There's a market for it.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Alaska Aces ownership considering ceasing operations
      http://www.ktva.com/alaska-aces-owne...perations-727/
      Called it.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

So a UAA loss and wins by LSSU and NMU tomorrow mean UAA is out.

Even at this point it's realistically looking like they have to win all three games to be in.

And frankly I don't think this team is capable of that.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

It used to be that the lineup for both teams, posted by UAA Hockey, could be found on Twitter.
          Yesterdays UAA Hockey's Twitter post showed:
          28-17-18
          27-11-21
          10-25-20
          13-12-16

2-3
          7-6
          37-4

And nothing for Ferris.

Where can I find a "lineup sheet" with names included for todays game?
          Thanks for any help?

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            Alaska Aces ownership considering ceasing operations
            http://www.ktva.com/alaska-aces-owne...perations-727/
            Oh no, whose D is Doyle gonna nob on?

Might bring the demise of Bob and Chad, I can just hear Bob ranting and raving.

Prices for Seawolves games will climb, even if a new team comes in. SMG or whoever is losing a valuable long (talking the length of the ECHL season) tenured revenue source.

Maybe if our elected officials would get their right thumbs out of their own bums, and their left thumbs out of whoever's sad bum, this could've been avoided.
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
              Oh no, whose D is Doyle gonna nob on?

Might bring the demise of Bob and Chad, I can just hear Bob ranting and raving.

Prices for Seawolves games will climb, even if a new team comes in. SMG or whoever is losing a valuable long (talking the length of the ECHL season) tenured revenue source.

Maybe if our elected officials would get their right thumbs out of their own bums, and their left thumbs out of whoever's sad bum, this could've been avoided.
              The Aces will get no tears from me. I'll feel bad for employees and players who'll be put out of work, that sucks. But for the owners? No sympathy will given to greedy *******s who have tried to kill UAA Hockey while trying to grease the City out of money for a third rate minor league hockey team.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                It used to be that the lineup for both teams, posted by UAA Hockey, could be found on Twitter.
                28-17-18
                27-11-21
                10-25-20
                13-12-16

2-3
                7-6
                37-4

And nothing for Ferris.

Thanks for any help?
                Doyle was tweeting the lineups, but I didn't see any last night either. I wonder if Mitchell and Jacks will still be out tonight? And who else has the flu? It was nice to see Duwe back in the line up last night, though! He really hustled out there.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  If the Aces do hang it up it would be nice to see another Junior A team set up shop in Anchorage or the Valley. There's a market for it.
                  Yeah, I agree. I was really bummed when the Avs moved. The owner of the team had cancer and felt he needed to sell the team. Unfortunately, nobody did. We live a mile from where they played, and would really have enjoyed those games. They had quite a following in the valley too.
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    28-17-18
                    27-11-21
                    10-25-20
                    13-12-16

2-3
                    7-6
                    37-4

And nothing for Ferris.

Thanks for any help?
                    You could pass along a suggestion to David to snap a picture of hit with his phone and Tweet it prior to the game. I've been doing it for a few years and now if I'm unable to do it for whatever chaotic reason, someone will be sure to remind me.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      Yeah, I agree. I was really bummed when the Avs moved. The owner of the team had cancer and felt he needed to sell the team. Unfortunately, nobody did. We live a mile from where they played, and would really have enjoyed those games. They had quite a following in the valley too.
                      I went to the Av's last game. Bought 20 bucks of split the pot. I won , went to get my loot and was given 25 bucks as fifty was the nights take.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        I went to the Av's last game. Bought 20 bucks of split the pot. I won , went to get my loot and was given 25 bucks as fifty was the nights take.
                        Sounds like you are jinxed!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Tutts has tweeted the line up. Mason is in, but others who weren't sick with the flu now have it. Top line is Mas, Anholt and Duwe. Kozun, Azurdia on the 4th line. Odd.

https://***********/davidntuttle/with_replies

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Last night I noticed a few "shots" counted for Ferris that weren't shots. So tonight I kept my own tally. While UAA was clearly outshot in the 1st period, it wasn't 20-3. It was 15-5. They counted two shots for FS that never made it through to Mantha, they were blocked and deflected. One Manny dove out to cover up a loose puck in front of him, they counted it as a SOG. And one was a harmless dump in from center ice that was counted. Unbelievable. Heck, their shot counter is worse than UAA's ... didn't think that was possible.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

That first period today.
                              Difficult to say anything nice so best not to say anything at all.
                              Love the team but glad I won't be cooped up with them with the air being recirculated on the airplanes for the trip home.
                              Hope the guys can shake the flu and get ready for the dump bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                Last night I noticed a few "shots" counted for Ferris that weren't shots. So tonight I kept my own tally. While UAA was clearly outshot in the 1st period, it wasn't 20-3. It was 15-5. They counted two shots for FS that never made it through to Mantha, they were blocked and deflected. One Manny dove out to cover up a loose puck in front of him, they counted it as a SOG. And one was a harmless dump in from center ice that was counted. Unbelievable. Heck, their shot counter is worse than UAA's ... didn't think that was possible.
                                Ferris has always been notorious for poor SOG tracking. I think at this point they just do it on purpose to keep the legend alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X