This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DTuttle View Post
    Hey...we scored 3 PPGS this weekend. That means ANYTHING is possible!
    It's possible but not probable. It was a terrific effort all weekend long! I just hope they don't fall apart next weekend like they did on their last 2 week road trip.

David, you were really missed. The Lakers guy wasn't terrible, but he sure didn't let us UAA fans know who scored and who had assists for UAA. And my screen was a bit dark for much of the game, so it was really hard to see the numbers on the players backs. Glad you will be there next weekend!

What WAS very encouraging was how hard the team played tonight. They came out gang busters, and were shooting from everywhere. Azurdia and Kozun both missed wide open nets. That was a game we should have won. The effort was sure there!
    Last edited by Suze; 02-12-2017, 12:23 AM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
      It's possible but not probable. It was a terrific effort all weekend long! I just hope they don't fall apart next weekend like they did on their last 2 week road trip.

David, you were really missed. The Lakers guy wasn't terrible, but he sure didn't let us UAA fans know who scored and who had assists for UAA. And my screen was a bit dark for much of the game, so it was really hard to see the numbers on the players backs. Glad you will be there next weekend!

What WAS very encouraging was how hard the team played tonight. They came out gang busters, and were shooting from everywhere. Azurdia and Kozun both missed wide open nets. That was a game we should have won. The effort was sure there!
      It was great to see them crawl out of a hole...down 2-0, 3-2 and 4-3. We should've won but 4 out of 6 is better than 3 out of 6. I can't wait to be back calling our games!

Comment

• Originally posted by DTuttle View Post
        Only 4 points behind FBX and Huntsville. We're not done yet. I think they proved quite a bit tonight in just getting a point. Yeah, it was a crappy end but a 4 point weekend is repeatable next weekend.
        The problem is UAA has to make up a lot of ground (5) on 2 of 4 teams while playing two games on the road, at the end of a two week road trip and in a building they don't play well in, and two against the arch rival. The odds on that alone are not good. Couple that with the fact that they've lost the tiebreaker to two of those teams? That's very long odds. That point they lost cost them big.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          The problem is UAA has to make up a lot of ground (5) on 2 of 4 teams while playing two games on the road, at the end of a two week road trip and in a building they don't play well in, and two against the arch rival. The odds on that alone are not good. Couple that with the fact that they've lost the tiebreaker to two of those teams? That's very long odds. That point they lost cost them big.
          Have a feeling things won't be settled until our last game, and we are ****ing due god****it.

It's been so long since we won the Governor's Cup I'd rather us beat UA_ on our home ice in a shootout then have us play Bemidji and possibly get swept.
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Doyle's latest article, and for once it's not all doom and gloom. https://www.adn.com/sports/uaa-athle...-playoff-spot/

He mentions our latest recruit, Jordan Xavier of the AJHL. He has 23 goals and 27 assists in 49 games this season. He sounds solid. He led the Viterra Cup Standings for October, November, and December and got edged out for January by 5 points, so he's in second at the moment. I didn't know what the Viterra Cup Standings was, so I looked it up:

Each of the 480 AJHL regular season games conclude with the Viterra AJHL Star of the Game Award, which recognizes a player from each team deemed to be that night's top player.* Every time a player is recognized as a Viterra Star of the Game they receive 5 points in the Viterra Star of the Game Standings. Brooks Bandits forward, Austin Plevy, captured the 2015 Viterra Cup with 14 Viterra Star of the Game awards and 70 points.
            I'm also jazzed about Eric Sinclair, who is a defenseman with 16 goals and 30 assists!
            Last edited by Suze; 02-16-2017, 12:12 AM.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Doyle just tweeted about another recruit, goalie Kristian Stead of the SJHL.

20-year-old G has killer numbers for @theSJHL @NipawinHawks1 -- leads circuit in wins, save % and shutouts at 25-10-1, 1.97, .937, 6 bagels.
              He's on a full ride. Incoming recruits are looking good.
              http://www.yourtownnews.ca/2017/02/1...ska-anchorage/
              Last edited by Suze; 02-16-2017, 09:40 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Doyle just tweeted about another recruit, goalie Kristian Stead of the SJHL.

He's on a full ride. Incoming recruits are looking good.
                http://www.yourtownnews.ca/2017/02/1...ska-anchorage/
                This is Thomas' fourth year, time for his best recruiting cycle. The last best recruiting class I remember was the one with Bailey.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

The other team's broadcast isn't focused on your team. And if you're watching on WCHA TV, then you have access to the live box score.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                    The other team's broadcast isn't focused on your team.

In my travels around the league, the larger the yard ornaments pretty well dictates on the focus of the local yapper. ......It’s a hick thing.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                      The other team's broadcast isn't focused on your team. And if you're watching on WCHA TV, then you have access to the live box score.
                      Then I guess I have been really spoiled by the excellent coverage of BOTH teams that the UAA announcers (Tuttle & Haider) give, have given us.
                      Last edited by Suze; 02-17-2017, 04:59 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Looking at things, best case (realistic) scenario is UAA gets 3 points and either LSSU or UAF sweeps, better if LSSU sweeps.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• What's happening on the island of misfit children? #54 UAA vs #52 Ferris State? Is everyone fighting over the same bullet and noose trying to get this season to end?
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                            What's happening on the island of misfit children? #54 UAA vs #52 Ferris State? Is everyone fighting over the same bullet and noose trying to get this season to end?
                            Puh-lease.

It's cyanide pills.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Alaska Aces ownership considering ceasing operations
                              http://www.ktva.com/alaska-aces-owne...perations-727/
                              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                Alaska Aces ownership considering ceasing operations
                                http://www.ktva.com/alaska-aces-owne...perations-727/
                                Wow. It will be interesting to see if they move out of Alaska. I still miss the Avs, who left Palmer for the lower 48.

Tough game for the Seawolves tonight. Clearly, they missed Jackstadt and Mitchell, who have the flu - but the announcer said that other UAA players were playing sick. Great effort in the first, but I think they simply ran out of energy. It sucks they had to get the flu. Get better guys!!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X