X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Anholt is a play maker. I love that line! Johnson is getting better and better.
    Earlier post I said Anholt gets us the puck on face offs and he does.
    Should also note Azurdia was 8 and 2 on face offs tonight so I guess you could say he does a pretty good job of getting us the puck.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
      Thanks John!! I'll use that tomorrow.
      No charge (from me or the radio station). If you have the TuneIn app it's a very easy connection. Streema works well too. And they do have a "listen live" button right on their site.

Comment

Friday night success continues!

Mitchell sure is fun to watch since he got moved to the first line. I hope he doesn't leave early to go AHL next season.
        I think his offense game would need a little more work, I see him as an enforcer and funny enough the first two "alum" that come to mind are Justin Johnson and Jay Beagle. Both ended playing in the show. Beagle had better stats, but JJ stayed for four years at a points pace that follows Mitchell.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
          Friday night success continues!

I think his offense game would need a little more work, I see him as an enforcer and funny enough the first two "alum" that come to mind are Justin Johnson and Jay Beagle. Both ended playing in the show. Beagle had better stats, but JJ stayed for four years at a points pace that follows Mitchell.
          Mason does remind me of Beags, but not nearly the penalty killer they Jay was. I know the scouts are watching Mason and are looking for steady improvement. Heard a while back he's "right where he belongs", playing in college, be he is showing steady improvement. I think another year of college would be to his advantage, but something tells me he is here for hockey, not for an education, which is why Beagle left early.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Not too bad, but they are indeed homers. He does talk funny though. Man, if we had a power play that wasn't last in the nation, maybe we would be winning more games.
            We're all homers. And it's even more prounounced when you hear their homers instead of your own homer!
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Mason does remind me of Beags, but not nearly the penalty killer they Jay was. I know the scouts are watching Mason and are looking for steady improvement. Heard a while back he's "right where he belongs", playing in college, be he is showing steady improvement. I think another year of college would be to his advantage, but something tells me he is here for hockey, not for an education, which is why Beagle left early.
              Beags also put up fantastic numbers that ensured he could leave as early as possible (two years).

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              We're all homers. And it's even more prounounced when you hear their homers instead of your own homer!
              Admittedly I haven't been listening to Tuttle as much as I did Kurt, but Kurt was as **** near in the middle more than Jimmy Eat World.
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                Beags also put up fantastic numbers that ensured he could leave as early as possible (two years).

Admittedly I haven't been listening to Tuttle as much as I did Kurt, but Kurt was as **** near in the middle more than Jimmy Eat World.
                Beags only had 4 goals as a freshman and 10 as a sophomore. Mitchell has 9 right now I believe. Not to take anything away from Beagle, but those numbers weren't that fantastic. Look at what Parise, Oshie and Toews did their rookie seasons at UND. Now those are what I would consider fantastic numbers.
                Last edited by Suze; 02-11-2017, 01:09 AM.
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Beags only had 4 goals as a freshman and 10 as a sophomore. Mitchell has 9 right now I believe. Not to take anything away from Beagle, but those numbers weren't that fantastic. Look at what Parise, Oshie and Toews did their rookie seasons at UND. Now those are what I would consider fantastic numbers.
                  Yeah but look at what teams Beagle was playing against versus who Mitchell is going against. Heck, take the team Beagle played with versus now.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Fantastic wasn't the right word, my brain can't brain today.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Yeah but look at what teams Beagle was playing against versus who Mitchell is going against. Heck, take the team Beagle played with versus now.
                      Very true. But there were many other UAA players who scored a lot more goals in their first two years, who have never made it to the NHL. Cygan, although admittedly small, had 12 and 14 goals respectively.

I read on the Laker thread that they are charging only $5 for tonight's game. I hope UAA does something similar for the UA_ series. I want the arena to be at least half full for those games! UAA admin, if you are reading this, please take note.
                      Last edited by Suze; 02-11-2017, 02:39 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I read on the Laker thread that they are charging only $5 for tonight's game.
                        Correction Suze?

The announcer pronouncing "As sur d a" was forgiven last night but tonight also?
                        And after I gave him a glowing review on yesterdays game.
                        Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 02-11-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          Correction Suze?
                          Yeah, I guess game tickets are not $5, but other tickets for some game at the arena are? Confusing.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

That extra point lost may well put us out of the playoffs.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              That extra point lost may well put us out of the playoffs.
                              Only 4 points behind FBX and Huntsville. We're not done yet. I think they proved quite a bit tonight in just getting a point. Yeah, it was a crappy end but a 4 point weekend is repeatable next weekend.

Comment

Hey...we scored 3 PPGS this weekend. That means ANYTHING is possible!

Comment

Working...
                                X