X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
    That is why we really need a house cleaning of all the leadership at UAA...from top to bottom. I am not happy with Hackett, Case or even Thomas. They all need to go.
    That won't happen. The other programs are successful. I don't know if hockey ever will be. It's one drama after another, it seems.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      Grade A? Are they coaching pee wee? This is a serious reply btw.
      Would not have made this comment if I was digging into PeeWees! Been around Alaska hockey a long time and understand who is qualified. But, maybe a PeeWee coach could do as good as we have seen in the last how many years.

Comment

Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
        Would not have made this comment if I was digging into PeeWees! Been around Alaska hockey a long time and understand who is qualified. But, maybe a PeeWee coach could do as good as we have seen in the last how many years.
        I just want a coach whom the players WANT TO WIN FOR. Is that too much too ask?
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
          True statement. It is what it is. Not sure coach Thomas was the right hire for us. Sigh.
          Nor Shyiak, or Talafous, or Hill...Scotty Bowman would have a hard time building a consistent winner at UAA, UAF, NMU, LSSU, UAH...
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            We can do good catching UAH but it doesn't mean jack if NMU keeps winning.
            We will do our best to help you out this weekend, but let me warn you in advance that Marquette is a constant black hole for Nanook hockey, no matter how bad NMU is.

UP travel is brutal, although Marquette might be the easiest of the three to get to (it's "only" a three hour bus ride from the nearest significant airport in Green Bay).
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
              Didn't ADN get bought recently or something? I know KTUU did.

Gotta keep pumping the Aces tires, the end is near.

I just gotta say, since Kari took over at KTUU, much more emphasis on high school sports. Twitter is flooded with scores and highlights from high school kids (Kari/ADN/KTUU/KTVA/Doyle/etc.), it's getting unbearable.
              Did ADN shut down Doyle's hockey blog?

Sports coverage in ANC is a joke. Not that Fairbanks is much better but at least the local tv up there gives UAF decent coverage.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                Did ADN shut down Doyle's hockey blog?

Sports coverage in ANC is a joke. Not that Fairbanks is much better but at least the local tv up there gives UAF decent coverage.
                I haven't seen his blog in ages. His articles can be linked to from his Twitter feed. Doyle is a joke, always has been. Television usually gives better coverage of UAA hockey.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  I haven't seen his blog in ages. His articles can be linked to from his Twitter feed. Doyle is a joke, always has been. Television usually gives better coverage of UAA hockey.
                  Doyle writes about what he's told to write about. Also, I've noticed he's writing more about other sports which likely cuts into his hockey time.

News Miner isn't much better anymore. I know a few people at UAF who wish they would run the recaps provided by the AD instead of continuing to churn out poorly written articles with typos.

Sad, it and the ADN both were solid papers (with solid sports sections) in their heyday, especially when you consider the market sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    Sad, it and the ADN both were solid papers (with solid sports sections) in their heyday, especially when you consider the market sizes.
                    In their defense, I would hate to try and operate a profitable local newspaper or even TV affiliate in today's digital environment. From my limited knowledge about the local operations, they are spread so thin that it's amazing that anything gets done or there is any consistency in coverage.

And as an aside, ADN just started charging for their on-line content ($99/year)

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                      In their defense, I would hate to try and operate a profitable local newspaper or even TV affiliate in today's digital environment. From my limited knowledge about the local operations, they are spread so thin that it's amazing that anything gets done or there is any consistency in coverage.

And as an aside, ADN just started charging for their on-line content ($99/year)
                      I agree totally...wasn't meaning to suggest otherwise. News Miner's been charging for online access for a couple years now.

Comment

Just a heads up, there won't be a UAA feed this weekend from Lake St. You'll have to pick up the Lakers feed. I'm sorry, but I will be in Big Rapids next week.

Comment

Originally posted by DTuttle View Post
                          Just a heads up, there won't be a UAA feed this weekend from Lake St. You'll have to pick up the Lakers feed. I'm sorry, but I will be in Big Rapids next week.
                          Sorry you won't be there, we'll miss you!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I'm really sorry. I hate letting our team and fans down, I'm really disappointed but I can't get around it.

Comment

I'm really sorry. I hate letting our team and fans down, I'm really disappointed but I can't get around it.
                              If you can't get around it we'll have to get over it.

Comment

David, thank you so much for your service to our country sir. From one Airman to another (retired) Airman. I appreciate all you do for our country and for UAA hockey. I was wondering if you were a UAA Alumni?

Comment

Working...
                                X