X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    We should only play games at home, save us money and we are playing better at home.
    The boys played amazing games at Tech. Those two week road games are killing them. Another one coming up too.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

All the guys contributed. A team effort. Mantha of course had an outstanding game. Azurdia I thought played a very complete game. Hope the other guys took notice and let loose as many shots as he did.
      It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        Okay, I will post in nine team topics and not ten. Y'all have a good season, and if you make the playoffs, shock the world!

GFM
        Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        Okay, I will post in nine team topics and not ten. Y'all have a good season, and if you make the playoffs, shock the world!

GFM
        Wow, just wow. Please know that not every UAA fan has a problem with what you do. In fact, I think you should continue to antagonize the few on here who can't handle it. Its not your problem that they have a problem with the results. I never heard "Seawolf fan" try to explain to you why your model was irrelevant. And I'm sure they would love you to post that every week here if we had a 95% probability of winning every game. Some old people just need to chill the F out, and this is a perfect example.
        _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
        No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
          Wow, just wow. Please know that not every UAA fan has a problem with what you do. In fact, I think you should continue to antagonize the few on here who can't handle it. Its not your problem that they have a problem with the results. I never heard "Seawolf fan" try to explain to you why your model was irrelevant. And I'm sure they would love you to post that every week here if we had a 95% probability of winning every game. Some old people just need to chill the F out, and this is a perfect example.
          I gotta echo this sentiment Geoff, please continue posting here if only to drive the others crazy.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I never had/have a problem with any projections or numbers no matter the source. Never questioned their veracity. It doesn't matter who comes up with the projections either. The point this team is at now probably (I have no numbers to back it up) means we will most likely be the underdog for the foreseeable future and the projections will continue to see our chance of winning in a negative light.
            I have no problem "handling" numbers and projections when they are presented in a respectful manner.
            I do take issue with the words that precede them when they are derogatory to the team.
            It's not my place to attempt to represent all Seawolf fans and I never have.
            Personal attacks don't have a whole lot of influence on my views.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              Personal attacks don't have a whole lot of influence on my views.
              When everybody in the room thinks you're being a jerk, you're probably being a jerk.

I get you're doubling down on this, but there wasn't anything nefarious or insulting in what he posted. This is a message board where various viewpoints are shared and sometimes they point out your team isn't favored. If you're just looking for positive spin I'd suggest just sticking with your team's official pages and accounts.
              Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                When everybody in the room thinks you're being a jerk, you're probably being a jerk.

I get you're doubling down on this, but there wasn't anything nefarious or insulting in what he posted. This is a message board where various viewpoints are shared and sometimes they point out your team isn't favored. If you're just looking for positive spin I'd suggest just sticking with your team's official pages and accounts.
                I haven't heard from everyone on this board and I seriously doubt that you have either.
                If you go back in the thread you will see Suze quoted definition of a troll.
                After reading that go back a little further and the way I read it he was posting in a manner trying to elicit a negative response.
                That's where this whole thing started.
                Then the name calling followed.
                I have no problem with various viewpoints.
                Take a look at some of my other posts. When we have taken a beating I say so.
                I have no intention of taking your "suggestion".
                Hope to see you at the game this evening supporting our Seawolves hockey team.
                It's still a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post

How many times does mom tap the floor with the broom handle to let you know dinner is ready?
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

At times we had solid puck possession in the Mavs zone last night. Optimistically when that happens tonight we will put the puck on net more often then last night.
                    With another solid performance from Mantha and hopefully an increase in our SOG output we should be in the thick of things this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                      At times we had solid puck possession in the Mavs zone last night. Optimistically when that happens tonight we will put the puck on net more often then last night.
                      With another solid performance from Mantha and hopefully an increase in our SOG output we should be in the thick of things this evening.
                      Foil up and play hockey.....saw a few bugs on the windshield tap out and wondered home.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                        Yeah, the SOG was pretty lopsided, but not as bad as the stats say. Our shot keeper is terrible. The guy next to us and I were sorta keeping track during the first period, and at least 2 were missed for UAA, and a couple that Mantha saved which were well wide of the net were counted. In fact, KTUU news had one of those "saves" as a highlight news reel last night. They also said the final score was 3-1.

Something else that was odd was the ADN didn't have ANY article about UAA's series this weekend. That's pretty odd, even for Doyle. He seems to use Twitter much more.
                        Last edited by Suze; 02-04-2017, 05:45 PM.
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          Yeah, the SOG was pretty lopsided, but not as bad as the stats say. Our shot keeper is terrible. The guy next to us and I were sorta keeping track during the first period, and at least 2 were missed for UAA, and a couple that Mantha saved which were well wide of the net were counted. In fact, KTUU news had one of those "saves" as a highlight news reel last night. They also said the final score was 3-1.

Something else that was odd was the ADN didn't have ANY article about UAA's series this weekend. That's pretty odd, even for Doyle. He seems to use Twitter much more.
                          Didn't ADN get bought recently or something? I know KTUU did.

Gotta keep pumping the Aces tires, the end is near.

I just gotta say, since Kari took over at KTUU, much more emphasis on high school sports. Twitter is flooded with scores and highlights from high school kids (Kari/ADN/KTUU/KTVA/Doyle/etc.), it's getting unbearable.
                          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

What a disappointing game after last nights win. Matt said the guys played better tonight than they did last night. That's a head scratcher. I guess I was watching a different game than he was. Tonight can be summed up in a few words. Sloppy and bounces didn't go their way. Passed it to the other team numerous times. Couldn't put the puck on a teammates stick all night long. Ugh. I hope they put it behind them and play a road game like they did at Tech a couple weeks ago. This team is better than what we saw tonight.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Pretty tough to win games with our lack of SOG.
                              Have to agree with Suze's head scratching thinking we played better tonight than last night.
                              We didn't have the puck possession time we had last night.
                              Our passes also didn't connect the way they did last night.
                              I guess our neighbors to the North figured if we didn't help ourselves we didn't need their help either.
                              We're off on another two week adventure Tuesday.

Comment

Probably going to get called a negative hater but, whatever. Our playoff chances are... not good. Bad to be honest.

We're currently 5 points behind UAH for 8th. Not a tall task considering 3 points for a win but we have a lot of factors not in our favor.

1. 4 out of the last 6 are on the road and we're not good on the road.

2. Our tiebreakers suck. The two teams immediately above us? We lose the tiebreaker to both (wanna know why we're in 10th? We're 1-5 against 8 and 9). We can do good catching UAH but it doesn't mean jack if NMU keeps winning.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X