X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I'm unaware that it was an Internet crime to publicize some fairly hard work on the Internet to a group of fans who might appreciate it. I'm pretty sure that you're the only person who thinks that I'm trolling this discussion topic, and if I'm wrong, I'd honestly like to hear it. If I'm coming across as a jerk, let me know. [I brought ponies! I thought y'all liked ponies!]

I don't watch many UAA games outside of those against UAH —*sometimes, if I'm still up, I'll watch a home game in Anchorage or Fairbanks. So no, I can't really talk knowledgeably about your team. I can't tell you if Mantha's dropping his glove or if his defensemen are leading him out to dry or if the players have tuned the coach out. I'm not there to hear what the boosters have to say (and if they're like boosters anywhere else, they're probably saying a lot). I've never sat in your arena, and I don't know how bad the muffler is on the Zamboni.

I do know a little bit about how to run statistical simulations, which are, as you note, not binding upon the game in any way, shape, or form. If I could magically predict the season, I would find that very boring unless it were "UAH goes 28-0-0-0, wins all non-conference matchups, scores 10 goals a game in the NCAAs, and is the first NCAA men's ice hockey team to be enshrined in the Hockey Hall of Fame before they walk across the stage at graduation".

No, I'm just a guy who likes hockey, likes statistics, and wants to combine the two of them from time to time. I worked on this today while I was at work, which is why there was a gap between posting the first two and posting the last two.

I also know that none of the above will be very likely to change your mind, but ... dude, I have a voluminous body of work on the Internet, from running a sports e-zine 20 years ago to writing for USCHO and USA College Hockey Magazine to 10+ years on Twitter and a ton of other stuff. None of that says troll.

HTH. HAND. YHNBT.

GFM
    Butt hurt a little?
    I think the Seawolves were favored in the N. MI series.
    Didn't see you post here then.
    You're a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Butt hurt a little?
      You're a troll.
      You're an a**hole.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        You're an a**hole.
        If that came from someone I respected it would mean something.
        From you....nothing.
        You're a negative person.
        As usual though you added a lot to promoting the hockey program.
        It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
        Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 02-02-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Coach Thomas is giving a pregame talk before Fridays game in the room at the Northeast corner of the Sully.
          Coach is a very entertaining speaker and will give updates on what's going on in the program.
          Everyone's welcome and encouraged to attend.
          Got a question about the team?
          Here's your chance to get answers.

Comment

Ninelives... I don't know how to post personal messages but thought you might want to look at your WCHA thread picks. You didn't pick for the bonus and picked both teams on Saturday BSU v Tech. Hope this message gets to you. And yes I am technologically challenged. At best.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              I'm unaware that it was an Internet crime to publicize some fairly hard work on the Internet to a group of fans who might appreciate it. I'm pretty sure that you're the only person who thinks that I'm trolling this discussion topic, and if I'm wrong, I'd honestly like to hear it. If I'm coming across as a jerk, let me know. [I brought ponies! I thought y'all liked ponies!]
              GFM
              Since you asked ... I don't "appreciate" your work. In this league any team can beat any other team on any given night. I'm not much for talking heads. That's why they play the games, right?

And no, I don't think you are a jerk ... but I do agree you are trolling the UAA threads.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Oh FFS. He does this as a hobby for every team in the WCHA, but he's "trolling" you guys?

Get real. If you don't like his analysis, then don't read it.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Oh FFS. He does this as a hobby for every team in the WCHA, but he's "trolling" you guys?

While you're rolling your eyes try and get them focused.
                  He picks and chooses on the UAA thread.
                  How about he posts his "research" on his own thread and quits trolling the UAA thread.
                  If people want to read it go on over to his thread and read till their hearts content
                  It goes way back.
                  Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 02-02-2017, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Amen... This longtime Seawolf fan doesn't agree with the troll label for GFM. He is obviously a dedicated college hockey and UAH fan and has done nothing but contribute to this board. If anyone can feel our pain right now, he can. Sometimes when a team hits bottom, their fans get a little testy and they take things a bit personally... I hope that's all this silly ranting is...

I don't know exactly where all his numbers come from, but it's just statistics. Yes, any team can beat any other on a given night regardless of what the statistics say, but a 57% chance that MSU sweeps this weekend sounds about right, given the way this season has been going.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                      While you're rolling your eyes try and get them focused.
                      He picks and chooses on the UAA thread.
                      How about he posts his "research" on his own thread and quits trolling the UAA thread.
                      If people want to read it go on over to his thread and read till their hearts content
                      It goes way back.
                      Jeez man, did he boink your sister without your approval, or something?

OK, now I'm trolling. Fade out.

Comment

Classy!

Comment

Trolling about 22900 out of your total of 22936 not bad for a husky....... btw isn't he your uncle?
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I'm just curious. Is Jim Nantz trolling people watching CBS when he opens every telecast with the phrase "Hello friends"?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              Butt hurt a little?
                              You're a troll.
                              I'm sorry to have missed posting links that week.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by tomthumb View Post
                                I don't know exactly where all his numbers come from, but it's just statistics.
                                I'll always answer questions, but I don't know if this is an accepted environment.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X