X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    The league doesn't have it in for Mason, Mason is just a dumbs*** at times. How many times has he taken a stupid penalty at a bad time?
    True, but he has not taken many penalties for quite a few games now. What really bothers me is that there was a ref RIGHT THERE looking at it and didn't deem it a penalty. A penalty was called, but the refs hand went up before the bit in question, a holding penalty I believe. WCHA refs suck. I saw worse hits to the head on UAA players during the Ferris State game that were not called. Again, is the league going to go back and watch a replay of every game so they can correct what the refs missed?
    Last edited by Suze; 01-18-2017, 01:42 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      What really bothers me is that there was a ref RIGHT THERE looking at it and didn't deem it a penalty.Again, is the league going to go back and watch a replay of every game so they can correct what the refs missed?
      The Mason "correction" or whatever it's called has no effect on the game it occurred in but it sure will have an effect on a game it didn't occur in. Maybe we're lucky the call wasn't made so we skated on a 5 and the remainder of the game. But then again if they had made a call it could have been just a 5 or possibly a 2. Wonder what the League's position would have been if that was the call?
      Be very interesting if any correction affected a goal and the game outcome.
      As you said about the ref being right there, does the League keep score or take any action on what they deem a blown call?
      It is what it is. Mason is a definite asset to the team and will be missed on Friday.
      Hope he comes back real strong on Saturday.
      It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
      Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 01-18-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, is the league watching all the games to see if an infraction was "let go".
        They review games upon team request, as I understand it. The big emphasis is contact to the head. I think that Brennan Saulnier's been suspended twice for matters that haven't been called during the game.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Who we play this week and will we get some W's?
          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Ok, we can not fix the Mason call! But, can we please fix the PP? 0 for 10 last Saturday. Hmmm?

Comment

Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
              Ok, we can not fix the Mason call! But, can we please fix the PP? 0 for 10 last Saturday. Hmmm?

Welcome USCH1, always good to see new UAA posters here!

If the power play was working last weekend UAA would have won the Saturday game. They seem to be moving it around well, passes are a bit sharper, but they just don't shoot enough. Heck, sometimes they don't get a single shot off at all during a power play. Can't score if you don't shoot. Let's hope we see some improvement this weekend.

With Mitchell out I guess coach will be messing with the lines again. I hope he puts Duwe back in, that kid is such a hard worker and doesn't take a shift off!!
              Last edited by Suze; 01-19-2017, 10:36 PM.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                Who we play this week and will we get some W's?
                Northern Michigan. My gut says split. Hope I'm wrong. Tuttle didn't make the trip.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Northern Michigan. My gut says split. Hope I'm wrong. Tuttle didn't make the trip.
                  With solid play and a little help from the hockey gods we have a chance to improve in the league standings this weekend.
                  It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

• Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
                    Don't get too down on the boys, Tech's PK is unreal this year, and it needs to be due to all the garbage calls they are receiving....

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                      Don't get too down on the boys, Tech's PK is unreal this year, and it needs to be due to all the garbage calls they are receiving....
                      Also, since we started playing better our PP and PK have greatly improved.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        Also, since we started playing better our PP and PK have greatly improved.
                        Well that first period was AWFUL. We showed NO spark. Not happy that Duwe is in the stands either. Clearly their heads are not in this game yet ... what about that Coach Thomas??? What is up with this team anyway. They played so good against the top teams in the league and then they play like crap against the team below us?

Their arena looks as empty as the Sully.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well that first period was AWFUL. We showed NO spark. Not happy that Duwe is in the stands either. Clearly their heads are not in this game yet ... what about that Coach Thomas??? What is up with this team anyway. They played so good against the top teams in the league and then they play like crap against the team below us?

Their arena looks as empty as the Sully.
                          It can't be as empty as the Sully. The Sully's bigger.
                          I think we looked worse than awful in the first.
                          Mantha got the hook and although he might not have been sharp those goals weren't all his fault. He didn't have much playing in front of him.
                          Doesn't look good for us tonight.
                          Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 01-20-2017, 07:51 PM.

Comment

The best news? UAF, LSSU, and Ferris are all winning tonight. This inevitable loss will hurt just that much more.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              It can't be as empty as the Sully. The Sully's bigger.
                              I think we looked worse than awful in the first.
                              Mantha got the hook and although he might not have been sharp those goals weren't all his fault. He didn't have much playing in front of him.
                              Doesn't look good for us tonight.
                              I'm sorry, but that was a pathetic effort by everyone. Sure appears like this team has given up, and after last weekend that is really sad. Is Thomas a coach they want to win for, or not? He surely is not earning his paycheck.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

We took a good old fashioned *** whoopin.
                                Tomorrow's another day and hopefully we return to last weekends form.

Comment

Working...
                                X