X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    You can add my dad to that list as well, and he's been here literally from the start of the program.

How much is GCI is paying for those rights? Back in the oldWCHA I could see $10K a season (generous?), but now it must be much lower. If 100-250 people are watching it in the comfort of there home, where's the breakeven point? It came to light recently that UAA probably only gets $4/5 per ticket paid in full, that profit margin is probably averaging around 33% with the tier seating. Using that as a baseline for all profits at a game; beer, food, beer, raffles? Then comes the things UAA probably gets more for margin wise; student and alumni tickets, merch, programs, season tickets, raffles?

Point being and tl;dr UAA is probably making the correct choice financially.
    SMG manages the Dena'Ina Center, Egan Center, Sullivan Arena, Ben Boeke Ice Arena, Dempsey*Anderson and several other venues around Anchorage and the State.
    All funds (meaning every penny) from the sale of ALL food and beverages goes directly to SMG. Not one cent goes to UAA.
    On the other hand ALL funds generated by Split the Pot, Jersey Raffle, merchandize sales, programs and the sale of Blueliners Booster Club memberships goes directly to UAA.
    The greater the attendance the more funds generated for the University.
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 01-09-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      Since 12/02/16:

UAH: 3-5-0-0 (3-3-0-0)
      UAA: 4-3-1-0 (4-3-1-0) tie=shootout loss
      UA_: 2-5-1-1 (2-3-1-1)
      BSU: 4-4-2-1 (4-3-1-1)
      BG: 4-5-0-0 (3-5-0-0)
      FSU: 2-4-2-1 (2-3-2-1)
      LSSU: 2-5-1-0 (2-3-1-0)
      MTU: 5-3-0-0 (3-1-0-0)
      MSU: 5-2-1-0 (4-1-1-0)
      NMU: 2-6-0-0 (2-4-0-0) they play LSSU in back to back weekends

Fairly certain I did that correctly, puts UAA in our best light but still interesting.
      Here's the brick into this line of thinking: Every single one of those games UAA played was in Alaska. 6 at home, 2 in Fairbanks. Good run, but it doesn't mean much with them facing a ton of road games.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

You can add my dad to that list as well, and he's been here literally from the start of the program.

How much is GCI is paying for those rights? Back in the oldWCHA I could see $10K a season (generous?), but now it must be much lower. If 100-250 people are watching it in the comfort of there home, where's the breakeven point? It came to light recently that UAA probably only gets $4/5 per ticket paid in full, that profit margin is probably averaging around 33% with the tier seating. Using that as a baseline for all profits at a game; beer, food, beer, raffles? Then comes the things UAA probably gets more for margin wise; student and alumni tickets, merch, programs, season tickets, raffles?

Point being and tl;dr UAA is probably making the correct choice financially.
        The 250 number was not people watching, but televisions tuned in - state wide. I know that the American Legion, Peanut Farm, and other sports bars show the games. My point is that UAA has NO CLUE how many fans are in front of each of those television sets. There could be a couple thousand people watching from home instead of attending, simply because it is free and it is live. It may be better for UAA financially, but in my opinion they are sabotaging the atmosphere at the Sully.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          The 250 number was not people watching, but televisions tuned in - state wide. I know that the American Legion, Peanut Farm, and other sports bars show the games. My point is that UAA has NO CLUE how many fans are in front of each of those television sets. There could be a couple thousand people watching from home instead of attending, simply because it is free and it is live. It may be better for UAA financially, but in my opinion they are sabotaging the atmosphere at the Sully.
          The American Legion on Brayton drive only shows away games with a paid up fee to WCHA tv. this is hosted by a few Veteran season ticket holders who

welcome all Seawolves fans to join the away game fun. You do not have to be Military to be a guest at a Legion Family center. All age fans welcome.

See everybody Friday and Saturday to watch Mich Tech @3:07.
          Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 01-09-2017, 02:22 PM.
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            SMG manages the Dena'Ina Center, Egan Center, Sullivan Arena, Ben Boeke Ice Arena, Dempsey*Anderson and several other venues around Anchorage and the State.
            All funds (meaning every penny) from the sale of ALL food and beverages goes directly to SMG. Not one cent goes to UAA.
            On the other hand ALL funds generated by Split the Pot, Jersey Raffle, merchandize sales, programs and the sale of Blueliners Booster Club memberships goes directly to UAA.

You forgot one of SMG's biggest cash cows, the Parking Fee, unless of course you pretend jonny has a game and you present the Parking Chick the legendary.....

"At the Baumeister finger."
            Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 01-09-2017, 02:25 PM.
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              You forgot one of SMG's biggest cash cows, the Parking Fee, unless of course you pretend jonny has a game and you present the Parking Chick the legendary.....

"At the Baumeister finger."
              You're right on the parking fees. $6 a pop (if all the cash is turned in) goes to SMG. Not a cent to UAA.
              Not positive but believe UAA pays $3,000 a game to run the scoreboard. Who gets that money?
              Kinda looks like we could use some better negotiators in any future contract negotiations.

Comment

You're right on the parking fees. $6 a pop (if all the cash is turned in) goes to SMG. Not a cent to UAA.
                Not positive but believe UAA pays $3,000 a game to run the scoreboard. Who gets that money?
                Kinda looks like we could use some better negotiators in any future contract negotiations.
                I heard from a yellow jacket that check is written to the Aces.

Comment

I heard from a yellow jacket that check is written to the Aces.
                  If true that's rubbing salt in the wound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    If true that's rubbing salt in the wound.
                    Wasn't it the Aces who bought it and therefore own it? Not saying it's right, just saying.
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Wasn't it the Aces who bought it and therefore own it? Not saying it's right, just saying.
                      The Aces did buy it, but I thought the city then bought it from the Aces? I remember reading that the municipality was trying to decide whether it would buy or lease the scoreboard from the Aces. Whoever runs it now does not do a very good job. The score was wrong on the Saturday game for a good 5 minutes. Last weekend the first 3 shots that Bemidji took were credited to UAA.
                      Last edited by Suze; 01-09-2017, 06:54 PM.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        The Aces did buy it, but I thought the city then bought it from the Aces? I remember reading that the municipality was trying to decide whether it would buy or lease the scoreboard from the Aces. Whoever runs it now does not do a very good job. The score was wrong on the Saturday game for a good 5 minutes. Last weekend the first 3 shots that Bemidji took were credited to UAA.
                        The fee paid must be for the erudite operators of the scoreboard. Errors and slow corrections are no extra charge.

Comment

Don't forget Anchorages Finest about 4-5 with a super, sometimes a paramedic on standby, and the road cone lady who's own's the sully gig.

Comment

Don't forget Anchorages Finest about 4-5 with a super, sometimes a paramedic on standby, and the road cone lady who's own's the sully gig.
                            But they're all on overtime (no joke even if it is a joke) no regular time people out there.
                            How many more goofed up money deals do we endure?
                            Our "deal" at the Sully is helping to kill us.

Comment

The annual ‘Skate with the Seawolves’ is Jan. 29 at Westchester Lagoon, 1-3 p.m.

The final ‘Coaches Corner’ is Feb. 3. Coach Matt Thomas will discuss the Minnesota State series and take questions prior to the start of the Friday night game in the Sullivan Arena in the Northeast Lounge from 6:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.

The Feb. 24-25 series vs. Alaska Fairbanks will double as ‘Scout Night’. Free entry to both games for Boy’s and Girl’s Scouts, 12 and under, when wearing a uniform.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                                Is that the norm, sounds like some movie theater ****.
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X