X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    It was really maddening to see the cheap shots on Manny tonight.
    I especially felt bad seeing him go down after the last one.. But the way Maloney darted towards the box before the ref could even call it and without looking up was a little funny.. (a little)...

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
      I especially felt bad seeing him go down after the last one.. But the way Maloney darted towards the box before the ref could even call it and without looking up was a little funny.. (a little)...
      I know, but what bothers me is that it was deliberate and blatant. BTW, nice to see you here!
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Yep it was very much like "Yah, I know I screwed up I am heading to the box on my own..."

It was disappointing to see 3(maybe 4) Ferris State players skate off the ice before hand shakes even with one of their own teammates trying to call them back.

Comment

Originally posted by ddr View Post
          Yep it was very much like "Yah, I know I screwed up I am heading to the box on my own..."

It was disappointing to see 3(maybe 4) Ferris State players skate off the ice before hand shakes even with one of their own teammates trying to call them back.
          Didn't see that, but yeah, it's bad form.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

That was the fastest he skated all night as that is a asskikking CHEAP SHOT, and should of been...................Grayson Allen wannabe
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              That was the fastest he skated all night as that is a asskikking CHEAP SHOT, and should of been...................Grayson Allen wannabe
              IMO, Maloney should have gotten 2 for the slash and 2 for unsportsmanlike because it was totally deliberate.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Shootouts still suck.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Shootouts still suck.
                  I agree, but they didn't lose outright. I swear that Kozun, Anholt and Luedtke are all going to see replays of their missed chances in their sleep tonight. This is a game they should have won.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Shootouts still suck.

Yeah, really, JJ! This whole weekend, Ferrits State tried everything in their power to take him out.

And in the end, four outta six points.... It'll do for this weekend. Rest Well Mantha ~ you deserve it!

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      I agree, but they didn't lose outright.
                      Hey Suzers, never mind the email I sent you. I found the party in question that I was looking for! (fine and dandy)

Comment

Yeah, really, JJ! This whole weekend, Ferrits State tried everything in their power to take him out.

And in the end, four outta six points.... It'll do for this weekend. Rest Well Mantha ~ you deserve it!
                        goalie runnin bulldogs with a red collar.
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          goalie runnin bulldogs with a red collar.
                          Not an understatement. They took a slashing the goalie, roughing the goalie and goalie interference this weekend. And of course the one on Friday night that really shook Mantha up wasn't even called. A bunch of thugs on skates.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Since 12/02/16:

UAH: 3-5-0-0 (3-3-0-0)
                            UAA: 4-3-1-0 (4-3-1-0) tie=shootout loss
                            UA_: 2-5-1-1 (2-3-1-1)
                            BSU: 4-4-2-1 (4-3-1-1)
                            BG: 4-5-0-0 (3-5-0-0)
                            FSU: 2-4-2-1 (2-3-2-1)
                            LSSU: 2-5-1-0 (2-3-1-0)
                            MTU: 5-3-0-0 (3-1-0-0)
                            MSU: 5-2-1-0 (4-1-1-0)
                            NMU: 2-6-0-0 (2-4-0-0) they play LSSU in back to back weekends

Fairly certain I did that correctly, puts UAA in our best light but still interesting.
                            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                              Since 12/02/16:

UAH: 3-5-0-0 (3-3-0-0)
                              UAA: 4-3-1-0 (4-3-1-0) tie=shootout loss
                              UA_: 2-5-1-1 (2-3-1-1)
                              BSU: 4-4-2-1 (4-3-1-1)
                              BG: 4-5-0-0 (3-5-0-0)
                              FSU: 2-4-2-1 (2-3-2-1)
                              LSSU: 2-5-1-0 (2-3-1-0)
                              MTU: 5-3-0-0 (3-1-0-0)
                              MSU: 5-2-1-0 (4-1-1-0)
                              NMU: 2-6-0-0 (2-4-0-0) they play LSSU in back to back weekends

Fairly certain I did that correctly, puts UAA in our best light but still interesting.
                              Now that players are healthy, the team seems to be going in the right direction. Now if UAA would just get the dang games off of live TV. I just talked to someone today who said both of her neighbors used to come to all the games, but now stay home and watch. I have friends who do the same, and this is a recurring theme. Very disturbing.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                Now that players are healthy, the team seems to be going in the right direction. Now if UAA would just get the dang games off of live TV. I just talked to someone today who said both of her neighbors used to come to all the games, but now stay home and watch. I have friends who do the same, and this is a recurring theme. Very disturbing.
                                You can add my dad to that list as well, and he's been here literally from the start of the program.

How much is GCI is paying for those rights? Back in the oldWCHA I could see $10K a season (generous?), but now it must be much lower. If 100-250 people are watching it in the comfort of there home, where's the breakeven point? It came to light recently that UAA probably only gets $4/5 per ticket paid in full, that profit margin is probably averaging around 33% with the tier seating. Using that as a baseline for all profits at a game; beer, food, beer, raffles? Then comes the things UAA probably gets more for margin wise; student and alumni tickets, merch, programs, season tickets, raffles?

Point being and tl;dr UAA is probably making the correct choice financially.
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X