X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Copied from this weeks blurb:

UPCOMING EVENTS
    Join the Seawolves’ head coach Matt Thomas for ‘Coaches Corner’– two, free events for all Seawolf Fans. Thomas will discuss the upcoming series and take questions prior to the start of the Friday night game in the Sullivan Arena. Join us Dec. 2 and Feb. 3 in the Northeast Lounge from 6:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Copied from this weeks blurb:

UPCOMING EVENTS
      Join the Seawolves’ head coach Matt Thomas for ‘Coaches Corner’– two, free events for all Seawolf Fans. Thomas will discuss the upcoming series and take questions prior to the start of the Friday night game in the Sullivan Arena. Join us Dec. 2 and Feb. 3 in the Northeast Lounge from 6:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
      Thanks for the reminder ... see ya there.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Great win UAA! We had a previous commitment tonight and couldn't make it. I told Mr. Suze that UAA would win because we wouldn't be there. Do it again tomorrow!
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Seawolves Win! I was wrong! They won a game!
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Seawolves Win! I was wrong! They won a game!
            nice win Boy's
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I'm watching the replay on TV. UAA looked good, but at times they also looked very sloppy. The twins goal/assist was a thing of beauty! Trinkberger ... try to stay out of the box.

I hope the refs keep an eye on NMU number 19 ... he purposely ran into Mantha a few times tonight.
              Last edited by Suze; 12-03-2016, 03:17 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

congrats on the win....too bad crowd was so small......

UAA hockey wins first WCHA....box score shows 612 in the seats in the 6500 seat Sullivan Arena....
                1800 at volleyball and probably more as lady seawolves play in west region champioinship

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post

UAA hockey wins first WCHA....box score shows 612 in the seats in the 6500 seat Sullivan Arena....
                  1800 at volleyball and probably more as lady seawolves play in west region champioinship
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

UAA deserved to win that game. Heck, Northern didn't even have a SOG in the 3rd period until there was like 6 minutes left in the period. So frustrating. I want to know WHO is in charge of the teams power play? Lack of a PP is what cost them this game.

The next home series is played at 1:37 pm on both Friday and Saturday. I don't mind going to an afternoon game on a Saturday, but on a Friday? Most people will be at work. What genius thought of this one? EDIT: The Aces play that weekend and were able to get the evening time slot. So much for UAA having priority use of the Sully like they used to have.
                    Last edited by Suze; 12-04-2016, 01:39 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

UAA is in a bind. Why would UAA and the 700 fans they're going to bring in have priority over the Aces?
                      If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post

2710 tonight, fans were spilling into the upper bowl due to the lower bowl almost at capacity...great atomsphere
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          UAA deserved to win that game. Heck, Northern didn't even have a SOG in the 3rd period until there was like 6 minutes left in the period. So frustrating. I want to know WHO is in charge of the teams power play? Lack of a PP is what cost them this game.
                          Save this date Ask him yourself Feb. 3 in the Northeast Lounge from 6:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          The next home series is played at 1:37 pm on both Friday and Saturday. I don't mind going to an afternoon game on a Saturday, but on a Friday? Most people will be at work. What genius thought of this one? EDIT: The Aces play that weekend and were able to get the evening time slot. So much for UAA having priority use of the Sully like they used to have.
                          so it's a toss no body Friday afternoon or nobody new years eve. ....... new years eve .......better places to be with way cheaper beer.
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

New recruit via twitter:

https://twitter.com/Jared14Nash

Had a huge year in the GOJHL 15-16: 45 GP for 19-43-62, tack on in the playoffs 21 GP for 6-20-26

Doing okay in his first year in the BCHL 16-17: 29 GP for 2-10-12

Slated to come up here 18-19.
                            Last edited by AKSWF; 12-10-2016, 10:02 PM.
                            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Happy Holiday and Merry Christmas to all. It's a good day to be a Seawolf

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                                New recruit via twitter:

https://twitter.com/Jared14Nash

Had a huge year in the GOJHL 15-16: 45 GP for 19-43-62, tack on in the playoffs 21 GP for 6-20-26

Doing okay in his first year in the BCHL 16-17: 29 GP for 2-10-12

Slated to come up here 18-19.
                                Just saw him listed at Chris Heisenberg's site. Missing from that list is Daniel Haider. He de-comitted two weeks ago. This one stings. I was really looking forward to watching him play at the Sully. I think there is still a good deal of uncertainty about the future of UAA hockey. Can't blame a player for choosing a school that is a better fit for themselves. I hope the University steps up and shows more support for the hockey team.
                                Last edited by Suze; 12-22-2016, 12:40 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X