X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Looking forward to the trip to AK for the next couple weeks. Leaving 70 F in Denver for 27 F in Anchorage and 7 F in Fairbanks. Man, I must love Huskies hockey. Also I would like to thank UAA athletics and their budget surplus for chartering a flight for all of the Huskies fans coming up from the lower 48 for the games. However I feel the paint job is similar to the pink locker rooms at Iowa. It may have worked on Michigan, but Huskies don't fear Ponies.
    Ryan J

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      Hope you're prepared for ice instead of snow.
      I'm prepared for the ice. I was not prepared for the fact that my new Sprint work phone doesn't have a network in the state of Alaska. Doh! Not that I rely on my phone for everything in this day and age, but well umm, yes actually I do. If you see someone in a rental car driving from one WiFi hot spot to another, that's me. I guess I'm going to do this trip old school with paper maps and a lot more planning ahead before I leave the hotel each morning.

It's amazing how invisible technology is until its gone. Well at least I can find my way down to the glass to shoot tonight without a map, once I'm inside the rink, asuming the rink is still in the center of the seating area like it was last trip...

Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I'm prepared for the ice. I was not prepared for the fact that my new Sprint work phone doesn't have a network in the state of Alaska. Doh! Not that I rely on my phone for everything in this day and age, but well umm, yes actually I do. If you see someone in a rental car driving from one WiFi hot spot to another, that's me. I guess I'm going to do this trip old school with paper maps and a lot more planning ahead before I leave the hotel each morning.

It's amazing how invisible technology is until its gone. Well at least I can find my way down to the glass to shoot tonight without a map, once I'm inside the rink, asuming the rink is still in the center of the seating area like it was last trip...

Ryan J
        Will your phone take a pre-paid SIM for another carrier?

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Still no stream yet from the Sully.

Edit - aha, there it is.

Comment

Whoever the camera op is that's running the tight follow camera at the Sully - that's network quality shooting. Not the kind of performance level I'm used to seeing on WCHA.tv these days. The replay on the Hanna goal kept the puck fully in frame all the way to the twine.

Full credit and kudos. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              Whoever the camera op is that's running the tight follow camera at the Sully - that's network quality shooting. Not the kind of performance level I'm used to seeing on WCHA.tv these days. The replay on the Hanna goal kept the puck fully in frame all the way to the twine.

Full credit and kudos.
              UAA has always had good video.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Full credit and kudos. Keep it up!
                Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                UAA has always had good video.
                In the past, students of the JPC (journalism, p?, communications? idk) program at UAA worked the cameras, don't know if they still do. Before the days of WCHAtv it was hit or miss.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

We just got Verizon...
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Depressing yet impressive stat of the night: Brad Duwe in his third league game this season has amassed 42.9% of our WCHA goals (3 of 7)...

Yet another falling down Alaskan connection goal:

https://www.nhl.com/capitals/video/b...440/c-46489703
                    Last edited by AKSWF; 11-19-2016, 02:09 AM. Reason: Rhett &

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      Will your phone take a pre-paid SIM for another carrier?
                      GFM
                      Given that it is a work work, I don't really want to tinker with it in that way. However I talked to our owner yesterday and he put a limited roaming package on my contract so at least I can get through the next 10 days.
                      Ryan J
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        Depressing yet impressive stat of the night: Brad Duwe in his third league game this season has amassed 42.9% of our WCHA goals (3 of 7)...

Yet another falling down Alaskan connection goal:

https://www.nhl.com/capitals/video/b...440/c-46489703
                        They try to play too pretty for a team that frankly doesn't have the talent to play pretty. Too many passes and not enough shots and JFC are they slow at moving the puck around.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Hubbs suspended.

Ever seen a team dress only 10 forwards? Probably will tonight!
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Camera man obviously has no idea there is a banner on the screen.
                            Please get yesterday's camera guy back.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                              Camera man obviously has no idea there is a banner on the screen.
                              Please get yesterday's camera guy back.
                              Was thinking the exact same thing.
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

WE DIDN"T LOSE!

Shootouts may not suck as much as previously thought...

Good for the team, they worked hard for those two points.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X