This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

They had 7 shots in two periods. 7. You aren't winning on that.

If people wanna know why there's always a ton of comments *ing on UAA hockey, it's games like this. Somebody needs to go into the locker room and tell them they don't have the luxury of playing bad. Keep playing like this and the program is gone!
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

If people wanna know why there's always a ton of comments *ing on UAA hockey, it's games like this. Somebody needs to go into the locker room and tell them they don't have the luxury of playing bad. Keep playing like this and the program is gone!
      Ever since Thomas got here he's been harping on the low attendance. WIN a freaking game, and win on a consistent basis and you will see the Sully fill up. Play the way they have been and expect the numbers to stay low. And I can't blame anyone for not attending the games when they play like this.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
        So, what's the likelihood the NCAA approves the waiver? And if they don't, what are the remaining options?
        Ask those hicks from Flickertail land about how they just bend over for any stupid request. I thinks............ same answer will be given. Nope
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          If the waiver is denied, Johnson said UAF would see significant reductions in scholarships to meet the 20% cut mandate, and UAA would be cut to ten teams. But I think there is still pressure to cut bigger $ at UAA and hockey may be gone.

But I would like to know how much do they think they are saving by reducing scholarships. There is a big difference between “the value” of a scholarship vs the “cost savings” of eliminating a scholarship. Only if UAF is at capacity, and a student athlete is taking the seat of an otherwise paying customer, is there much of a cost to a scholarship. Make significant cuts to athletic scholarships and not one professor will lose a job, nor one cafeteria line worker, nor one housing officer, not one book store clerk and certainly not any administrator. Where are the true savings? Since many our folks are on partial scholarships, they’ll need to factor in the lost revenue from the athlete’s share of housing, food, books, etc.
          Travel, coaching salaries, facility rental, and equipment & supplies are true, and not insignificant costs.

There is no reason our teams should not be at their full NCAA allotment of scholarships. Don’t confuse real life with internal cost allocations.
          Even with 100% scholarships UA is still not giving out stipends to their d-1 students as the only teams in wcha to be that cheap. Dim....that helps so much ...thanks

You Can't play D-1 with a D-2 mentality
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

WCHA Games (2 Games): 1 GF, 6 GA
            All Games (6 Games): 4 GF, 19 GA

Per game:
            WCHA Games (2 Games): 0.5 GF, 3 GA
            All Games (6 Games): 0.666 GF, 3.1666 GA
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Feel free to ask the coach however the way it has been explained to me is he does not just want the puck fired on the net. He only wants his players to take "quality" shots.
              Not sure how he feels this is working out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                Feel free to ask the coach however the way it has been explained to me is he does not just want the puck fired on the net. He only wants his players to take "quality" shots.
                The problem is, their shots are not quality shots. How many went WAY wide or over the net? And when you are getting so few shots on net to begin with, they HAVE to be more accurate. The first two shots they had tonight were no where near scoring chances.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                  I expect lip service ala Shyiak.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Well we're a slow motion train wreck so far....guess I'll check in and see how our other future new team played this weekend. Looks like Woody is back to his standard snarky self. The guys a class A tool. How can Anchorage not come up with a solid coaching candidate? I really liked them hiring Thomas but come on, let's see some offense, and that's not just in ref to this year. Goal scoring wouldn't put so much pressure on your wobbly woefully slow defense.
                    If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      Pathetic effort. Thomas better start earning his paycheck.
                      Early in this season but if wins go below his last season total, I want him out. In retrospect we gave Shyiak two extra years, wins were up but attendance was ever spiraling down. Offense, possession, puck control, and passing I've seen better from mite teams. Defense has been flat footed, sticks up their ***, etc. Mantha has been trying. Frustrating to see our team regress into the teams from the oldWCHA, and yet somehow even worse statistically. With our future still uncertain 5/10 years down the road, we need to start winning and getting more butts in the seats, we literally cannot afford another sub-bar effort.

Still hoping we could snag Davis Payne, TJ Jindra might be enticed to be a head coach, is Dennis Sorenson still coaching? The ultimate wet dream team would be Joey Crabb, Justin Johnson, Kevin Reiter, and Curtis Glencross. Just think of the teams they would put on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                        Well we're a slow motion train wreck so far....guess I'll check in and see how our other future new team played this weekend. Looks like Woody is back to his standard snarky self. The guys a class A tool. How can Anchorage not come up with a solid coaching candidate? I really liked them hiring Thomas but come on, let's see some offense, and that's not just in ref to this year. Goal scoring wouldn't put so much pressure on your wobbly woefully slow defense.
                        Any future contracts should be more heavily focused on incentive bonuses.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                          Offense, possession, puck control, and passing I've seen better from mite teams.
                          You wouldn't if those mite teams had to play against peewee teams.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                            **** off troll. Why U mad, bro? Do you even lift, bro?

Seriously, do you actually think any you have to say to UAA fans is something they welcome? Take your habit of ****ing on other people's misery out of here; I know it helps your impotency to crap on people when they're down but it's really bad form you useless twat.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              Get a life somewhere else you 3 a dayer.

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                                **** off troll. Why U mad, bro? Do you even lift, bro?

Seriously, do you actually think any you have to say to UAA fans is something they welcome? Take your habit of ****ing on other people's misery out of here; I know it helps your impotency to crap on people when they're down but it's really bad form you useless twat.
                                *facepalm*

We are the worst fanbase on this board...
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X